E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > From 335d to e92 m3 build thread.

08-28-2014, 12:49 PM   #661
whateva411
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 F32 430d MSport EB

There's more to a car than just pure out and out speed. Otherwise everyone would have a gtr or something of that ilk.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 12:57 PM   #662
BMW325iE90
Private
Rep
Drives: 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin80k View Post
yeah, when somebody has a different opinion, let's ignore him, right!?

why don't u rather race me with your little e46 m3 that would se my tail on the lights anyday....
I like you man. You remind me of me.

Let's ignore the fact I have a 325i soon to be 335i (JB4 with LSD).

Fact is your 335d is a great car. But lets be honest here:

- ...for a start yours sounds shit
- the M3 looks better than yours stock
- and finally it will just drop the panties of the bitches a lot quicker FACT
- It's NOT an M3

Watch this you stupid C***

Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 02:55 PM   #663
NJ 1161
Major
Rep
Drives: 335D M3

Lol bmw325ie90 - like your style nice and to the point! I think someone mentioned above, stopping replying to the responses I feel would be the best way forward. Martin oh Martin, feel free to pm me if you have any comparison questions that I can shed light on. If not start a thread asking for people to compare the 2 models, but as everyone has stated, please leave it alone on my build thread!

Just a note about your supercharger question, and speed vs styling. I have balanced the 2 IMO. As Idnan states I have an evolve remap, akropovic full titanium primary decat exhaust, and uprated filter, which considerable adds to low down torque and makes the car even quicker. A chap I know rates this conversion over supercharging ( see this months pvw magazine, f16rce) and has just returned to this set up. Your 4.5k supercharger kit is also by the time you have shipping and import duty a 6k kit then fitting and the associated remapping then 8k plus. I have looked into the evolve supercharger kit but at almost 50% off the value of my whole car it seems crazy! Many of my mods I will sell separately when I sell the car and recuperate the full cost as I was savy when I bought them. Trust me! In terms of styling I've not spent that much. No wild body kits as you suggested I should be buying originally. Just some subtle tweaks to the original design.

So if we can get the thread back on track, do I or don't i ..............

08-28-2014, 03:41 PM   #664
Josh1a1h
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AzuriteBlack 335i E92

Mate you rock my world haha!
That stuff is shit hawt right there!

Looking forward to seeing these installed!!! Can i test them?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 03:45 PM   #665
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

Yes Nick. Yes you do!
      08-28-2014, 03:51 PM   #666
E92Dan
Captain
Rep
Drives: 330d

They look cool, do it!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 01:40 AM   #667
skelts
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Nick I'm afraid these wouldn't look right in a M3 but would be perfect for a 335d with all that torque

Love them mate, get them installed
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 06:10 AM   #668
Martin80k
Rep
n/a
Drives:

listen, you putting out your built thread so be prepared to get a feedback, and as many people as many feedbacks....i am not sure, if there would be a custom duty on a second hand product can be viewed as a gift or so...i dont know the rules anyway....
well, e92 sounds nice, but then again, i reiterate, i am afraid it will feel power less as 335i felt to me...i wanna feel power from low revs. that's what i am saying....

so how much HP are you pulling now? i guess that tinanium exhaust was pretty much expensive touching the turbo kit
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 10:56 AM   #669
BMWChap
Major
Rep
Drives: F32

Lovely seats! Fook!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 11:46 AM   #670
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

Quote:
listen, you putting out your built thread so be prepared to get a feedback, and as many people as many feedbacks....i am not sure, if there would be a custom duty on a second hand product can be viewed as a gift or so...i dont know the rules anyway....
well, e92 sounds nice, but then again, i reiterate, i am afraid it will feel power less as 335i felt to me...i wanna feel power from low revs. that's what i am saying....

so how much HP are you pulling now? i guess that tinanium exhaust was pretty much expensive touching the turbo kit
Martin with all due respect what you came in saying wasn't feedback. It was questioning OP's way of modding and justifying why you didn't buy and M3 when in fact nobody asked you.
      08-30-2014, 02:51 PM   #671
Martin80k
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW325iE90 View Post
I like you man. You remind me of me.

Let's ignore the fact I have a 325i soon to be 335i (JB4 with LSD).

Fact is your 335d is a great car. But lets be honest here:

- ...for a start yours sounds shit
- the M3 looks better than yours stock
- and finally it will just drop the panties of the bitches a lot quicker FACT
- It's NOT an M3

Watch this you stupid C***
oh man, i hate 335i. I hate that car....omg......it has ok sound though, but the whole bmw sound is so bad, i can't even believe, just listen to mercedes, or porsche's v6 sounds miles better than stupid BMW's sound, i would fucking fire the whole exhaust division at BMW including M division!!!! they are ridiculous!!!! i hope they see this puppets!!!! just listen new bmw x6m or new m4 has so much criticism,,omg.....i like BMW ruggedness and practicality though but suspension is hard and not comfortable.

this, kind of comparison between M3 and 335d is ridiculous......you can tell that you your girlfriend actually, and that might be enough for her, but I am interested in very specific comparison of how gas pedal reacts, how faster you can go to the bends on M3 to 335d, how more comfortable is suspension with EDC on M3, and what is the consumption in city, or in highway or when you trash it or when you try to be fuel conscious.....and many more.......if that makes sense and OP or whatever his name is but ppl r calling him here that name, should put cards on the table and compare it, because the discussion is already started, so i dont see the reason, why wouldn't he wrote some summary here anyway....i dont wanna start another thread coz i am tired of it, but i can..i dont know...
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2014, 03:01 PM   #672
Martin80k
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
Martin with all due respect what you came in saying wasn't feedback. It was questioning OP's way of modding and justifying why you didn't buy and M3 when in fact nobody asked you.
omg man it was just a feedback, i can see you are just praising here stuff and nobody says his opinion.....

anyhow, listen, what's the market price of 335d coupes in UK right now 2007 onwards? i saw it's pretty damn cheap....in europe is still like 17000EUR but in UK under 10k GBP!!???
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2014, 04:32 PM   #673
timp7748
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 335d Sport

Quote:
oh man, i hate 335i. I hate that car....omg......it has ok sound though, but the whole bmw sound is so bad, i can't even believe, just listen to mercedes, or porsche's v6 sounds miles better than stupid BMW's sound, i would fucking fire the whole exhaust division at BMW including M division!!!! they are ridiculous!!!! i hope they see this puppets!!!! just listen new bmw x6m or new m4 has so much criticism,,omg.....i like BMW ruggedness and practicality though but suspension is hard and not comfortable.

this, kind of comparison between M3 and 335d is ridiculous......you can tell that you your girlfriend actually, and that might be enough for her, but I am interested in very specific comparison of how gas pedal reacts, how faster you can go to the bends on M3 to 335d, how more comfortable is suspension with EDC on M3, and what is the consumption in city, or in highway or when you trash it or when you try to be fuel conscious.....and many more.......if that makes sense and OP or whatever his name is but ppl r calling him here that name, should put cards on the table and compare it, because the discussion is already started, so i dont see the reason, why wouldn't he wrote some summary here anyway....i dont wanna start another thread coz i am tired of it, but i can..i dont know...
Your a fucking idiot. No doubt about it. How many of these cars have you driven? None i imagine other than on GT6, hence why you seem to think all BMWs sound shit. I drove the M4 a couple of weeks ago and I can tell you it sounded amazing (as have many others who have driven it have said too!). The X6M uses the same engine as the new M6 does it not? Ive driven one of them too, that also sounds amazing!

Porsche dont even use a V6 (unless its a diesel)... its a flat 6! So once again your information came completely out your arse. The mercedes engine you are probably refering to is the 6.3 V8. Yes its a peach but have you ever heard an E92 M3 screaming past you with that V8 in full song? Probably not because its against your beliefs to like any type of sound a BMW makes.

In terms of your pointless comparison of fuel consumption and throttle response you are obsessed with, its like comparing a Golf GTD to a Lambo? Pretty certain a Golf would win any comparison on fuel consumption. And that sums up my point.... its utterly stupid to compare a M3 to a 335d on this basis. The M3 was NOT designed to return amazing fuel consumption figures like you want it to. It was built to be a performance car. And this thing with throttle response... im pretty sure you aint going to have a problem with a car that can accelerate 0 - 60 in 4 secs.

Finally, as others have said repeatedly, this is a BUILD thread, NOT a COMPARISON thread. It exists for the OP to share his car and allow others to appreciate his efforts and work.

If you want to COMPARE a 335d against a M3 do a simple search... like i just did. Believe it or not it took 2 seconds (nearly as fast as your 'super special M3 killer' 335d) to find this thread:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84569

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2014, 06:05 PM   #674
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

Quote:
ok honestly? i am afraid that BMW m3 e92 is weak in terms of engine. it has no torque. i remember when i was test driving 335i performance package, and it had no torque in low revs and i was like, omg, this has no power in comparison to mine 335d...and i am not going to rev the engine every time i wanna go fast....
The 335i has no torque low down?

The 335i makes maximum torque from 1300RPM.

Quote:

What Porsches come with V6 engines? Not many of the famous ones.

One thing that is perfectly clear through all your ranting, you haven't a clue what you are talking about.

Please spare this thread your nonsense.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 11:34 AM   #675
NJ 1161
Major
Rep

Well... Trying to keep this thread on track,

Had a few hours today so thought I'd tinker with the car.

My rear window tints have always annoyed me as I had dimples around the dot matrix and frankly just to dark. Always put it off as read its a bit of a nightmare job.

Just sat in the back of my car and saw an edge, hmmm, started pulling edge of the tint on the rear screen 5 minutes later and all in one sheet I had this!

What a result! Some residue to clean off but. Happy all the same.

So had a go at the rear side windows,

And 10 minutes later voila! All off. Again some residue but I will tackle another day, but so much better.

Car has factory tinted rear so still darker on the back but just as bmw intended. So happy! Basically it was limo tint before and now dark but oem transparent.

All the better to see these .......

Thought I'd run a do run just to see how complicated to fit.

Good news is need a few extra bolts of various lengths but planning on getting in for the low collective show next weekend and players the following.

Not bolted in but some teaser shots.... Think I may have made a little sex wee when I first saw,

Fatboy and it's supermodel friend. Oem seats are so unbelievably heavy!

With sliders,

And then the money shots ( just resting)

Enough pic whoring. Will be fitting both this week for sure!
      08-31-2014, 11:52 AM   #676
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

Good to see you back Nick doing what you do best...... Modding and modding with style
      08-31-2014, 12:40 PM   #677
NJ 1161
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by old grey steve View Post
Good to see you back Nick doing what you do best...... Modding and modding with style
Cheers Steve. Lost the love for a while, but excited about the seats going in,

Also, fitted alcantara boots with orange stitching that I've had lying around for a while.

Not vey clean but....

08-31-2014, 12:44 PM   #678
rufnekfatboy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport Conv

"Think I may have made a little sex wee when I first saw"

Pmsl.....

Mate the firm I work for does a great product for removing sticky residue, PM me and I will send some up for you.... F.O.C
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 01:02 PM   #679
timp7748
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 335d Sport

Such a tasteful car. Credit to you mate.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 01:11 PM   #680
NJ 1161
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufnekfatboy
"Think I may have made a little sex wee when I first saw"

Pmsl.....

Mate the firm I work for does a great product for removing sticky residue, PM me and I will send some up for you.... F.O.C
You my friend are a topman, will do!
      08-31-2014, 01:12 PM   #681
E92Dan
Captain
Rep
Drives: 330d

Are they comfortable? They look it. But I bet they are tricky to get in and out of?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 01:12 PM   #682
NJ 1161
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by timp7748
Such a tasteful car. Credit to you mate.
Cheers timp