E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > my Digital Design Audio/ DDaudio installed!!!

09-25-2005, 01:48 AM   #23
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
Actually, VERY high-end 10" sub will perform better than most
12" subs. Example, JL Audio's one 10w7 subwoofer will sound
MUCH better than regular 2~3 12"/10" sub. It also saves alot of space
and weight(JL requires smalll sealed box for best sound). Of course,
correct amp will play major role in this.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2005, 04:10 AM   #24
jhbodle
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by modz
The best sounding equipment ever produced. Guaranteed quality sound! Installed by www.hzemall.com
1 10" 9100 series ddaudio subwoofer
1 M1 ddaudio amplifier
I want a stock look setup and still leave ample storage space still for my trunk.
checkout Modz Distributing for complete setup of DDaudio lines for the e90.

Congrats for being brave enough to mod the complex Logic7 system - from what i've heard it's not easy! Did you use high output converters or did you somehow manage to get a true RCA input to the amps? Did the installers have any problems with the MOST setup of the Logic7?

I've never heard a 12" sub in a BMW, but I know that 10s offer tight and punchy bass, if not the ultimate low notes of a 12. In my previous cars I always went for 10s for this reason.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2005, 12:43 PM   #25
Tierfreund
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Iīve competed in Germany and Sweden.

I was GASCA (German IASCA sister) PRO unlimited champion in 1996. Competed in the European finals in 1996. I was a SQ judge for GASCA in 1996, 1997and 1998. SQ head judge in 1998. Iīve trained and judged on other SQ judges. Judged SQ at the European finals in 1997.

And even back then, that setup would not have impressed me. Itīs clean and nice craftmanship, but itīs not very clever. Now of course I canīt say how it might sound except like a stock logic 7 with lots of bass.

But I think I can say, itīs a very inefficient design. It uses a lot of space for very little gain. And 140db is not all that loud really. 140 is what I would have guessed for a decent 10incher with enough power in the trunk of a sedan. Add to that a transmissionline and a really big box, it better be clean and loud or something is seriously wrong.

Donīt get me wrong, itīs plenty loud enough for any use except DB drag racing, but that kind of sound pressure can very easiliy be achieved with nicer and more space efficient setups.

Your installer should have looked more closely at the other cars in the world finals.

If you like your install and enjoy it, thatīs just fine with me. Please just ignore my ramblings.

But when you post, you ask for comments. And if not for your sake then for the sake of others reading the thread, Iīll post, that this is not an examplary setup others should go right out ahead and copy. There are more clever ways of improving the sound even in an E90 (a difficult car for stereo setups, no doubt)
      09-26-2005, 08:16 AM   #26
Cory1000
God
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

I just have to add my 2cents in here... im not going to comment on the type of equipment that you used, because some people like the sound of different brands better then others but the install still sucks. I used to work at one of the top car audio places in the states and this looks like a best buy install...

Here are my issues with your system.

1. Can see the line from the front to top of box, this should be one peice of carpet, not 2, it looks like crap.
2. Box is not formed to trunk that well, there are gaps all around, why bother build them out in the first place if they are not going to fit properly.
3. carpet is the wrong color. If you couldnt have found a perfect match then have the whole thing redone...
4. You shouldnt be able to see the wires or neon tubes from your equipment, the whole reason you build a cover is to hide that..
Appreciate 0