E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Factory paint defects

05-14-2012, 02:01 AM   #1
bmwak
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i M-Sport Gran Coupe

Factory paint defects

I was washing my e92 yesterday as the whether was rather nice (for once).

Once I finished, i was looking around and found a couple of tiny paint blobs on the rear quarter panel, below the gloss black window trim. They look like as if they were stone chips that were touched in with tiny dots and then lacquered over. I think it's common to get these when painting a car but a bodyshop normally wet and drys these before laquering.

Now i am 100% sure that my car has had no paintwork done no its factory paint. What I don't know however is whether these are paint defects or if these have developed over a reaction (as I have looked there before and never spotted them before).

If I take it to BMW I'm sure I can convince them to sort under warranty, but I'm sure they'll just get their affiliated bodyshop to undertake the work. However as my car is silver (hardest colour to match) I'm not sure whether i should just leave it or get it done. They will probably only do a localised repair (as opposed to a full quarter respray) and I'm afraid that it may look patchy and regret messing with the factory paint. They are absolutely tiny, there are 4 all around the localised area and are only visible if you go looking for them.

Now that i know they are there its really bugging me. Thoughts?
Appreciate 0