E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 3 stages of 335 coupe ownership....before I buy!

02-20-2013, 01:06 AM   #45
marine24
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by photonic View Post
Please welcome your latest 3 series coupe owner...Me! Pics to come soon (I promise). Specs: 2008 335xi weather,sports and premium package with idrive, 55K miles. Jet Black-ext Carmel (Beige)-int

Some questions...

Satellite prepared-(no clue what this entails...I have the shark fin on top but no 'SAT' options in menu). Is the receiver installed? Options list says Sat prepared....

Ipod cable in glove cmptmnt (but phone not recognized when I plug it in, no CDC in Audio menu). Lost... Is this most likely just plugged into the back of the receiver without a reprogram of the radio?

Thanks
Congrats man. Need some pics
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 10:10 PM   #46
AWil335i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Garage List
1. Excitement
2. Content
3. Modding

Appreciate 0
      02-21-2013, 09:48 AM   #47
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomsomc View Post
I've been lurking here for a while trying to find out whether or not a 335xi is a terrible mistake or not.

I recently found a 2007, NON CPO, 335xi sedan that's an good deal at only $20k and has been taken care of (it was a lease, then a CPO, and I'll be 3rd owner).

However, it sounds like no matter how well taken care of these cars are, they might just fall apart at the seams.

We've all had a girlfriend that ultimately drove us crazy, spent our money, fought with our mom, threw our stuff out the window...but was absolutely unforgettable in bed. She was awful through and through...but when you think about her, all you can think of is how those first couple weeks felt, and to this day you still have a hard time getting her out of your mind.

Is the 335xi the unforgettable girlfriend? No matter what you do, will it always be a problem? Am I trying to justify a non-CPO twin-turbo-time-bomb because I can't stop thinking about the test drive?

I really just want someone to tell me it's not worth it, and I'll walk away. I'm just afraid nobody can, because they all remember the test drive too.
Theres a reason its only $20,000. You are assuming a lessee took good care of it. All that means is regular service was done on it. Most guys here brag about driving the shit out of leased cars. I wouldnt walk away from that one.......I'd RUN.
Appreciate 0