E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > best place to live in the USA and why?

09-10-2007, 04:17 PM   #23
Gort
Klaatu Barada Nikto
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 X3-35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
That's not SB, that the point in Ventura!

SB was the BEST 4-year vacation (UCSB) I ever had! There's a reason these places (SB, SD, FL) are so expensive, they ar a great place to live. SB is a little chillier, on average, than I like. I'd probably pick one of those san's north of SD to avoid some of the crowds.
Go Gauchos!

Appreciate 0
      09-10-2007, 04:21 PM   #24
561design
z4um Hooligan
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: 3.0Si

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlspeed29 View Post
Hey! I work in SB!

SoCal FTMFW!

The only con is that the weather is like this VVV 24/7 365 :rocks:

Uh yeah... Let's see you also forgot the high cost of living, traffic, earthquakes and the fact that your stuck at 91 octane instead of 93 like the rest of the country. Try again buddy.
      09-10-2007, 04:23 PM   #25
schneid4323
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i, M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Bashing Dallas again. Leave immediately. I have great luck and times here.
Same here dude, like i love this place especially the bubble, Highland Park, ever see Fast Times at Richmond High, well that actually happens here. Dallas gets wild too bad fucking Laura Miller didnt save deep elum.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2007, 04:25 PM   #26
561design
z4um Hooligan
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artz 330 View Post
Trenton, New Jersey!
Any state that doesn't allow you to pump your own gas, should not be anywhere in anyone's mind as a place to live. Also whoever planned those random "jug handle" intersections should be shot. Let's not even get into your taxes up there either... Oh yeah the only good thing to come outta NJ is.... Jersey Mike's

Down south is where it's at.
      09-10-2007, 04:33 PM   #27
jlspeed29
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 SO ZCP CCB

Garage List
2008 335 coupe  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 561design View Post
Uh yeah... Let's see you also forgot the high cost of living, traffic, earthquakes and the fact that your stuck at 91 octane instead of 93 like the rest of the country. Try again buddy.

Oh yea, thats called the trade-off...
Great nightlife, great weather, many good jobs, close to vegas, close to beach/snow/desert whatever your heart desires!

When I die, they are going to have to bury me in SoCal....
      09-10-2007, 04:36 PM   #28
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

New Orleans Louisiana...... Mardi Gras
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2007, 05:03 PM   #29
SailinSand
SailinSand
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335cic

Florida- Beaches, heat, humidity. Ahhhh. Couldn't live anywhere else!
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2007, 05:47 PM   #30
Artz 330
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4M, 335i, 135i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Any state that doesn't allow you to pump your own gas, should not be anywhere in anyone's mind as a place to live. Also whoever planned those random "jug handle" intersections should be shot. Let's not even get into your taxes up there either... Oh yeah the only good thing to come outta NJ is.... Jersey Mike's

Down south is where it's at.
i do have to agree, and i want out of this place baddddddddddddddddddd
      09-10-2007, 08:05 PM   #31
shadye90
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW Fanatic

Garage List
dont know bout the rest of ya'll but I couldn't see myself anywhere else but NYC....i know some of ya'll gonna flame me or call me crazy but thats how i feel..I Love living In NYC especially Queens...:rocks:

1988 E30 M3
Diamantschwartz/Black
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2007, 08:57 PM   #32
SailinSand
SailinSand
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadye90 View Post
dont know bout the rest of ya'll but I couldn't see myself anywhere else but NYC....i know some of ya'll gonna flame me or call me crazy but thats how i feel..I Love living In NYC especially Queens...:rocks:
NYC- I would shrivel up and die. The cold would definitely kill me. I don't think I could live anywhere further north when where I am now! IFlorida.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2007, 02:04 AM   #33
wuufer001
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 M/T

Garage List
2006 325i  [9.34]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 888 View Post
According to you, from a lifestyle, climate, beauty etc. point of view where is the best place to live in the USA and why?

CNN says it is Middleton, WI

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bplive/2007/

i take it that your asian right? or if i'm wrong. cause of your profile name
      09-11-2007, 08:44 AM   #34
561design
z4um Hooligan
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailinSand View Post
NYC- I would shrivel up and die. The cold would definitely kill me. I don't think I could live anywhere further north when where I am now! IFlorida.
NYC is great for the culture and diversity. I spent almost five years living in Brooklyn. The thing I couldn't stand about NYC is the fact that people are literally living on top of each other and there is almost no greenspace. I had a friend that lived in Manhattan and was paying close to $2000 a month on rent for an apt the size of my closet. Literally! The other thing that was annoying is that it's literally impossible to truly enjoy an automobile without hitting a pothole, construction or the most recent immigrant who just got his taxi. Oh yeah and the cost of having access to a parking garage? Heh, you'd be better off renting an apartment and driving your car through the front door.

It depends on where you live in Fla. I grew up in South Florida and I hated it. There was a huge elderly population down there. Traffic was horrible on major roads and I-95. You have to have $$$ to really enjoy what Florida has to offer. An people down there have a pretty rude attitude in general. Although Fla is not as bad as some other states I've lived in or considered living in.
      09-11-2007, 08:52 AM   #35
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
I am...this Friday...and never returning to this hole again...
How did anyone come up with the idea to build a bunch of crap in a middle of nowhere???
Good luck to you. Hope you find happiness.
      09-11-2007, 08:58 AM   #36
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2, '23 GT4

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
NYC may be diverse but people are definitely asssholes. Maybe I wouldnt be so bitter if I wasnt a minority.

BTW, not all of nyc is apartments... we live in a house with a backyard and a park and the ocean within a few hundred feet of us.
      09-11-2007, 09:02 AM   #37
SailinSand
SailinSand
United_States
Rep

Quote:
NYC is great for the culture and diversity. I spent almost five years living in Brooklyn. The thing I couldn't stand about NYC is the fact that people are literally living on top of each other and there is almost no greenspace. I had a friend that lived in Manhattan and was paying close to $2000 a month on rent for an apt the size of my closet. Literally! The other thing that was annoying is that it's literally impossible to truly enjoy an automobile without hitting a pothole, construction or the most recent immigrant who just got his taxi. Oh yeah and the cost of having access to a parking garage? Heh, you'd be better off renting an apartment and driving your car through the front door.

It depends on where you live in Fla. I grew up in South Florida and I hated it. There was a huge elderly population down there. Traffic was horrible on major roads and I-95. You have to have $$$ to really enjoy what Florida has to offer. An people down there have a pretty rude attitude in general. Although Fla is not as bad as some other states I've lived in or considered living in.
I hear yah. My grandparents live in Central Florida, but they also have a place in the City. I've only been there two times. It's a little bit too much for me. I prefer to be places that are a little more low key/relaxed... I can't stay up late enough to keep up with you NY'rs!

Anywhere you go you can find a-holes. I'm sorry you encountered a bunch of rude people while living here!

Some people HATE Florida for the same reasons I LOVE it. I'm a 3rd generation Floridian, so maybe I'm genetically predispositioned to love it here. lol
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2007, 09:08 AM   #38
Scarecrows25
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 - Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by schneid4323 View Post
Same here dude, like i love this place especially the bubble, Highland Park, ever see Fast Times at Richmond High, well that actually happens here. Dallas gets wild too bad fucking Laura Miller didnt save deep elum.
A few Fridays ago, I went to Deep Ellum for the first time in years. Wow... what a dead area. Used to be so full of energy...
      09-11-2007, 09:25 AM   #39
I'm takin' the day off.
South Africa
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuufer001 View Post
i take it that your asian right? or if i'm wrong. cause of your profile name
Nope I’m a white South African, but you correct with the 888 it is of Asian origin and has always been very good to/for me.

Thanks for all your inputs, more will be welcome.

09-11-2007, 10:43 AM   #40
Neurorad
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi

It depends on how much money you have, your age, marital status, whether you really enjoy the beach/mountains/outdoors, lots of variables.

If money was no object, San Diego would be a good choice. If you're young and single, NYC ($) or Boston ($) or Miami. If you like the outdoors - tremendous number of choices. If you can tolerate the cold, Boston or Chicago.

What kind of work do you do?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2007, 12:24 PM   #41
retlod
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
Middleton, WI, is a suburb of Madison. I've been there many times. People love the area. It seems those on the coasts would never want to live in the Midwest while lots of people in the Midwest would never want to live on the coasts. The upper Midwest (Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, etc.) has a lot of great things going for it. The air is clean, the spaces are open, traffic is light, the people are smart and friendly, the public schools are excellent, and the cost of living is inexpensive. The weather leaves a bit to be desired, but I'd be hard-pressed to live anywhere else.
35% Tint | Golf Tee
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2007, 12:37 PM   #42
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

It was always strange that the most difficult part of my grandpa's mailing address was the zip code

LTW
Rural Route 3 (shortened to RR3)
Wiota, IA xxxxx
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2007, 01:16 PM   #43
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
SoCal Beaches or SF IMO.

I actually haven't been to NYC but my friend who currently lives there said he would move to California in a heartbeat. He has lived in NYC all his life but visits quite often.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2007, 01:29 PM   #44
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

If you've never "LIVED" anywhere other than where you are living now? STFU, What could you possibly base your opinion on?

I've lived in most areas of the country at one time or another.

Florida isn't hell, but you can see it from there, Maryland was OK but the Entire North East is so Overcrowded it's comical. San Antonio was nice and the Ladies were friendly and pretty. Colorado is the home state and still a favorite, some of the best Riding in the country hidden away. California is nice, weather is fantastic but boring, people are by and large friendly, but planning your entire life around traffic is fucked. Spent 4 years in Nebraska, fine state, but the Midwest in general gives a new definition of Strip Mall Wasteland and hellish weather. It's like Florida minus some pretty women plus A LOT of really big women and you get to toss in tornadoes instead of hurricanes and Horrible winters in addition to the Summer time hell.

Finally, my vote for best place to live? Has to be Victoria BC...

OH OH sorry States, I'd have to say Washington. Full of real people, less plastic folks, less Label Whoring. Friendly women who are real, and have personalities. VERY few of the Moronic Bleached Blonde *Giggle* "look at me" idiots which is very nice. Sure it rains, but the climate is mild year around and we actually get a little tiny bit of snow now and then in the winter. Some great roads, and a healthy housing market and economy. Yippa!