E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > Official Evolve Automotive 335d FMIC Thread

02-08-2013, 09:47 AM   #1
GreekboyD
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335d

Garage List
2009 BMW 335d  [8.00]
Cool Official Evolve Automotive 335d FMIC Thread

First off would like to thank Chris for getting the ball rolling on this project. Evolve is interested and would like to gauge interest on our end as well. Imran is working on getting a 335d into their shop very soon. They suggested that we email them and I've already done that. Here's what Imran said:

Hi John

Thanks for your email and interest.

It is on my long list of things to do. Have been very busy with our supercharger projects at present but hope to have some work done on this in the next few weeks.

Best Regards

Imran Arshad
evolve automotive

So guys, fire off your emails to Imran and let's make this a reality! The more options, the better!

Here is Imran's e-mail addy:

Imran@evolveautomotive.com
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #2
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

John I can't say that I've done whole hell of a lot, but I appreciate the appreciation.

Evolve is an E90 Post sponsor and I think tends to spend most of their time in the UK section. Please express your interest to Evolve. The more competition and offerings for our d's there is the better.

Imran can also be PM'd at Imran@Evolve
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 10:30 AM   #3
GreekboyD
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 335d  [8.00]
You did exchange 20 or so emails with Imran over the last few weeks man. Has to be acknowledged...lol
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 10:52 AM   #4
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Guys, I am all about product selection but I think we should give the Wagner ICA chance. It's a good product hopefully with good results as long as we can get the test data. I think we owe that much to Wagner because lots of us bitched for them to make the product. It would be a little disingenuous if now that they've gone to market we all leave them hanging with their inventory
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #5
GreekboyD
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 335d  [8.00]
I'm just looking for more options and I'm still waiting for concrete evidence from Wagner that their product does what it claims it does. When that happens, I'm all for considering their IC for my car. I'm also not in a rush to buy any IC at the moment. I'm focusing on the Quaife TBD and suspension swap for this spring.

Last thing I'm doing to my car is the IC and engine tune. For myself, they are pointless until the other aspects come first.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 11:12 AM   #6
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by taibanl View Post
Guys, I am all about product selection but I think we should give the Wagner ICA chance. It's a good product hopefully with good results as long as we can get the test data. I think we owe that much to Wagner because lots of us bitched for them to make the product. It would be a little disingenuous if now that they've gone to market we all leave them hanging with their inventory
Wagner should have thought about that before releasing their product without the appropriate testing.

While I don't disagree with the spirit of your post, I owe no allegiance to Wagner or any other company for that matter. Perhaps new competition or the threat thereof will motivate them to do perform and share the necessary testing and subsequent results.

If you do not want to contact Evolve that is certainly your choice, but let's try to keep this thread on topic from here out - we already derailed the other thread with talk of Evolve - hence the new thread.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #7
GreekboyD
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 335d  [8.00]
As for inventory I believe Wagner only manufactured 100 of them, keeping 80 in Europe and 20 of them for North America. They'll have no problem getting rid of those.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #8
corbin
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335d 2010 & x5d 2012

still no data from the wagner team??? I understand propriatary info needs protection etc... but a dyno graph is only reasonable.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 06:34 AM   #9
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 335d

I understand there's approx 40-50 ICs sent to Nick in California me being one of them, very true Chris we should not be garnering any company unless you can produce evidence, In my case as you well KNOW i cater RENNtech because of me being a loyal customer and great product, I cannot say much about WAGNER since i have not installed the product and have no DATA to back it up!!! I firmly believe that Turbo Eddie should be commended on this since he was the FIRST person in the US (that we know of ) that used a Cx Racing IC from a 335i and converted it to a 335d. TE and myself have spoken NUMEROUS times and he did comfirm to me that insatlling a better FLOW IC can improve performance and MILEAGE, he stated to me that he avergaed 45-47 mpg hwy. TE is NO SLOUCH he is very honest and has done numerous personal projects and he told me he was at the 24 Sebring Race IN THE COCKPITS working for a particular racing team I will not disclose. So there you go enjoy
Appreciate 0