E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Chicagoland Dyno

02-27-2018, 02:13 PM   #1
Cloud9blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: around the potholes

Chicagoland Dyno

Any recommendation for dyno in greater Chicagoland?

Need to get my new EFR setup remote tuned next month with the guys at Motiv.

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2018, 07:16 AM   #2
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy!

Sound Performance on Foster and York Rd is the closest good tuning shop I know.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2018, 09:01 AM   #3
mojobmw_e90
Major
Rep
Drives: 2014 E63S

Performance solutions in Schumburg can help u. They work and have worked with motiv for awhile now
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2018, 10:53 PM   #4
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep

Just recently I had a friend that had to pick up his car partially disassembled from there. They took it apart and left it like that for weeks on. I guess they fall into the same routine of the former A-Spec that use to be there.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2018, 06:17 AM   #5
Cloud9blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: around the potholes

Quote:
Originally Posted by feuer View Post
Just recently I had a friend that had to pick up his car partially disassembled from there. They took it apart and left it like that for weeks on. I guess they fall into the same routine of the former A-Spec that use to be there.
I see. Thanks for the heads up.

They weren't very responsive to my inquiry too...
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2018, 11:54 PM   #6
Midwest_Xi
Private
Rep
Drives: 335xi

+ 1 for Performance Solutions.

I know Dave, giveemthedd on here, works with and coordinates all the motiv & Performance Solutions Dyno stuff.

Shoot me a PM & I can give you his email
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2018, 09:26 AM   #7
Ryan @ PS
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2005 X5 4.8is

Quote:
Sorry to get off topic here, but do you have any more information on this situation? We have extremely high customer satisfaction and have never had a job leave unfinished, unless it was a result of customer budget, etc. and even then everything would be noted and signed off on their invoice.

Feel free to PM me if that's easier, but I'd rather clear the air publicly here since this was brought about in a public manner.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2018, 10:27 AM   #8
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan @ PS View Post
Sorry to get off topic here, but do you have any more information on this situation? We have extremely high customer satisfaction and have never had a job leave unfinished, unless it was a result of customer budget, etc. and even then everything would be noted and signed off on their invoice.

Feel free to PM me if that's easier, but I'd rather clear the air publicly here since this was brought about in a public manner.

Thanks
It was in for IC install. Parts were not ordered for week or two although parts are easily available online and most tuner shops carry them in stock.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2018, 07:35 PM   #9
Ryan @ PS
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2005 X5 4.8is

Quote:
It was in for IC install. Parts were not ordered for week or two although parts are easily available online and most tuner shops carry them in stock.
Considering the high level builds we do on a weekly basis, this sounds like someone showed up with a bunch of generic/incorrect items and wanted them installed in a way that we don’t consider acceptable quality-wise.

If it’s the car I think I remember (E60 535i, over a year ago), we do apologize but “rigging” up an intercooler setup with zip ties is not what we deem acceptable. In a case like that, yes, we would turn the work away.

We support some extremely high horsepower street and track cars; with that comes a mandatory level of quality commitment to retain a reliable build. We refuse to put our name and reputation on the line simply because the customer doesn’t want to do it correctly.
Appreciate 0