E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > HELP: I Need PINK Roundels

05-31-2008, 10:13 PM   #23
ganeil
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPaulBaiLeyx View Post
Well its a good thing i didn't ask for your opinion.
If i wanted that, the thread would have read: What would you think about Pink roundels?
not: I Need pink roundels - Anyone know where to purchase?

So thanks for your unecessary opinion but next time. . . keep it to yourself unless it's asked for.
Thank you.

Same goes to you TiAg335i.

I don't see what the huge problem with this is.
I've seen just about every other color. . .
I don't recall asking if you wanted my opinion. I gave it to you none the less. If you don't want opinions, don't post on a public board.

The idea of pink roundels is more than disturbing, it is juvenile and tacky.

If you and your girlfriend want to put them on her car, fine do it. I and many others will just laugh at you and roll our eyes.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2008, 10:24 PM   #24
Houman21
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nothin right now

It amazes that when someone wants something like pink roundels everyone freaks out - but it seems that we can discuss e92 coupe looks vs e92 m3 looks and remain civil.

JLevis got the roundels go get them and enjoy them ;-) It's your car and do with it what you like.
      05-31-2008, 10:24 PM   #25
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

Dude, it's his freaking girl friends car......STFU and let her do what she wants. All BMW gives a fuck about is the money she paid for it anyways. Trust me....BMW wont give a damn.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2008, 10:26 PM   #26
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

If I saw pink roundels on a BMW, I'd just say "cool, at least this girl's into her a car a bit."

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2008, 10:35 PM   #27
ganeil
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
Dude, it's his freaking girl friends car......STFU and let her do what she wants. All BMW gives a fuck about is the money she paid for it anyways. Trust me....BMW wont give a damn.
Dude, I don't recall mentioning what BMW might think. But now that I think about it, I'm sure they are not thrilled with people debasing their brand by ghettoing out their cars. I would guess their target demographic isn't drawn to a brand that has such examples driving around.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2008, 10:48 PM   #28
bluespeed117
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Garage List
2007 e90 328i  [0.00]
sadly, almost none of the posts made were to help the OP. Gj at being helpful guys.

For the op, Im not sure they make actual roundels that are pink. I know they have CF but not pink. Best thing and probably the only solution is the Overlay =\
      05-31-2008, 10:49 PM   #29
PaulBailey@ltbmw
General
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2-325 330 2-335 2-Z4 2-135 X5d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
I don't recall asking if you wanted my opinion. I gave it to you none the less. If you don't want opinions, don't post on a public board.

The idea of pink roundels is more than disturbing, it is juvenile and tacky.

If you and your girlfriend want to put them on her car, fine do it. I and many others will just laugh at you and roll our eyes.
Look, just because you're bitter that you Fu(ked up and got married and your boring wife, whom probably drives a mini van, Don't hate on this girls car
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2008, 10:51 PM   #30
PaulBailey@ltbmw
General
Italy
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houman21 View Post
It amazes that when someone wants something like pink roundels everyone freaks out - but it seems that we can discuss e92 coupe looks vs e92 m3 looks and remain civil.

JLevis got the roundels go get them and enjoy them ;-) It's your car and do with it what you like.
Thank you!
So true. . .
This guy is acting like its his car that she's doing it to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
If I saw pink roundels on a BMW, I'd just say "cool, at least this girl's into her a car a bit."
And thank you.
yeah for sure you would probably think this is a pretty decent car for a girl to be driving.
Black on Black E90 with blacklines, 19" wheels, Tint, matte black grilles and hopefully this pink roundels.
I would definitely be impressed.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2008, 10:53 PM   #31
PaulBailey@ltbmw
General
Italy
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluespeed117 View Post
sadly, almost none of the posts made were to help the OP. Gj at being helpful guys.

For the op, Im not sure they make actual roundels that are pink. I know they have CF but not pink. Best thing and probably the only solution is the Overlay =\
Yeah. . . But pretty much everyone was cool about this and supporting minus ganeil. . . Who is obviously bitter about something
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2008, 10:55 PM   #32
ganeil
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPaulBaiLeyx View Post
Look, just because you're bitter that you Fu(ked up and got married and your boring wife, whom probably drives a mini van, Don't hate on this girls car
No minivan, but an SUV. I don't hate your girlfriend's car just the idea of defacing it with pink roundels. Just grow up, accept that the idea is tacky, and move on.

FWIW, you should get on your knees and pray that the woman you end up with looks like mine does.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2008, 11:05 PM   #33
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Look, bottom line......some wont care about this idea, and others will. I personally think it's fine because it's for a girl and it'll signify that it's a girls car in a subtle way.

The op needed some help on finding out where those roundels/over lays could be found, and he found them. So this thread is now pointless and needs to be ended. It does not need to turn into an opinion battle, and especially since arguing over such minuscule opinions is utterly retarded.

So give it a rest, let the OP's g/f do as she pleases, and stop posting in this thread. It's over.

Appreciate 0
      05-31-2008, 11:13 PM   #34
martieg
Texas
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i Black Sph PP/SP/NV/MTk

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude View Post
The brand management guys at BMW are having a headache right now. THe brand is suppossed to be blue - if you alter it, it's not BMW any more.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2008, 12:53 AM   #35
McLuVan
Lieutenant General
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: ///M3

you guys are messed up
he asked a Q and you guys have to flame him

to the op i don't think/seen any vendor making those
overlays are great
you should try them
      06-01-2008, 01:43 AM   #36
PaulBailey@ltbmw
General
Italy
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLuVan View Post
you guys are messed up
he asked a Q and you guys have to flame him

to the op i don't think/seen any vendor making those
overlays are great
you should try them
Thanks for the man.
All 9 of the local SoCal members that posted in this thread were totally cool about this and respected someone's decision to mod their car as they please.
So thank you to all my SoCal Locals
And I guess i will have to try the overlays. . . I just felt that they're just stickers and will look cheap.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2008, 02:00 AM   #37
Houman21
Captain
United_States
Rep

SoCal Represent! If you pay for it - it's yours - do with it as you and your girl please. As for the brand and all of that - let's be real honest. The top brass at bmw would put up with pretty much anything as long as it helps their bottom line. End of story.

While there may be a vibrant culture built around a brand. BMW is still a business and they need to sell cars and it's a tough market out there, if BMW really cared as much as everyone thinks they do - why are they penalizing enthusiasts for taking interest in their automobiles and modifying them? Remember that the aftermarket modification factor is what helped make the 2002 such a hot seller, it also made the bimmer an enthusiasts car.

Sorry for getting off track
      06-01-2008, 02:43 AM   #38
flyer333
GSS CORP.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E90/E93

lol pics afta installed

Don't teach a pig how to read, it's a waste of time and it annoys the pig.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2008, 05:54 AM   #39
ganeil
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
While there may be a vibrant culture built around a brand. BMW is still a business and they need to sell cars and it's a tough market out there, if BMW really cared as much as everyone thinks they do - why are they penalizing enthusiasts for taking interest in their automobiles and modifying them? Remember that the aftermarket modification factor is what helped make the 2002 such a hot seller, it also made the bimmer an enthusiasts car.

Sorry for getting off track
If you do not believe that BMW cares about the image with which their brand is perceived than you are a fool. BMW will of course sell to anyone with the money to purchase a car but they do target a specific demographic and I assure you it is not one that appreciates seeing pink roundels.

As a guy who actually remembers a few new 2002's in the driveway and still owns one, we may have swapped out carbs, replaced springs, and upgraded wheels on our cars but we NEVER put our original carbs back on to scam warranty service we were not entitled to. Hell, I'm not even sure in the days before BMWNA, we even had a warranty.

To the OP, do whatever you want to girl friend's car but honestly you could find the highest quality example of what you are looking for and it will still look cheap.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2008, 07:23 AM   #40
Houman21
Captain
United_States
Rep

Context context context

Quote:
If you do not believe that BMW cares about the image with which their brand is perceived than you are a fool. BMW will of course sell to anyone with the money to purchase a car but they do target a specific demographic and I assure you it is not one that appreciates seeing pink roundels.
Did we really have to start with the name calling? really?
I can assure that their (BMWs) desire to sell cars, OUTWEIGHS their concern for an individuals choice of roundel color. Because that is really what we're talking about here. If I at any point made a general statement to imply otherwise outside of the context of our discussion, I do apologize.

Quote:
As a guy who actually remembers a few new 2002's in the driveway and still owns one, we may have swapped out carbs, replaced springs, and upgraded wheels on our cars but we NEVER put our original carbs back on to scam warranty service we were not entitled to. Hell, I'm not even sure in the days before BMWNA, we even had a warranty.
I wasn't around when the 2002's were released but blame my parents, they were trying but had difficulties til about '79. I'm just going to disregard what could be suggested as; all modders scam BMW for warranty....that deserves it's own thread. But don't assume you know everything about a poster by just what's in their sig
I got rid of her (reluctantly) to a kid younger than myself, and I was really happy that the younger generation still appreciates the car.

If I'm lucky, like yourself, I will hopefully have another in the driveway one day soon

Quote:
To the OP, do whatever you want to girl friend's car but honestly you could find the highest quality example of what you are looking for and it will still look cheap.
yes do what you want, because it is yours.

End Thread
      06-01-2008, 08:10 AM   #41
ganeil
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If I'm lucky, like yourself, I will hopefully have another in the driveway one day soon
That pic could be of mine! '74 Inca Orange tii.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2008, 08:16 AM   #42
J BONE
The Boss
United_States
Rep
Drives: %E2%80%9816 F15 X6

Garage List
2008 E92 335xi  [9.00]
2011 E92 M3- Retired
2011 E90 335- Retired
2008 E92 335- Retired
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2008, 08:33 AM   #43
Houman21
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That pic could be of mine! '74 Inca Orange tii.
It is the best color for that car isn't it? Even though I have an e92 on order
I find myself searching for tii's all the time... ...soon enough.

J Bone, you wouldn't be passively instigating a gentlemens discussion would you?
      06-01-2008, 01:23 PM   #44
PaulBailey@ltbmw
General
Italy
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Fuck you just aren't going to get over this are you?
Is it the color pink that you have a problem with?
Do you think that blue and white are the only colors on our roundels???
I've seen just about every color.
So what is the FN problem?
Why are you taking this so personally?
Appreciate 0