E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Advan performance, "Nashin BBK" April promo

04-04-2013, 02:48 AM   #1
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: N54 135i

Advan performance, "Nashin BBK" April promo

Hi Gents,

in lieu of the "Taipei Int’l Auto Parts and Accessories Show" the guys at Nashin HQ have generously reduced our buy price for the entire month of April, in an effort to further stimulate the Aus' market.

As such I have put together an assortment of BBKs at prices that are even better, than our "Time Attack" special from last year.

The price shown is in AUD and inclusive of GST, however it does NOT include shipment outside of Sydney or fitment of the kit.

N.B. The below pricing is ONLY effective for the month of April.

All orders MUST be placed and payment confirmed before the 1st of May, in order to obtain these prices that are heavily reduced over retail.

BBK #1, (19" wheel required).

Front: 380 mm 2-piece Floating rotor/N7 (6 piston) Mono-block caliper with "Street" pads
Rear: 345 mm 2-piece Floating rotor/N3 (4 piston) Mono-block caliper with "Street" pads

Cost: P.O.A.

BBK #2, (possibly 18" wheel compatible, may require 19" wheel).

Front: 370 mm 2-piece Floating rotor/N5 (6 piston) Mono-block caliper with "Street" pads
Rear: 345 mm 2-piece Floating rotor/N3 (4 piston) Mono-block caliper with "Street" pads

BBK # 3, (18" wheel compatible).

Front: 355 mm 2-piece Floating rotor/N5 (6 piston) Mono-block caliper with "Street" pads

BBK #4 Front ONLY, (19" wheel required).

Front: 380 mm 2-piece Floating rotor/N7 (6 piston) Mono-block caliper with "Street" pads

BBK # 5 Front ONLY, (18" wheel compatible).

Front: 355 mm 2-piece Floating rotor/N5 (6 piston) Mono-block caliper with "Street" pads

For those guys that are not just after BBK bling and plan on tracking their cars, we can supply the calipers pre-loaded with Nashin's "Sport" pad.

Front & Rear kit "Sport" pad upgrade is P.O.A.

Front ONLY kit "Sport" pad upgrade is P.O.A.

Lastly the standard slotted rotor can be swapped out for a cross-drilled rotor, at the cost of P.O.A. per axle.

However for track day enthusiasts I recommend the use of the standard non-drilled "Floating" rotor.

For anyone that has not come across any prior information on our Nashin big brake kits, here is a link to my thread on the 1-Series forum, that should provide some interesting reading.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=677088

Cheers,

Justin.

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 05-29-2014 at 07:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 03:13 AM   #2
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

What is a big brake kit promo thread, without some BBK bling.

So here you go!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 03:31 AM   #3
#Tee
Major General
Rep
Drives: yes

Is that a 380mm front kit with the 230 wheel? do you know if a 380 kit would fit a 19in work vs stepped lip?

You can follow my builds on IG: Tee212
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 06:13 AM   #4
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~XxTeexX~ View Post
Is that a 380mm front kit with the 230 wheel? do you know if a 380 kit would fit a 19in work vs stepped lip?
Yes, the front kit is a 380 mm/N7 combo on a 19" BMW OEM 230 wheel.

I cannot be entirely certain with that specific wheel, the only way to know for sure is to use a N7 caliper application template, which I have just requested from Nashin.

FYI,

the kit prices you are looking at are not correct for International customers.

For all International customers, kits will be shipped directly from Taiwan to the purchasers designated address.

If you are keen on a quote, please let me know what you are specifically interested in and your postal address.

Cheers,

JD.

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 04-07-2013 at 12:16 AM.. Reason: Revision
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 06:44 AM   #5
Jexus
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

I am so tempted right now
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 06:01 PM   #6
skidz
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1mers nuts :D

excuse my ingorance but it there something wrong with the stock brakes?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 07:23 PM   #7
Kiwi Peter
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 2012 Edition 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidz View Post
excuse my ingorance but it there something wrong with the stock brakes?
For road use there fine, and if your happy with what you have that's great.

But if you want something much much better go with this system while the price is what it is.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 10:14 PM   #8
Gemballa1980
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

This may be a stupid question, however if I were to upgrade the fronts only, are the OEM fronts able to be put on the rear?

Also as a side note - does anyone know what sort of $$$ the OEM kit would sell for second hand?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 11:17 PM   #9
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~XxTeexX~ View Post
Hey mate,

here is the N7 caliper fitment template you require.

If you follow the instructions correctly, you can determine if the 380 mm/N7 BBK will have sufficient clearance with your specific wheel.

Cheers,

JD.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf N7 380-34-56-1.pdf (300.0 KB, 226 views)
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 11:23 PM   #10
#Tee
Major General
Rep
Drives: yes

thanks justin!

You can follow my builds on IG: Tee212
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 11:43 PM   #11
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemballa1980 View Post
This may be a stupid question, however if I were to upgrade the fronts only, are the OEM fronts able to be put on the rear?

Also as a side note - does anyone know what sort of $$$ the OEM kit would sell for second hand?

Thanks!
Unfortunately no, as the rear caliper pick up point will be incorrect and the parking brake assembly will no longer function.

I would not be too concerned about altering the factory brake torque bias whilst installing a Front only kit. When looking at the brake fluid displacement of the front and rear single piston floating calipers on a 335i, the front brakes are performing the majority of the work.

However if ultimately you would like to run a complete kit, you can also purchase a Rear only Nashin kit at a later date.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2013, 12:21 AM   #12
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Hey guys,

here are a few pics of the calipers from a N7 & N3 kit that were ordered with a non-machined logo surface, which is now an option when buying a N-Series kit.

So for those BMW owners that want a BBK that looks less aftermarket and a little more OEM, we now have you covered.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2013, 12:27 AM   #13
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Here is cheeky copy & paste of a post from the 1-Series forum and my subsequent reply, that you guys may find interesting.

Originally Posted by koastal

These look the business.
How much are comparable offerings ( performance wise) from more recognized brands such as brembo and AP ?

Hey mate,

make no mistake they "are" the business.

IMHO you could not purchase a comparable offering from Brembo, AP Racing, StopTech, Alcon etc. for anything remotely close to what the Nashin BBKs are available for, not even at full retail pricing on the Nashin hardware.

I am not going to try to convince potential purchasers that the Nashin kits are every bit as good as the "premium" kits from the above manufacturers, with "made in Taiwan" associated with Nashin that is a hard sell indeed.

But you simply cannot buy this level of performance from the Big players without spending considerably more coin.

What's more the Nashin BBKs whilst being very cost effective, work extremely well under demanding track conditions too.

Originally Posted by pavo335

I went to the ARDC track day yesterday (good to meet you alex/dad and uncle, hope you finished ok)at EC which was set on the 'long circuit' as opposed to the GP curcuit. The Long circuit is much more technical and demanding than the GP curcuit.

The ambient temps hit over 35 Deg so it was a hot one out there yesterday, with a couple of local cars pulling out due to heat after the second session. I made it to the 4th before i started getting a persistant limp (it could have been the first heat induced limp as oil was getting over 140) and i pulled in early.

I started the 5th session and on the 3rd lap mid way through turn 1 I lost all power , when i managed to come to a stop i realised the engine had just cut out an required a full ignition off and on before the car would start.

Well by this time I figured that was hint 2 and I was not real interested in what hint 3 was going to be so I packed up and went home. Why am I saying all this in a brake thread??????

Well this was the first REAL test I have hada chance to put the new Nashins through and I can say WOW. ZERO brake fade on a very warm day with new R888's on the front (which by the way i also highly rate). They stopped from the first corner to the last, with never a hesitation. In fact I pushed them 50% harder than the stockers (which imho are pretty decent on the 335) and they still have more to give.

My only regret is that I should have gone for the smaller size up front so I could get an 18' rim on, so I would have a wider selection of tyres.

Cheers,

JD.

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 04-11-2013 at 08:13 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 05:55 AM   #14
MFKN3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: supercharged 4.4L stroker E92

JD,

Do they make an M3 fitment? I assume 380 front, 355 rear with track pads. My track wheels are 18" Apex ARC-8, which fit 380 stoptech's up front, but not 380 brembos. So not sure about nashi.

Do the "sport" pads squeal or dust more than the street?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #15
skidz
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1mers nuts :D

I think i read that the 380 front is opnly for a 19in wheel?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 06:51 PM   #16
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFKN3 View Post
JD,

Do they make an M3 fitment? I assume 380 front, 355 rear with track pads. My track wheels are 18" Apex ARC-8, which fit 380 stoptech's up front, but not 380 brembos. So not sure about nashi.

Do the "sport" pads squeal or dust more than the street?
Hey mate,

yes Nashin have rotor hat offsets and caliper mounts specific to the M3.

You could indeed run that combo, however I am not at all confident a 380 mm/N7 caliper setup will clear a 18" wheel.

I'll dig up a 380/N7 caliper application template if you like.

The other option is to run a 370 mm/N5 caliper on the front which should have adequate clearance, as the caliper body is smaller than the N7 but it's still a 6 piston caliper.

We would supply the kit with the upgraded "Sport" pads front and rear for track use.

The "Sport" pads have been known to squeal initially, but once the rotor face/pad surface has been properly bedded in and subsequently beaten on a few times, they are not really an issue. The dusting is only marginally more than the "Street" version too, which is to say they are quite good in that regard.

In short the sports are the better pad for track days, whilst still being well mannered enough for use on the street.

Cheers,

Justin.

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 04-11-2013 at 06:56 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 06:52 PM   #17
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidz View Post
I think i read that the 380 front is opnly for a 19in wheel?
Correct!
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 06:59 PM   #18
iDriveSlo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe M-Sport Lemans blue

Garage List
Would it be possible to have the front of the caliper machined completely flat deleting the nashin logo altogether?
      04-11-2013, 08:05 PM   #19
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDriveSlo View Post
Would it be possible to have the front of the caliper machined completely flat deleting the nashin logo altogether?
Yes I believe it would be possible, but I know Nashin would be extremely reluctant to do so.

If they "could" be persuaded to machine the logo surface flat prior to painting the caliper body, I suspect they would want to charge Advan a fee for doing so.

What colour caliper would you choose if you bought a kit?

I ask because depending on the colour the "non-machined" logo would not be easy to spot, unless you were looking closely at the caliper.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 09:21 PM   #20
MFKN3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: supercharged 4.4L stroker E92

Thanks JD,

Could you dig up a template by any chance please?

Skidz, these are an 18" race wheel designed to clear stoptech 380's
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 11:05 PM   #21
iDriveSlo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe M-Sport Lemans blue

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@ADVAN Performance View Post
Yes I believe it would be possible, but I know Nashin would be extremely reluctant to do so.

If they "could" be persuaded to machine the logo surface flat prior to painting the caliper body, I suspect they would want to charge Advan a fee for doing so.

What colour caliper would you choose if you bought a kit?

I ask because depending on the colour the "non-machined" logo would not be easy to spot, unless you were looking closely at the caliper.
I was suggesting it simply because I don't personally like non EOM logos on the car period. Whether it be brembo, nashin, stoptech etc... If anything I would add M logos to the calipers to keep a factory sleeper performance look and that would be it.
      04-12-2013, 01:57 AM   #22
_ink
Jedi samurai ninja turtle
Australia
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i 2018

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Where are the new versions that mask the logo?
Appreciate 0