E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > has anyone ever tried 5htp?

03-07-2011, 05:04 PM   #23
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari355fi View Post
If this isn't being caused by substances you have taken or still lingering in your system, you might want to consult a psychiatrist or a psychopharmacologist. It could be some underlying problem that is starting to manifest itself. Just saying that the problems sleeping might be a symptom and not the main issue.
well my uncle passed away two weeks ago, my family all flew out to germany to be together and i'm stuck here. that, on top of other various daily headaches are kinda compounding on top of each other. the number of rolls i've taken since new year probably isn't helping either. it's not long-lasting, hardcore depression sets or anything, it's just me not feeling like myself in random pulses during the day
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 05:06 PM   #24
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
When I was smoking bud heavily, it increased my anxiety to a point it was tough to sleep. Once I quit just taking a couple sleep aid pills helped me sleep. Diphenhydramine or w/e, same thing in Tylenol PM
i started getting sever panic attacks out of nowhere after years of smoking weed. i haven't smoked in like 2-3 years
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 05:08 PM   #25
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
well my uncle passed away two weeks ago, my family all flew out to germany to be together and i'm stuck here. that, on top of other various daily headaches are kinda compounding on top of each other. the number of rolls i've taken since new year probably isn't helping either. it's not long-lasting, hardcore depression sets or anything, it's just me not feeling like myself in random pulses during the day
I'd see a doctor just to be on the safe side. The combination of the stress and rolling could have triggered something in your brain.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 05:10 PM   #26
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari355fi View Post
I'd see a doctor just to be on the safe side. The combination of the stress and rolling could have triggered something in your brain.
yeah, i'm considering it. good looking out

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 05:15 PM   #27
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

I wouldn't advise getting on a SSRI, it'll make you a zombie and takes a month to for it to even start working. I would just stop taking any drug and get your body back to normal, and you will even yourself out. I almost got on them but knew it was my bud "addiction" causing it, so I gave it up and never felt better.
      03-07-2011, 05:20 PM   #28
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep

there aren't any shows or events in the near future worth partying for. even if there were, i really have no desire to. the past two months have just been too stacked with events
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 05:27 PM   #29
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

man you gotta get off tha dope. i may have taken a couple 'mood enhancers' back in the day...definitely fucks with you for a good while if you take them in close succession. while no one can seem to come to a conclusion about the physically addicting effects of that specific drug, it's definitely psychologically addicting, making your peaks (on the drug only) extreme and the valleys (off) awful. coupled with a loss in the family, should probably ease off the sauce for a while and let your brain heal a bit and restore stable amounts of serotonin.

just drink more
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 05:32 PM   #30
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep

yeah lol. i've been going a little too hard, which i never do. the last time i went 'all out' was during coachella weekend like a year ago. i haven't even been drinking much at all lately which is good. it'll be easier to 'recover' since there's barely anything to do now. besides, i have a lot of real-life shit to knock out soon
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 05:44 PM   #31
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
i started getting sever panic attacks out of nowhere after years of smoking weed. i haven't smoked in like 2-3 years
did it stop after you stop smoking?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 05:46 PM   #32
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroy View Post
oh yeah, i've never gotten panic attacks outside of being high. i have absolutely 0 desire to ever smoke weed again
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 05:52 PM   #33
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroy View Post
Yea, when you smoke good bud it messes with your brain which will induce panic attacks or anxiety. Haven't even came close to experiencing that once since I stopped.
      03-07-2011, 05:53 PM   #34
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

what the fuck are you talking about?

5-htp is a precursor to 5-ht and is nothing like MDMA. Also, I read an article a while ago stating that the limited research done on MDMA actually turned out to be falsified.

Also, try an OTC histamine blocker such as unisom. Its non-addictive but will make you pretty drowsy. I uses it when I've got a lot on the mind and need to get to bed.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 05:54 PM   #35
Wakka
but no flokka
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

How much rolling have you been doing? I've been on like maybe 3 - 4 pills a month for maybe... 4 or 5 months and i was still functional. This is like 2 years ago. Havent rolled since NYE and I am craving it bad, seriously I feel like this is the longest i've ever gone without rolling in like 5 years.

Cant imagine the roll im going to have next.

Btw..

http://www.erowid.org/

Best website ever.

Basics: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_basics.shtml
Effects: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_effects.shtml

I always check this site and read as much as possible about a drug before i take it for the first time. Helps me feel better, and know what to expect.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 05:56 PM   #36
JCE
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG M3 2010 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
TLDR all I know is Ambien made do some wierd as shit...like almost burn my apt down...
After I took ambien I woke up one morning in all my clothes on with my truck parked backwards and a dent in the fender. My keys were on a table in the garage, billfold was on the back porch, and a light with an extension cord was strung across the garage floor. The garage was open. I don't remember shit.

I recommend staying away from that.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 06:01 PM   #37
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
what the fuck are you talking about?

5-htp is a precursor to 5-ht and is nothing like MDMA. Also, I read an article a while ago stating that the limited research done on MDMA actually turned out to be falsified.

Also, try an OTC histamine blocker such as unisom. Its non-addictive but will make you pretty drowsy. I uses it when I've got a lot on the mind and need to get to bed.
what? i never said anything about 5htp being a precursor to mdma. i'll look into otc though
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 06:01 PM   #38
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep

Quote:
what? i never said anything about 5htp being a precursor to mdma. i'll look into otc though
Not you. Some others referring to 5-htp as being similar to mdma.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 06:03 PM   #39
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
i've been having problems sleeping recently and was wondering if anyone has had success with it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-Hydroxytryptophan
I do not recommend any serotonin products if you don't need them. They have some not insignificant side effects, like raising your blood pressure.

And if you take any antidepressants or psychiatric drugs, SEE A DOCTOR before taking 5-HTP.

If you don't believe me, see the "Possible risks" section of the link you posted.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 06:04 PM   #40
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakka View Post
How much rolling have you been doing? I've been on like maybe 3 - 4 pills a month for maybe... 4 or 5 months and i was still functional. This is like 2 years ago. Havent rolled since NYE and I am craving it bad, seriously I feel like this is the longest i've ever gone without rolling in like 5 years.

Cant imagine the roll im going to have next.

Btw..

http://www.erowid.org/

Best website ever.

Basics: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_basics.shtml
Effects: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_effects.shtml

I always check this site and read as much as possible about a drug before i take it for the first time. Helps me feel better, and know what to expect.
i'd say i'm in the low-to-mid-teens right now since new years. also, i have those links bookmared lol
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 06:05 PM   #41
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCE View Post
After I took ambien I woke up one morning in all my clothes on with my truck parked backwards and a dent in the fender. My keys were on a table in the garage, billfold was on the back porch, and a light with an extension cord was strung across the garage floor. The garage was open. I don't remember shit.

I recommend staying away from that.
welp, definitely not taking ambien
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 06:06 PM   #42
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman10 View Post
I do not recommend any serotonin products if you don't need them. They have some not insignificant side effects, like raising your blood pressure.

And if you take any antidepressants or psychiatric drugs, SEE A DOCTOR before taking 5-HTP.

If you don't believe me, see the "Possible risks" section of the link you posted.
i'm not on any medication or anything, i might just try some over-the-counter stuff / suggestions posted in here
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 06:07 PM   #43
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

I would also not go to a doctor, as soon as you tell him you have been popping mdma he will just give you a SSRI to relevel your seratonin, which can be done if you just quit doing it for a month or so. I went to a doctor and the hospital after a panic attack, waste of time trust me. You'll be fine bro I promise, I just started drinking more and I have had no issues.
      03-07-2011, 06:09 PM   #44
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep

Teens? Take a fucken break man. Thats what will fix you.

And definitely try the OTC. Use as little as possible.
Appreciate 0