E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Hassel Service Dept

11-20-2012, 10:33 AM   #1
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Hassel Service Dept

i have purchase 2 cars from hassel and 1 from rallye. The service dept of hassel lacks alot of things. They constantly change service advisor, every time you walk in you have to deal with some1 different.

i made an appt 3 weeks ago for a loaner to find out today there are no loaners. A call to notify no loaners are available a day or two before appt would have been helpful but no. On top of that, they only have 2 drivers for shuttle service which i had to wait 1hr to get to work.

Now im stuck at work with no car, have to figure a way to get home, way to go to work tomorrow smh

x3 is in for inspection, 1st service, rubber seals on the doors need to be replace, might have to order it, tpms malfunctioning
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 04:39 PM   #2
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

Sometimes you don't care when the dealer screws over rude people but you're such a nice guy!

Doesnt seem like there are many good dealers out on the island
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 11:38 PM   #3
iamkit
Private
Rep
Drives: 535xi

Oh man speaking of Hassel, I just brought my car in for service and also called 3 weeks prior for a loaner. On the phone they didn't ask any questions so I go in and then after like 20 minutes the lady comes back saying their not allowed to give me a loaner because I am under 21( my license isn't up to date I am 21 but it says under 21 in red letters) Then she says oh I mean't 25 after I corrected her.. eh long story short I had to sit there for about 5 hours.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 12:05 AM   #4
SS e93
Captain
Rep
Drives: e93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkit View Post
Oh man speaking of Hassel, I just brought my car in for service and also called 3 weeks prior for a loaner. On the phone they didn't ask any questions so I go in and then after like 20 minutes the lady comes back saying their not allowed to give me a loaner because I am under 21( my license isn't up to date I am 21 but it says under 21 in red letters) Then she says oh I mean't 25 after I corrected her.. eh long story short I had to sit there for about 5 hours.
If you bought the car from Hassel you should be able to get a loaner. I was able to get one when I was under 25. I stopped going there simply because they want you to make appointments weeks in advance, and even more so if you need a loaner. I have been going to Oyster Bay BMW which is mediocre, but down the street from me.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 06:03 AM   #5
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]

thanks tommy how you been?

i may have to change location on where to get service but the privilege of gettin a loaner is essential

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy g View Post
Sometimes you don't care when the dealer screws over rude people but you're such a nice guy!

Doesnt seem like there are many good dealers out on the island
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 01:54 PM   #6
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

Things are good bro....I miss working at MAC, but couldn't make the move to L.I. and commuting to NJ was disaster after about 6 months
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 10:53 PM   #7
madeinhongkong
Brigadier General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

Yea they suck, i stopped goin to them after going there twice. They never have loaners, even when you buy the car from them. They expect you to make the appt a month early wtf? I just go to Habberstad now for service, all dealers are the same IMO you just need to go see the "right" person. But yea Hassel is wack!

Oh yea the fucks that work there also threw out 2 of my DP Fixs!!!! I hate them!!!! My car went there when it was under CPO warranty. The car didn't start, I thought it was an HPFP issue, ended up being a battery only. They told me I fried my DME and wanted $2500 for it and $500 for labor. Went to an indy and got a battery and had it programmed. She fired right up, no hick ups at all.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 02:53 PM   #8
SS e93
Captain
Rep
Drives: e93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost2Perfection View Post
Yea they suck, i stopped goin to them after going there twice. They never have loaners, even when you buy the car from them. They expect you to make the appt a month early wtf? I just go to Habberstad now for service, all dealers are the same IMO you just need to go see the "right" person. But yea Hassel is wack!

Oh yea the fucks that work there also threw out 2 of my DP Fixs!!!! I hate them!!!! My car went there when it was under CPO warranty. The car didn't start, I thought it was an HPFP issue, ended up being a battery only. They told me I fried my DME and wanted $2500 for it and $500 for labor. Went to an indy and got a battery and had it programmed. She fired right up, no hick ups at all.
Does habberstad give you BMW loaners? They told me since i didnt buy from them I have to use their Avis rental so i stopped using them as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 08:03 PM   #9
benzy89
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
More reasons I'm glad that I live in NJ
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2012, 04:40 PM   #10
Gugs
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 JetBlack

Who cares what type of loaner you get? I mean be glad you can get one at all. Most car dealers dont even offer it.

You guys are concerned with all the wrong things.
Id be worried about the work and the quality or lack there of -
not their scheduling and loaner car availability.

As far as op .. Id be pissed too since you made an appt. for one and they dropped the ball.
Personally I'd say they played you for a fool cause there are Always loaner cars available.
Its your service advisor thats jerking you.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2012, 08:14 PM   #11
hemi to e90
dat boost doe
Poland
Rep
Drives: 10 335i 21 740li

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gugs View Post
Who cares what type of loaner you get? I mean be glad you can get one at all. Most car dealers dont even offer it.

You guys are concerned with all the wrong things.
Id be worried about the work and the quality or lack there of -
not their scheduling and loaner car availability.

As far as op .. Id be pissed too since you made an appt. for one and they dropped the ball.
Personally I'd say they played you for a fool cause there are Always loaner cars available.
Its your service advisor thats jerking you.
you ever hear of the expression, "if you want to know how clean a restaurant is, check their bathrooms"?

that means if they cant handle something as simple and basic as bathroom cleanliness and maintenance, how the fuck are they going to do something complicated?
      11-24-2012, 04:05 PM   #12
Gugs
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 JetBlack

Not really the case here as the two operate independently from each other basically.
How you correlate the quality of work that the techs provide to the laziness of a SA to do his job and secure transportation is odd.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2012, 09:53 AM   #13
iceknight210
ROFLcoptor!
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i sedan

Huntington BMW always has easy appointments and loaners -.- and I drive there from brooklyn. Tried Hassel once and never went back.