E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > SLS

03-05-2013, 05:14 AM   #133
peterg1965
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d M Sport, F15 X5 40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA View Post
Music for the yoots and ting!
I see I guess I dont need a B&O sound system to listen to Radio 4 then?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #134
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
I think the offer of a meal involves a spit roast with Tony and Palmnuts Dave.

I can't see you turning that down.
      03-05-2013, 04:35 PM   #135
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by willhollin View Post
I think the offer of a meal involves a spit roast with Tony and Palmnuts Dave.

I can't see you turning that down.
Something like this then?

03-06-2013, 02:52 AM   #136
Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 LMX, BMW M550i xDrive

Garage List
2009 335i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmnuts View Post
OK, so the audio system in my car still probably won't whet the appetite of a proper audiophile because, when Lee was demonstrating his work to me and I was jumping up and down with excitement that he'd made it sound awesome, he was less than impressed. Whilst he was happy that he'd eradicated the distortion, he still wasn't impressed with the overall sound and just wanted to rip out the whole system and start again
Great to see it all worked out so well in the end and that you now can enjoy your audio system as you should.

Now, just put some sensible music in there. You know, like the new Rachmaninov CD with Lugansky or the Brahms concertos with Freire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmnuts View Post
So, surprise number two of the day was that they will fit the new software to my car Also, they would do this for little more than the cost of an aftermarket remap so, price-wise, it's extremely reasonable. All I have to do is take the car to them as a dealer could not do this (it requires a new ECU and updating of Mercedes systems to ensure that it forms part of the official specification of the car for future updates). This will not be a problem and I just need to get it booked in

Of course, whilst the car is there it'd be rude not to have my door kick-plates in leather/carbon fibre which will match my centre console nicely or the new design of (AMG-embossed) gear lever. All of the above is absolutely mandatory and I'm now planning when I can take it over there
If you're going to Stuttgart, I'd be very pleased to offer you a stay-over in Luxembourg. Let me know!

Alpina_B3_Lux
      05-24-2013, 04:34 PM   #137
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Huracan Evo & M8 GC

Well, now it's gone chaps, heres the very few photo's I took of it.

First lot are whilst washing it on one of the few weekend where we had nice weather (during the time I owned it).

I like these pictures as somehow, I think it looks better covered in suds (no you bunch of freaks, not in that way....I leave all that to Will!). It rained shortly after, hence the lack of 'after' photo's....

The second lot are from the day I sold it, when I thought I'd get a few last minute photo's despite it being filthy. The previous day I'd just had a great drive from Stuttgart and all the way marvelling at how well it drove.

I'd decided to stay at my great aunt / uncles house as they live in Kent....which was convenient as traffic across Europe was atrocious, resulting in it taking me 10 hours to do Stuttgart to Calais. I didn't fancy another 3 hour drive up to where I live at midnight! The autobahns were just taking the piss out of me that day....they'd be flowing OK in the restricted sections then, drive through a derestricted sign and bam, gridlock almost immediately! Time after time after time

Anyway, my family had never seen the SLS and were coo'ing over it like they'd never seen a car before (to be fair, they're nearly 90 so probably hadn't seen anything like it in their life....it blew them away when I opened the doors ).

All this made me feel just 'great', as you can imagine

I then spent the next 2-3 hours driving from Kent to Oxford where I was picking the M6 up from, and through the entire journey going through do I / don't I in my head.....

.....and the story continues in the new thread coming shortly.

And thats it....onwards and downwards to another new era

Last edited by Palmnuts; 05-24-2013 at 04:44 PM..
Appreciate 0