E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > BMW of Sterling - SUCKS!

07-03-2012, 02:28 PM   #1
deezofchuck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: OVER SLOW LEFT LANE DRIVERS!

BMW of Sterling - SUCKS!

<RANT>

So I hardly like to take my car into the dealership for anything if I can help it. When I bought my car from the original owner - they had it serviced at the BMW of Sterling.

I have been working on my car and under the hood I can tell they gave a SHIT less about the vehicle. This strengthens my argument that most technicians - even at a luxury dealership - don't give a flying S about our cars.

Here is a list of things I have found so far:

1) The engine cover has a missing bolt - it is located in the spot that is a PITA to get to - so no surprise there - he prob just said fuck it i'm not going put it back in.

2) The cabin filter tray has plastic screws and they are all over tightened and most of them are broken.

3) The oil filter cap has been WAY over torqued - the blue line does not match up - not even close - I would say almost 1/8 turn too much! I can't get the thing off! I am afraid to see how over torqued the oil bolt is!

The list is definitely growing as I work on my car. I know for a fact the previous owner didn't try any of these things on their own - and looked like a bunch of rich people who don't know shit about cars and just take them into the dealership when under warrenty.

DON'T GO TO STERLING BMW - unless you don't care about how they treat your car

</RANT>

Have a great 4th everyone!
      07-03-2012, 02:51 PM   #2
Mflip335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Hah they screwed the heck out of me this past week.

I took my car to have the low pressure fuel sensor replaced on 6/18. It took them about a week to do it because they were so called, "backed up". Didn't get a chance to pick it up till the Friday of that week. My service adviser forgot to ask whether I wanted my car to be washed the day I dropped off the car so I didn't think much of it till the day it was ready. Left a message on Ted's voicemail thursday night to let him know I didn't want the car to be washed. Found out it was too late and they had already washed it (they do a horrible job btw because I have swirl marks on my freshly painted bumper).

When I got home I realized my entire right headlight had condensation in it. I called Ted ASAP. He told me it should be covered under my cpo/extended warranty...I don't know how the idiots got water inside my headlight but they somehow managed to. Took it in the following Monday..found out it was not covered under warranty and that I'd have to pay $2900..it blew a module and the headlight had to be replaced..Ted said he would do a "good will" thing so I'd only have to pay half..still upset the fact that it was there fault for washing without my permission. Oh yea and the moment I brought the car in..I specifically said to NOT WASH THE CAR...guess what? they did. Ted tried to give me an excuse saying..oh he probably had his finger prints on it. I dont give a crap..do not wash my car if I tell you not to...more swirl marks came a long on top of the 1400 I had to pay for my headlight!
      07-03-2012, 02:57 PM   #3
deezofchuck
Lieutenant
Rep

wow sorry dude - that is def worse than my story - you win lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mflip335 View Post
Hah they screwed the heck out of me this past week.

I took my car to have the low pressure fuel sensor replaced on 6/18. It took them about a week to do it because they were so called, "backed up". Didn't get a chance to pick it up till the Friday of that week. My service adviser forgot to ask whether I wanted my car to be washed the day I dropped off the car so I didn't think much of it till the day it was ready. Left a message on Ted's voicemail thursday night to let him know I didn't want the car to be washed. Found out it was too late and they had already washed it (they do a horrible job btw because I have swirl marks on my freshly painted bumper).

When I got home I realized my entire right headlight had condensation in it. I called Ted ASAP. He told me it should be covered under my cpo/extended warranty...I don't know how the idiots got water inside my headlight but they somehow managed to. Took it in the following Monday..found out it was not covered under warranty and that I'd have to pay $2900..it blew a module and the headlight had to be replaced..Ted said he would do a "good will" thing so I'd only have to pay half..still upset the fact that it was there fault for washing without my permission. Oh yea and the moment I brought the car in..I specifically said to NOT WASH THE CAR...guess what? they did. Ted tried to give me an excuse saying..oh he probably had his finger prints on it. I dont give a crap..do not wash my car if I tell you not to...more swirl marks came a long on top of the 1400 I had to pay for my headlight!
      07-03-2012, 03:24 PM   #4
bigdaddycane
I even mod my cereal
Rep
Drives: 11 ZCP DCT M3 14 328d 21 GT4

Garage List
deez,

Take it back and show them the bolt and cabin air filter housing issues....make them pay for it! Also bring up the over tightening of the oil filter housing.

If they aren't made aware of this, they can't fix it or make sure it does not happen again.

I've never had a problem there, but if I had what happened to you I'd be back there tearing someone a new A.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2012, 03:40 PM   #5
deezofchuck
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddycane View Post
deez,

Take it back and show them the bolt and cabin air filter housing issues....make them pay for it! Also bring up the over tightening of the oil filter housing.

If they aren't made aware of this, they can't fix it or make sure it does not happen again.

I've never had a problem there, but if I had what happened to you I'd be back there tearing someone a new A.
that's good idea - but since I wasn't even the owner when it all happened I feel like they won't take responsibility for it. Also - they will prob say, "since you found it like this - you obviously work on your car - so you prob are trying to blame us" type of deal
      07-03-2012, 06:53 PM   #6
Royal Flush
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Do you know the name of the person that worked on your car?
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 11:53 AM   #7
bigdaddycane
I even mod my cereal
Rep
Drives: 11 ZCP DCT M3 14 328d 21 GT4

Garage List
Quote:
but since I wasn't even the owner when it all happened
You're SOL. I thought you brought it in and this happened.

My CPO's E90 had issues with the engine tray and filter housing much like yours....I found it after buying the car when I went to work on it.

Not much you can do. I bought a new engine tray and filter housing from a local member that works at a body shop. Got his cost....made it worth while.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 12:48 PM   #8
the2rz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Honestly I can't stand taking my car to the dealer. BMW of Sterling was where I purchased my car and I hate going back.

I've got 37K miles and started going to VA Tire & Auto in Centreville (they have multiple locations though). John is the owner and Darren is a BMW genious!. Trust me you won't be dissapointed. We take our SL55, e350 and Landcruiser there as well.

Manny
Appreciate 0