E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Turbo seal shot?

06-13-2015, 11:10 PM   #1
N54FTW
Rep
Drives: 335i X-Drive

Unhappy Turbo seal shot?

Hey folks, so after a slew of upgrades (listed below) and tune, I noticed white smoke coming out of the pipes after getting onto it and then coming to a stop. I had my wife replicate this with me standing on the side of the road so I was able to quickly smell it, it's oil for sure. I started noticing this about 2 weeks ago, I sat on it so I could spend some time learning more about potential culprits when my water pump went out hah. So, I'm under there replacing the pump and thermostat tonight (props to TMS for getting it to me so quickly) and notice what I believe is the origin of an external leak which I assume is tied to the internal leak. I double-checked the filter housing just to be certain that it wasn't the culprit and simply dripping down onto the turbo housing.

Here are a few pics, is it pretty darn safe to say that my turbo seal is shot?

MODS:
- VRSF DPs
- BMS OCC
- Turner/Corsa full exhaust
- AA Intercooler (fail)
- COBB Charge Pipe
- TurboSmart Kompact Diverter Valves
- COBB AP > Tuned by Pro Tuning Freaks (< amazing)

Last edited by N54FTW; 06-14-2015 at 03:20 PM.. Reason: Added second pic
Appreciate 0