E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Scam or not

01-29-2013, 08:00 AM   #23
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

SCAM.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 09:45 AM   #24
eric@helix
United_States
Rep
Drives: 01 M Coupe, 08 135i, '12 328i

GREETINGS!

My name is Prince Mbutu Lahaasa from Nigeria. I was recently bequeathed $14.6 billion dollars US, by my father, and I need somebody to hold it in their bank account for 30 days...

Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 10:27 PM   #25
2M
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustnyc
I found an 06 Mini Cooper s on cl a few days ago so I contacted the seller.. The seller emails me back and writes a real personal story behind the history of the car an why she wants to sell ASAP. I asked her to send of the interior etc.etc an she did. So I told her I would like to see the car in person, but I realized the car had Cali plates on them.. So i asked where the car was located. She said Cali and if we go through ebay motors I can have the car shipped to my house in 7 days. From there I would have 5 days to inspect it and verify it. If. Don't want it, I can call the delivery company up and they will pick it up from my house? Is this a scam? Has anyone gone through this? When it seems that things are too good to be true they really aren't.. Opinions and advice would be nice..thanks
So she is selling the car on NY craigslist but she is in Cali? and it's really cheap for an 06' ? And she wants to use Ebay shipping company which doesn't exist? And theres a sob story too? And ppl on here have experienced same exact thing and have found it to be a scam? And you have a couple days to inspect the car and take it for a joy ride, but could ship it back if you don't like it for some reason? Sounds legit bro, I'd jump on that.
      01-31-2013, 03:18 AM   #26
StevenY.
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 10' SG e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric@helix
GREETINGS!

My name is Prince Mbutu Lahaasa from Nigeria. I was recently bequeathed $14.6 billion dollars US, by my father, and I need somebody to hold it in their bank account for 30 days...

I'll hold the money for you!