E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Any experience with MN Minetonka BMW?

11-24-2014, 01:19 PM   #1
EnjoyDriving
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive Coupe

Any experience with MN Minetonka BMW?

I am about to bring my car in for oil service and vano recall fix, plus a couple minor things.

For these services, do I need to take off my JB4? If I don't, I am afraid that they would deny or put it on my record, and it will affect my 3rd extended warranty down in the road.

Anyone has such experience with them? How tolerant are they?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2014, 01:26 AM   #2
willie55912
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M850xi gran coupe

Service dept is pretty good there. but, read on. I do not mod my BMW except for the performance exhaust and aftermarket rims. I have a friend in Chicago that done some mods and nothing was said after he done some mods..., so he thought he was ok.....later he had problems with the wastegates and was denied warranty replacement as it was noted on one service call, the car was observed to have engine management modifications done at an earlier service call. Kind of sneeky....but you are stuck in a bad situtation. Best to remove, then ask about mods during your visit and get their opinion. They will probably tell you they only recommend the Dinan mod as it will be covered under Dinan's warranty.

Keep in mind that BMW NA is pretty picky about warranty work.....I have read some were even denied warranty work if the car has been over-revved on this forum.... I would have come unglued if it was my car...where are the rev limiters??....do they exist on this engine from the factory....??
Appreciate 0