E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > what would you have done?

10-29-2010, 09:25 PM   #1
theory
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i

what would you have done?

i went a new barber shop with a friend last week, he's been going there for quite some time now. the moment we sat down he said "don't go to that fat guy with the hat", so i didn't. ended up going to a tatted up guy named Chris, gave me an excellent haircut i was very happy...told myself i would be going there next time.

today i went to the shop in a rush after class and had to get a haircut at that moment. i waited there for a bit until my guy would be available but he said he has another 2 clients before me. so i thought i would settle for the one who was open who seemed like a nice guy. after i sat down and had the apron put on me, i realized that i am sitting in the chair of the 'fat guy with the hat'. i explained to him what i wanted and he began. he proceeded to cut my hair where he gave me the wrong number on the sides, i said no big deal just continue with that length. he finished up buzzing and cutting and started to do my sideburns and i noticed he started to box me out in the front. i said, whoa whoa i told you not to box me out...but it was too late. he proceeded to shave my neck where i felt him cutting against the direction in which my hair grows. this causes my pores to bleed and gives me serious razor burn. so he finished up, i tipped him generously cause i felt bad, and went on my way. i didn't want to study the haircut in the shop right in front of him because i would feel uncomfortable and make me seem like an asshole.

i went back home, showed my friend and my brother and they both said the guy fucked up my hair bad. i was so pissed i raced to the barber shop to demand my money back...my neck was all bloody, he cut into my hairline, everything was uneven and overall it looked like shit. obviously his colleagues are going to back him up so we all got into an argument and everyone gave me an attitude. one of the guys got into my face and i almost hit him if one of the guys hadn't broken it up.

i ended up getting my money back, clowned on by the employees, and they made me me seem like the bad guy.

so i am just wondering if you guys would of handled it differently...

CLIFFS:
-new barbershop literally butchered my hair, extra razor burn (yum)
-returned to the shop to demand my money back
-got laughed at and made me seem like the bad guy
-almost put some fuckin jabroni true the wall
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 09:28 PM   #2
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Let them know you don't like it by not going back. They gave you a service and you paid for it. Going back and arguing is a waste of your time. Hair grows back.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 09:28 PM   #3
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

probably wouldn't have gotten in their faces/caused a fight over the matter. Woulda asked for my money back and pushed for it...but at the same point that's what, $10? use your $$$ to show your opinion

Definitely not worth stirring things up if you liked the other guy and wanted to go back, shoulda chalked it up as a lesson learned (like your friend warned) and moved on with your day

imho of course
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 09:28 PM   #4
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

No haircut is a bad one after 2 weeks
      10-29-2010, 09:31 PM   #5
theory
Banned
Rep

well i didn't feel like throwing away $20...that's half a tank of gas for me
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 09:32 PM   #6
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by theory View Post

Nothing wrong with going back and asking for your $$$ back, but no reason to get so confrontational that you actually wanted to HIT the guy :P
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 09:32 PM   #7
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Services almost never get refunded, its a action...you paid for his time whether or not it was good or not.
      10-29-2010, 09:34 PM   #8
Buegie
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330xi

Quote:
you probably should have said something before leaving...but regardless, I'm guessing you're the one who started the argument, evidenced by you saying you thought about putting a "jabroni true the wall"
      10-29-2010, 09:50 PM   #9
theory
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buegie View Post
you probably should have said something before leaving...but regardless, I'm guessing you're the one who started the argument, evidenced by you saying you thought about putting a "jabroni true the wall"
well no...the guy gave me an attitude and he got very close to me. so i told him to get out of my face, so he got closer and asked what i was going to do.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 10:25 PM   #10
bmwmthree
Captain
Rep
Drives: bmw

the OP = shuarma = gill
/thread

btw, that "jabroni" probably would've ate you (literally).
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2010, 09:28 AM   #11
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
Nothing wrong with going back and asking for your $$$ back, but no reason to get so confrontational that you actually wanted to HIT the guy :P
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
Services almost never get refunded, its a action...you paid for his time whether or not it was good or not.
+1

It's a haircut. We've all gotten a bad haircut at somepoint in our lives. The simple solution is that you don't go back to that person or, worst case, business. Also, the fact you tipped the guy generously can be construed by them as evidence that you were pleased with your haircut when you left.

Lastly, no matter how displeased you are with something, if you go back for a refund or other rectifying solution, NEVER lose your cool. You will be amazed at how much farther that'll get you. You being flying off the handle will only begat the same reaction. For something like a haircut, it's money lost but your hair will grow back; especially if it's short. Now you know not to settle for the 'fat guy with the hat.'
      10-30-2010, 09:40 AM   #12
Chest Rockwell
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Sedan

The shop I go to has a sign that says if you don't like the cut you don't pay. I would have told the guy before I left that I wasn't paying for the steaming turd he just laid on my head and bounced. I would never go back after that though, sounds like you probably won't be anyways.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2010, 10:18 AM   #13
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Alpine White M3, S1000RR

Is $12 really worth driving back over there and getting into an argument and almost getting your shit pushed in?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2010, 11:18 AM   #14
Radiation Joe
Veni Vidi Vici
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 JB/BBe-6sp-e90

Garage List
2011 e90 M3-Sold  [8.50]
2003 RS6 - Sold  [0.00]
2009 e90 M3 - Gone  [0.00]
2003 M3 SOLD  [0.00]
old 2002  [10.00]
Actually, they probably figured you for a douche. They probably recognized that right away and snubbed you so you wouldn't come back.

Dinan compliment of stuff plus PF rotors and RG63s. Enough for now.
Why, yes. I am an abrasive bastard.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2010, 12:11 PM   #15
Tondtar
12 yr old Juvie
Vanuatu
Rep
Drives: His Mom Crazy

Garage List
1. Next time if you are not happy about a service you have received, protest about paying for it before you leave.

2. Make baseball cap your best friend for the next 2 weeks (Can be replaced with a Pirate hat or any infinite variety of head coverings this weekend if you are going to a party)

3. Never regret losing something that will eventually grow back ...That includes Love and Money. Hair is least of the problems

Last edited by Tondtar; 10-30-2010 at 04:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2010, 12:53 PM   #16
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
-almost put some fuckin jabroni true the wall
YES.
Appreciate 0