E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > elictrical problem k-can?

03-21-2015, 07:43 PM   #1
ed s
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

elictrical problem k-can?

Hey guys...new to the forum and need help....2011 328I 2dr x drive....driving and warning lights come on...abs, service, airbag, you name it....then I lose the gauges....then the radio turns off...turn signals wont work....no drive-ability issues though...never skipped a beat....got home and the headlights wont shut off....turned vehicle on and off and the head lights go off.....12.1 volts at the battery with car off...14.9 with it running. I am outside buffalo....it was in the minus teens a few weeks ago and never any starting issues so I am very skeptical of the battery-charging system being a problem....I was passed along a service bulletin about a k-can issue with wires shorting. I pulled the drivers seat and all looks good....struggling w console now....seems to be ridged mount at about the shift point is it a clip or is there bolts there? any thoughts (console remove) but more so about the electrical gremlin????thanks in advance!!
Appreciate 0