E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Big Motoring World, Independent Used BMW Cars for Sale in West Malling, Kent, Reviews

02-01-2011, 01:23 PM   #793
Daeths
Rep
Drives: x3

I love this site. I only came across it by chance and felt compelled to share my horrific experience dealing with Big Motoring World in Wrotham, Kent. To recap , I bought my wife an X3 with full service history and a years MOT.

After many months of waiting for the service book and doing my own checks I confronted the 'manager' (I have to use that term very loosely and those that have met him will understand well) and it was acknowledged the car never had a full service history. The car also wasn't MOT'd for a year.

In fact the only thing they had done was to wash it, put tyre black on and knock it out as a flasely advertised vehicle.

During my relationship with them over the service book, we became quite 'intimate' (assuming you are into those abusive and argumentative relationships).

In short, do not spend your money with these guys, the cars are not what they seem, many have cheap after market replica alloys or 'alloy upgrades' and they know nothing about the marque they are attempting to sell. These accusations are useless without hard facts, so here goes:

I asked for confirmation that the Nav disc would be present when I picked the car up, I was assured it would be. When I picked the car up the Nav was not working. I had to check this, it was not pointed out to me (because he knew!)

I asked why the Nav was not working to be told he (the BMW all knowledgeable salesman could not get the Nav to work with the disc. To be fair he did have the disc in his hand and showed me how it was not working.

It was at this point I knew my problems were only beginning....

wait for it

I educated him that it may work, if he put the disc in the Nav box in the boot rather than the single CD music slot in the dash.

It was truly pathetic and demonstrated his complete lack of knowledge of even the basics. This my learned net colleagues is an example of the finest that Big Motoring World (Complaint) Wrotham Kent offer.

I now hand over to the defence for a response (but will not hold my breath )
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 03:12 AM   #794
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daeths View Post
I educated him that it may work, if he put the disc in the Nav box in the boot rather than the single CD music slot in the dash.

BwaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaHAHAHAhaha

JESUS CHRIST!

Name and shame?
      02-03-2011, 06:23 AM   #795
bigbmw
Private
Rep
Drives: many

Quote:
I love this site. I only came across it by chance and felt compelled to share my horrific experience dealing with Big Motoring World in Wrotham, Kent. To recap , I bought my wife an X3 with full service history and a years MOT.

After many months of waiting for the service book and doing my own checks I confronted the 'manager' (I have to use that term very loosely and those that have met him will understand well) and it was acknowledged the car never had a full service history. The car also wasn't MOT'd for a year.

In fact the only thing they had done was to wash it, put tyre black on and knock it out as a flasely advertised vehicle.

During my relationship with them over the service book, we became quite 'intimate' (assuming you are into those abusive and argumentative relationships).

In short, do not spend your money with these guys, the cars are not what they seem, many have cheap after market replica alloys or 'alloy upgrades' and they know nothing about the marque they are attempting to sell. These accusations are useless without hard facts, so here goes:

I asked for confirmation that the Nav disc would be present when I picked the car up, I was assured it would be. When I picked the car up the Nav was not working. I had to check this, it was not pointed out to me (because he knew!)

I asked why the Nav was not working to be told he (the BMW all knowledgeable salesman could not get the Nav to work with the disc. To be fair he did have the disc in his hand and showed me how it was not working.

It was at this point I knew my problems were only beginning....

wait for it

It was truly pathetic and demonstrated his complete lack of knowledge of even the basics. This my learned net colleagues is an example of the finest that Big Motoring World (Complaint) Wrotham Kent offer.

I now hand over to the defence for a response (but will not hold my breath )
Many of our cars are purchased from leasing companies either directly or through auctions. Each car will have a specification and service report. When we purchase a vehicle the spec report is given to our marketing dept to put on the website. In some cases when the vehicle is delivered to us the lease company or auction house has not put the service history with the documentation and we then have to chase this up which can sometimes take weeks.

With regard to the sat nav disc, on many models the sat nav disc is put into the dashboard so it is not that unusual for a new salesman to the BMW brand not to know where the disc goes.

We have taken on a very experienced manager to head up the handover team to try and alleviate these problems. His name is Graham Hutchinson and customers can contact him directly on 01732 223915. thanks for your time
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 06:27 AM   #796
bigbmw
Private
Rep
Drives: many

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenon View Post
You're a bunch of cynical bastards.

It's entirely plausible, even likely, that someone who has never posted on this forum in his life is so impressed with the service they received from Big Motoring World that they scour the internet for any perceived slight at the company so as they may address it with their genuine experience.

It's entirely in keeping with such action that they then tone their post down a little, mentioning the bad points too, to lend their missive an element of credibility it might otherwise lack.

You people, really.
is no one allowed to say we are good then you checked it didnt come from us hey now be a man and say sorry
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 06:30 AM   #797
xenon
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 2021 G21 330i M-Sport

Are you talking to me? I don't really understand your gibberish but I don't know what you want me to apologise for. "You checked it didn't come from us".... Who did, me? How can I do that? I'm not an administrator on this forum?
Previous: 2018 A6 Avant S-Line MMI+, 2014 F31 320d M-Sport, 2013 F10 520d M-Sport, 2011 F10 530d M-Sport, 2008 320i M-Sport Coupe, 2002 325i, 2001 318i valvetronic, 1998 318i, 1996 525i, 1990 Porsche 944S2
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 07:05 AM   #798
Dr Dave
Zummerzet Zyder Drinker!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '06 330D Le Mans Blue

Garage List
Utterly brilliant thread, more entertaining than watching Eastenders!!
      02-03-2011, 07:33 AM   #799
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Dave View Post
Utterly brilliant thread, more entertaining than watching Eastenders!!
Eastenders is shit though mate!
      02-03-2011, 01:02 PM   #800
225_AB
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 330D  [0.00]
Bigsey didn't you commit an offense in the case above where you advertised the car with a full service history when it didn't have one? If you didn't know if it had fsh why not say unknown? Presumably because the truth would make it harder to sell. In the same vein why say it has a years mot if it doesn't surely another offence?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 03:53 PM   #801
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbmw View Post
Many of our cars are purchased from leasing companies either directly or through auctions. Each car will have a specification and service report. When we purchase a vehicle the spec report is given to our marketing dept to put on the website. In some cases when the vehicle is delivered to us the lease company or auction house has not put the service history with the documentation and we then have to chase this up which can sometimes take weeks.

With regard to the sat nav disc, on many models the sat nav disc is put into the dashboard so it is not that unusual for a new salesman to the BMW brand not to know where the disc goes.

We have taken on a very experienced manager to head up the handover team to try and alleviate these problems. His name is Graham Hutchinson and customers can contact him directly on 01732 223915. thanks for your time
Bigsy.....

Good post. I have to say. Have you changed person? Because that was actually well put together and punctuated. And professionally written.

What is the world coming to
      02-03-2011, 03:54 PM   #802
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
is no one allowed to say we are good then you checked it didnt come from us hey now be a man and say sorry

Damnit. And then you went and threw it all away.
      02-04-2011, 11:17 AM   #803
Daeths
Rep

Quote:

You are welcome to my time buddy ! There are several flaws in your response which I will address on a point by point basis for you.

1. The car was advertised with a full service history, which was confirmed by you when I agreed to buy the car (yeah....I know now ). When the car was to be picked up, I was told you had not received the service book but it would be forwarded shortly. All this is fair and reasonable and I assume working on the knowledge provided by the auction house/lease company. I have no issue with this.

Where the issue arises is when I chased weekly for 3 months (repeat three months) for the book, to be continually fobbed off by the big guy (since demoted reading your response above) that hands over the cars who eventually said if it can't be found you would get a new blank book and you would contact BMW and send it to them to stamp up...so problem 1 is the very poor after care sales and zero diary management. Not once was I contacted or updated in three months, it was me doing all the chasing.

It almost felt as if once you had taken my money, you did not care anymore ?

2. When I did receive the service book I rang the garages that stamped the book, all of whom confirmed they had never serviced the car and on checking the BMW central computer system that this vehicle had never been serviced by a main delaer.

When I raised this with you, I was informed that a simple error had occured and you had given me the service book for an identical black X3 to the one I purchased with one digit different on the reg number...now what are the chances of that ?

I know you are the biggest in the UK but you having two identical black X3's with one digit difference in the reg no. Must be 1 in a 1,000,000. I must be the unluckiest guy on earth

3. Having again been promised by your company delivery the service book showing all the service stamps for the car that I acutally bought and having chased you for another 4 weeks, your company EVENTUALLY admitted that the vehicle never had a full service history and you could not provide a service book...honesty, trust and integrity are all phrases that spring to mind

4. The car was promised with a full years MOT from date of purchase. This was not done...can you share with the broader audience the reason behind this (aside from you are busy because you sell so many cars)

5. The salesmans ignorance as to where the Nav CD is inserted. Your response was that he was a new salesman. From this, I can only assume he received little or no training regarding the vehicles he is selling. I didnt even own an X3 before this, but I knew where it was...it's not rocket science buddy.

Appreciating that some BMWs may have the Nav disc loaded in the dash, however can you tell me how many X3's have a dash loaded Nav disc (I genuinely don't know and wish to learn).

6. The failed rear washwipe jet from when I picked the vehicle up. Clearly the vehicle was not checked pre-sale. When you had it in to rectify I sat watching your guy fiddle with the tailgate hoses and jets for 90 minutes, he gave up saying he did not know what was wrong with it.

I post my question on a BMW forum (not this one, sorry guys) to be told it's a common and recognised fault for the washer pipe to split on the rear transmission hump. Have a guess where the fault was ??

So it is now established that your BMW trained engineer is not aware of known and recorded faults...how comforting

I do look forward to receiving your factual, non threatening and constructive response(s) to these question and thanks for helping keep Big Motoring World, Wrotham, Kent (and of course this thread) high on the Google search engine.

To ensure you do address each and every complaint, can you please respond on a clear Q and A basis in the above chronology. This will avoid you being accused of not answering all of the questions (I am trying to help you...)

Also in the spirit of helping you, you may wish to amend your website promoting the fact you have an experienced Graham Hutchinson heading your handover team, as this (hopefully) positive step doesn't seem to be noted on the worldwide web.

I only log on occassionally and then it is only to read this thread (it is compulsive as you and your fellow posters/work colleagues have clearly experienced), so don't get upset or assumptive if I do not reply to your response immediately. You'll just have to trust me when I say that I will reply.

With kind regards
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2011, 12:18 PM   #804
F31-340i
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i Touring

Quote:
You are welcome to my time buddy ! There are several flaws in your response which I will address on a point by point basis for you.

1. The car was advertised with a full service history, which was confirmed by you when I agreed to buy the car (yeah....I know now ). When the car was to be picked up, I was told you had not received the service book but it would be forwarded shortly. All this is fair and reasonable and I assume working on the knowledge provided by the auction house/lease company. I have no issue with this.

Where the issue arises is when I chased weekly for 3 months (repeat three months) for the book, to be continually fobbed off by the big guy (since demoted reading your response above) that hands over the cars who eventually said if it can't be found you would get a new blank book and you would contact BMW and send it to them to stamp up...so problem 1 is the very poor after care sales and zero diary management. Not once was I contacted or updated in three months, it was me doing all the chasing.

2. When I did receive the service book I rang the garages that stamped the book, all of whom confirmed they had never serviced the car and on checking the BMW central computer system that this vehicle had never been serviced by a main delaer.

When I raised this with you, I was informed that a simple error had occured and you had given me the service book for an identical black X3 to the one I purchased with one digit different on the reg number...now what are the chances of that ?

I know you are the biggest in the UK but you having two identical black X3's with one digit difference in the reg no. Must be 1 in a 1,000,000. I must be the unluckiest guy on earth

3. Having again been promised by your company delivery the service book showing all the service stamps for the car that I acutally bought and having chased you for another 4 weeks, your company EVENTUALLY admitted that the vehicle never had a full service history and you could not provide a service book...honesty, trust and integrity are all phrases that spring to mind

4. The car was promised with a full years MOT from date of purchase. This was not done...can you share with the broader audience the reason behind this (aside from you are busy because you sell so many cars)

5. The salesmans ignorance as to where the Nav CD is inserted. Your response was that he was a new salesman. From this, I can only assume he received little or no training regarding the vehicles he is selling. I didnt even own an X3 before this, but I knew where it was...it's not rocket science buddy.

Appreciating that some BMWs may have the Nav disc loaded in the dash, however can you tell me how many X3's have a dash loaded Nav disc (I genuinely don't know and wish to learn).

6. The failed rear washwipe jet from when I picked the vehicle up. Clearly the vehicle was not checked pre-sale. When you had it in to rectify I sat watching your guy fiddle with the tailgate hoses and jets for 90 minutes, he gave up saying he did not know what was wrong with it.

I post my question on a BMW forum (not this one, sorry guys) to be told it's a common and recognised fault for the washer pipe to split on the rear transmission hump. Have a guess where the fault was ??

So it is now established that your BMW trained engineer is not aware of known and recorded faults...how comforting

I do look forward to receiving your factual, non threatening and constructive response(s) to these question and thanks for helping keep Big Motoring World, Wrotham, Kent (and of course this thread) high on the Google search engine.

To ensure you do address each and every complaint, can you please respond on a clear Q and A basis in the above chronology. This will avoid you being accused of not answering all of the questions (I am trying to help you...)

Also in the spirit of helping you, you may wish to amend your website promoting the fact you have an experienced Graham Hutchinson heading your handover team, as this (hopefully) positive step doesn't seem to be noted on the worldwide web.

I only log on occassionally and then it is only to read this thread (it is compulsive as you and your fellow posters/work colleagues have clearly experienced), so don't get upset or assumptive if I do not reply to your response immediately. You'll just have to trust me when I say that I will reply.

With kind regards
Can I have a try on bigsies behalf? The below is obviously all fictional, and probably not representative of BigMotoringWorld business practice

"We actually take in loads of low spec ex rental & lease cars that are usually serviced outside the main dealer network on the cheapest possible basis.

Most customers don't actually check the service history properly however, so most of the time we get away with saying "full service history", and just fob them off with a folder full of official looking stuff.

Our training programme (see 5. below) actually focusses on ensuring we tell the customer what he wants to hear irrespective of the truth. This helps sales."

"When a customer does push us to provide service histories, we have a series of fake dealer stamps we got made in china/off ebay that we use to stamp empty service books. This ploy has a 96% success rate as at this stage, our customers hardly ever check the details. Well done for catching us out. Cars without service history sometimes put buyers off, so its good for our sales to ensure our cars "have" service history."

"We're relieved you haven't sued us or reported us to trading standards. As you can see there is not really a downside to stop us being misleading about our service histories."

"As soon as you leave the forecourt, we couldn't give a toss. Surely that's pretty clear now?" Did I mention we sell loads of cars?

"We're supposed to specialise it BMWs. Nearly all BMWs had the Nav CD in the boot for years & years - only the lastest models have them in the dash. Our training tends to focus on "how to intimidate customers into sorting out finance and refusing a test drive until they've signed on the dotted line", rather than the product."

"See 5."

Last edited by F31-340i; 02-04-2011 at 12:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2011, 12:35 PM   #805
G33
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Big Motoring Wankers go from strength to strength

Anybody reported these cowboys to trading standards yet or Watchdog? Is that possible? Would love them to pose as prospective buyers
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2011, 12:51 PM   #806
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
Attached Images

02-04-2011, 01:34 PM   #807
F31-340i
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by willhollin View Post
LOL - look like he's just read this thread...
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2011, 05:04 PM   #808
Daeths
Rep

ajd, thx for the reply. I wonder how close to the truth some of your comments were

To be fair to Aaron , let's give him time to respond. I am genuinely interested to read his point by point responses. After all, I may have been unreasonable in my expectations to receive a car as advertised and I am quite willing to be corrected.

Aaron, if you read this before responding to my earlier post, may I suggest an alternative approach. You clearly have not made too many friends during your responses in this thread and as a consequence of your and your staffs numerous attempts to mislead readers that you were genuine Big Motoring World, Wrotham, Kent customers you are going to struggle to convert anyone into believing anything you say.

I was brought up on the basis that everyone deserves a second chance (accepting this is the 7th or 8th for you guys), so here is my recommendation:

Request your new highly experienced Handover Manager to pick up the mantle on this one, instruct him to be honest and direct and I genuinely believe you can still turn this around.

Your new guy has no history in the matter and quite frankly sounds like the shining knight your business needs. Consequently, he deserves to be given the chance by the guys on here (not speaking on behalf of any of the guys on this forum, but sharing a personal view). Just my opinion and you are clearly free to address in any way you choose.

I do look forward to reading a reply covering all the areas I raised though.

have a good weekend and hope trading improves

Last edited by Daeths; 02-04-2011 at 05:05 PM.. Reason: original was disgustingly nice
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 04:42 PM   #809
jacob stone
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d M sport coupe

I do find this site magic it made excellent reading, i have to admit i visited big motoring world during this week and yes there are lots of bmws there and the car i was interested was indeed there but the staff are completely useless!!
i was approached by a "salesman" who looked liked he had just came out of jail and looked like a football thug and spoke like a prize plonker!
i was then refused a test drive by another salesman unless i put a deposit down, but i wanted the test drive too see if i liked the car before buying, don't want to buy a car with problems etc, and to see if that was infact the car for me thought it was try before you buy guys????
i actually would of brought the car it was in good nick and price was right, but the lack of customer care lost my sale no test drive, rude arrogant staff and lack of good salesmanship and gave me some story when i mentioned a M.O.T
there's only THREE things about that company that are good
1, there are lots of bmws good choice BUT the sales team lets them down on a huge scale not a bit of me,
2, the little brunette sort that was there gorgeous! which i was later informed of her being being the big bosses wife now that id go back for a second look at thats a fine bit of tuned engine!
3, the way out
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 09:23 AM   #810
Daeths
Rep

bump....response ?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 03:34 PM   #811
rockmount01
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d Sport

Just found this website. I bought a car back in 2006 from B.M.W.

I rocked up in my jeans, trainers, t-shirt. I was given no time what so ever.
I carried on looking around and saw the car I ended up buying. They let me take a test drive once they worked out my wife was with me. Car was good and what I wanted and money was right.....
The car had full HP check - which they 'lost' because all their cars are checked.... 1st warning sign....
Stupidly I never checked this up. Never again....
Turns out that my reg number wasn’t recognised when I went to insure it. 4 years later that it was an import - something I asked about at the time but was never told about. So it cost me on selling it on......

I find the owner embarrassing. I am embarrassed for him. The way, in front of customers, he shouts, swears and shows total disregard to any positive feelings you should feel when buying a car, be it second hand or whatever. I stood outside and could still hear him shouting at one of his salesman - who when he spoke to me outside, also commented he was a cock.... No shit Sherlock!!

The one positive thing I have to say about Big MW is that the chap who works in, or did maybe (I've moved on from London), the service area. He was polite, did his best to get my car sorted when I had problems and seemed to care about what he was doing... Chunky lad....

I called Biggy to find out about the fact that my car was an import, and was told I would have been told at the time - yea mate, that's why I called you!! Once they have ya cash you're gone!!!

Last edited by rockmount01; 02-11-2011 at 03:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2011, 11:17 AM   #812
Sir_Pigley
Captain
Rep
Drives: 640d GC / 420i XDrive

Garage List
http://big-motoring-world.pissedcons...201209488.html

And this sort of behaviour only about 4 weeks ago. What kind of people are they?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2011, 11:35 AM   #813
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcampbell View Post
http://big-motoring-world.pissedcons...201209488.html

And this sort of behaviour only about 4 weeks ago. What kind of people are they?
C****?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2011, 06:18 AM   #814
Daeths
Rep

Seems strange that Big Motoring World have suffered so many complaints and then you on here to reject them all without any evidence and in fact make up satisfied customers by requesting your staff to pose posing as these customers

YET, when I provide specific and tangible examples, enabling you to address the points one by one...there is radio silence.

I was hoping to receive a response, but maybe it was my naivity or simply false faith in human nature. I can now only assume, however, that it is becuase I have you bang to rights and there is in fact no excuse.

Ho hum, you cannot complain either on this forum or to your staff about this thread, especially when you have been given the opportunity to respond.

Hope business picks up for you
Appreciate 0