E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Vacant land purchase - any experts here?

02-02-2006, 02:54 PM   #1
timzerofive
there is no spoon
Rep
Drives: 330i manual

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Vacant land purchase - any experts here?

Anyone on here has good knowledge regarding purchasing vacant land either not zoned or with residential zoning?
      02-02-2006, 02:58 PM   #2
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

no experience here but I would check and make sure there is no outstanding law suites on that land or any sort of toxic contamination associated with the land. Best to work with a trusted real estate agent.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2006, 12:15 AM   #3
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

what are you planning to do with the land?? what questions are you trying to ask??
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2006, 12:37 AM   #4
timzerofive
there is no spoon
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Development/future investment. My question would be whether they know anyone agents I can contact in the southern california area to find cheaper vacant lands out in lake elsinor/san bernardino area.
      02-03-2006, 12:49 AM   #5
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

hmmm...everyone I know are real estate agents- they dont specialize in vacant lands. USually people would go out there and take a look at it, negotiate the price, get a loan and buy it. Even if someone here knows an agent, they will be doing it for the company and I know they wont sell it to you for cheap. If anything they will jack up the price. I know a few people who buy vacant lands themselves. They dont go through agents. Maybe I can ask them for you...
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2006, 11:24 AM   #6
timzerofive
there is no spoon
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
It's alright, I know plenty of real estate agents, I work for a mortgage lender. I don't need to get a loan, all I need is someone who's in the game that can make a few recommendations on location and perhaps coming up auctions. Thanks anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp1183
I'm no expert, but here's some things to look out for. If you are planning to build, how much will it cost to not only clear the land if it is wooded, but also level the land to build on?

Secondly, what about utilities? Will you be able to get connections for water and sewer, and electricity and phone/internet?

I guess it's obvious to check for toxic chemicals, etc present, but also, is it near water? How dry will the earth below be after rain/snow? Will your basement leak?

Finally, you should check for zoning and taxes. What will your property taxes be assessed at if you build, and will the municipality even let you build on the property?

Just a few things to check. Hope this helps! Good luck
Thanks, not really planning to build anytime soon. I see a lot of advertisements where they do have title insurance, flood ins, and mostly with well/septic and does have electricity. Most of them are in residential zoning section with very low taxes. I just want to see if anyone here has good knowledge of location and if I were to show them a piece of land, they can tell me its not crap. Basically avoid any scams that might possibly be lurking around.