E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > I-Drive Navigation Retrofit!

04-27-2010, 11:23 PM   #419
Booster4075
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90, 335i

Sorry all, I was out of town and kinda out of touch (nice vacation).

Thanks. Anyway, no...not an engineer, just a dedicated enthusiast I guess. I'm trying to do like three other projects on this car right now so I am definitely keeping myself occupied with mods.

I would imagine parts prices are really coming down for this sort of retrofit as the 2nd-gen parts are becoming available and since there are more and more wrecked E90's out there everyday. I did it for ~$1500 after selling my old radio and dash...I'm sure it could be done for much less if you were really shopping it and found people to help you program it or procured the tools yourself.

Neither business or pro i-drive is plug-and-play, as programming is required...and not the kind the dealer can do. There'd be no sense in doing a business retrofit - you don't really gain anything IMO.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2010, 01:53 PM   #420
Sparkyyy
Registered
Rep
Drives: E91

Hay Booster4075,
I cam from Germany, you have me on navi do alterations idee brought.
Now I have also inserted the Navi , here are pics:

Last edited by Sparkyyy; 05-01-2010 at 01:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2010, 08:39 PM   #421
Booster4075
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkyyy View Post
Hay Booster4075,
I cam from Germany, you have me on navi do alterations idee brought.
Now I have also inserted the Navi , here are pics:
Nice work - glad it worked out for you.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 12:13 PM   #422
mikko-msport
England
Rep
Drives: 320d m sport

Tis done!!

Well, first thanks to Booster, without who this would not have been possible
One thing tho - I did not need to have the vehicle order programmed?? All in all it has turned out to be very straightforward and reletively cheap (£550)
All I can say is if you can get the hardware cheap enough then go for it!
Could this be the first retrofit with the steering wheel on the correct side??
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-13-2010, 07:16 AM   #423
NBTBRV8
Captain
Rep
Drives: LCi E60 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBTBRV8 View Post
I've just bought everything to convert my mother's E90 320 business nav to professional and will make the change over in a few weeks. I have my own GT1 and OPS head so will do the programming including activating SA620 myself.

You can retrofit CD for much less than $1k. All up it will cost me AUD$500 for a brand new CD unit with all trim fittings etc.
I did a dry run of my bus > pro nav retrofit today. After fitting everything I started to do the coding but stopped as I don't have the SA620 voice activation code yet, so I put my bus system back in. I have just found out I could have continued on and not coded in SA620, I may do this yet it just depends upon how long it takes to get.

I will post something up on the retrofit.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2010, 05:46 AM   #424
sabato
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d E90

hi guys ive fitted my pro nav, all is ggod but noticed when i put it into reverse this morning the picture on the screen was that or an E91!! and not an E90....small niggle i know but anyway of getting it changed?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2010, 06:07 AM   #425
Patrys@BimmerTech
Banned
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabato View Post
hi guys ive fitted my pro nav, all is ggod but noticed when i put it into reverse this morning the picture on the screen was that or an E91!! and not an E90....small niggle i know but anyway of getting it changed?
You need to have your Navigation coded for your car specification. It looks like your unit comes from E91.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2010, 08:25 AM   #426
sabato
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d E90

Have I got to go to a dealer then?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2010, 10:31 AM   #427
Patrys@BimmerTech
Banned
Poland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabato View Post
Have I got to go to a dealer then?
Sometimes it's easier to do certain things at an independent shop, but you can try to talk to your dealership.
The other option is Autologic. You can also check my signature for remote coding.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2010, 01:12 AM   #428
busabassist
Registered
Rep
Drives: 325i

Hey Booster, my ccc went bad in my 06 e90 325i and I replaced it with a used one out of a 07 e91 335i. When I first installed the ccc it worked fine but with no audio in the whole car including no alert chime for seat belt etc...
I then took it to the local stealership for programming and they got all the audio to work except the voice navi and the voice command . How can I find someone to program these features without going back to the stealership and what coding is needed to enable these features?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2010, 12:29 AM   #429
Booster4075
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by busabassist View Post
Hey Booster, my ccc went bad in my 06 e90 325i and I replaced it with a used one out of a 07 e91 335i. When I first installed the ccc it worked fine but with no audio in the whole car including no alert chime for seat belt etc...
I then took it to the local stealership for programming and they got all the audio to work except the voice navi and the voice command . How can I find someone to program these features without going back to the stealership and what coding is needed to enable these features?
First thing first, make sure the navi/voice volume is up.

I am assuming this car was equipped with i-drive with new? If it was, your VIN is listed on a BMW FSC DVD and your file needs to be used during the programming process to re-enable your voice control. I think the navi voice should still work though...

If this was a CCC retrofit, then you will need to obtain this FSC from BMW and use it (or have the guy programming it use it) to re-enable voice control.

You will need someone with the programming tools AND have the FSC DVD. The dealer obviously has this but failed to program it correctly.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2010, 07:37 AM   #430
mrvegas
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Well Patryk helped me with my 2008 335i retrofit and it is working great! Patryk is the real deal. He is brilliant and helps you through the whole process. Highly recommended. The programming part can be quite challenging, especially if your laptop is not in tip top shape, but with perseverance Patryk will get you through it. He found me excellent parts and provided all the technical expertise to get the job done.

If you are sitting on the fence and thinking about this, you should contact Patryk. When you are finished and you have an entertainment system that is state of the art, you will be very happy that you did it. You will be proud of yourself for tackling a challenging project and succeeding. Your passengers will also be very impresed.

Last edited by mrvegas; 07-21-2010 at 07:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2010, 04:25 PM   #431
DoNi
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW F81 M3 TOURING

Hello, i am new to this forum, i have 2007 e92, and bought a complete cic satnav system and will be doing the retrofit these next couple of days and hopefully post some pics up, before i start i was wondering if any one knows someone in the london area or even in the UK to do the programming for me.

Also is it possible to program the nav to fully work with a BMW GT1 as i know a guy who is selling one and it might end up being cheeper to buy that of him.

Thanks, DoNi
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 08:56 PM   #432
tooshay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20+M3 badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoNi View Post
Hello, i am new to this forum, i have 2007 e92, and bought a complete cic satnav system and will be doing the retrofit these next couple of days and hopefully post some pics up, before i start i was wondering if any one knows someone in the london area or even in the UK to do the programming for me.

Also is it possible to program the nav to fully work with a BMW GT1 as i know a guy who is selling one and it might end up being cheeper to buy that of him.

Thanks, DoNi
If you need coding for your cic, contact Patrys. He can code your car over the internet. He just coded my retrofited cic to my car.
      10-30-2010, 05:28 PM   #433
DoNi
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW F81 M3 TOURING

Thank you booster4075 for the great diy, i did the full retrofit today, and it fully works, the nav came with the tcu and the previous owner had bmw online service supsciption which is still active so i get the weather, news, google etc.

The sat nav was not working at first as i expected because i dont have the fsc code, but this morning when i got in the car to go to work the navigation option came up and everything works now perfectly without any programing apart from the sound as i have logic7 in my car and the the car it came from dident, but hoping to get it sorted soon

sorry for the crappy pics they were taken at nite with my iphone
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-31-2010, 10:49 PM   #434
CrimsonIvy35i
Captain
Rep
Drives: X6 M

I'm looking forward to do the retrofit to my 335i. Would anyone be willing to give me a list of all the parts needed, so I can start getting them in a checklist kind of way?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 11:23 PM   #435
vinzer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E70 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonIvy35i View Post
I'm looking forward to do the retrofit to my 335i. Would anyone be willing to give me a list of all the parts needed, so I can start getting them in a checklist kind of way?
you may require many parts to get. i can help you with the list of these.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2010, 07:42 AM   #436
Patrys@BimmerTech
Banned
Poland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoNi View Post
Thank you booster4075 for the great diy, i did the full retrofit today, and it fully works, the nav came with the tcu and the previous owner had bmw online service supsciption which is still active so i get the weather, news, google etc.

The sat nav was not working at first as i expected because i dont have the fsc code, but this morning when i got in the car to go to work the navigation option came up and everything works now perfectly without any programing apart from the sound as i have logic7 in my car and the the car it came from dident, but hoping to get it sorted soon

sorry for the crappy pics they were taken at nite with my iphone
I am afraid the Navigation will stop working without the FSC codes
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2011, 11:56 PM   #437
sngencarelli
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinzer View Post
you may require many parts to get. i can help you with the list of these.
I'm in the same boat... I'd like to get started on this, but am unsure of what is required. I know that I need what seems to be included in these kits being sold (CIC system, controller, display), and I realize that I would need the double hooded dash and center console with a cutout for the IDrive controller.. But what else? Wiring, etc? It seems that once installed, the IDrive and audio functionality will work, but navigation will not until the vehicle has been coded...correct?

Thanks!
Scott
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2011, 10:05 PM   #438
amgeater
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335i and W220 S55 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sngencarelli View Post
I'm in the same boat... I'd like to get started on this, but am unsure of what is required. I know that I need what seems to be included in these kits being sold (CIC system, controller, display), and I realize that I would need the double hooded dash and center console with a cutout for the IDrive controller.. But what else? Wiring, etc? It seems that once installed, the IDrive and audio functionality will work, but navigation will not until the vehicle has been coded...correct?

Thanks!
Scott

SAME HERE I AM READY TO DO THIS CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE THE LIST OF PARTS NEED FOR THIS DIY THANKS

AT LEAST THE DASH BOARD PART NUMBER
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 12:23 AM   #439
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by amgeater View Post
SAME HERE I AM READY TO DO THIS CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE THE LIST OF PARTS NEED FOR THIS DIY THANKS

AT LEAST THE DASH BOARD PART NUMBER
We will be happy to help and explain.
Please email us at: info@bmwretrofit.com

Appreciate 0
      04-23-2011, 11:05 PM   #440
jakobv84
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E60 525xi

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
Just wanted to chime in and say this is fantastic work! The DIY guide is a great read and introduction to the topic. I have some basic understanding of electronics and cars, but not going to attempt this on my own! The search for a local mechanic/electronics guy begins... (I've just moved to Texas a few weeks ago)
Appreciate 0