E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest > Denver Area: Bottom Grill, boot, knob, angel lights, & fog lights

08-15-2010, 09:19 PM   #1
original786
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Denver Area: Bottom Grill, boot, knob, angel lights, & fog lights

Any member on here can help me or know how to take out the bottom grill without taking the from bumper out,

I want to get it painted Black! let me know

I searched and could'nt find it?

Also need help installing angel lights,knob,boot, & fog lights?

Willing to pay a little $$ to help me out with them some times next week from wednesday to saturday?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2010, 01:15 PM   #2
Dackz
Hates Speed Limits
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Its all really easy, there are DIY's in that forum for most of that stuff.

For painting the front grill, I just used blue painters tape to tape off all around the paint and then used a rustoleum spray paint that works on plastic (flat black) and sprayed it into a little plastic paint tray and then used a small foam brush and artist brushes and brushed it on. It looks good although its chipping a tad, looks like something I will have to do every 6 months or so. Just make sure the grill is good and clean before you do it and thats all there is to it really.

Other then that, if you have to take them out, I would just get the 328's grills and put them in, they are already black and wont chip like painted ones will.

Also, AE's are very simple to do, especially if you get GP thunder H8's. Those are super simple. I have LUX h8's which are brighter and whiter and LED and those were a PITA to get in, but basically simple once you got one in.

Boot and knob I didnt do, but its simple, you just get a flat head screw driver with something on the side that touches your trim to not scratch the trim then just pry up the couple snaps that hold it in, then just straddle the 6spd knob and PULL. Just be careful about smacking yourself in the face when it suddenly unleashes from its grasp.

Fog lights, no clue, head to the DIY section for that......LOL
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2010, 02:46 PM   #3
raceyBMW
king of the hills
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 w/ESS55, 2001 540i/6

Garage List
2001 BMW 540i/6  [8.17]
1994 530i  [9.00]
2007 335i Coupe  [8.37]
BTW, if you get the 328 grilles, and you have an oil cooler you will have to cut out the individual holes on the grille because the 328 grilles are solid where the oil cooler duct is. I replaced mine with the 328 grilles, but it is a big pain in the ass to cut out all those stupid holes. I didn't have an oil cooler at first so it didn't matter, but when I had one retrofitted I had to go back and cut out the holes. I also removed the bumper to do this work...its pretty easy to do, just time consuming because of the amount of screws that need to be removed to get the thing off.
Appreciate 0