E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Another Procede Log Help Thread

04-17-2012, 01:40 PM   #45
rader1
Banned
Rep
Drives: Cobb Stage 2+ 135i

Is it possible for Procede datalogs to be saved as a csv file?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 01:42 PM   #46
Kalud
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rader1 View Post
Is it possible for Procede datalogs to be saved as a csv file?
The log by itself is a csv to begin with. If you mean saving the format you can save the template format (Def_template.ini) and the channels setup and scaling (chan_setup.ini).
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 01:46 PM   #47
rader1
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalud View Post
The log by itself is a csv to begin with. If you mean saving the format you can save the template format (Def_template.ini) and the channels setup and scaling (chan_setup.ini).
If they're in csv format then why do people always use the procede software to view the logs? It seems to me that VD or excel does a better job. Ohh well, personal preference i guess.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 01:50 PM   #48
Kalud
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
If they're in csv format then why do people always use the procede software to view the logs? It seems to me that VD or excel does a better job. Ohh well, personal preference i guess.
It works in VD and Excel just fine but the Procede Software (log viewer) does a great job in my opinion once you know how it works and all the shortcuts (left-right-up-down arrows, page-up/page-down, P)
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 01:55 PM   #49
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Las Vegas heat + 91 octane, you wouldn't believe what meth would do to your car
Yeah no kidding
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 01:56 PM   #50
rader1
Banned
Rep

Quote:
It works in VD and Excel just fine but the Procede Software (log viewer) does a great job in my opinion once you know how it works and all the shortcuts (left-right-up-down arrows, page-up/page-down, P)
I guess it's just personal preference, but i think it helps to have everything on one graph that way things that happen at the same time become more apparant. Like you said though, once you get used to it i'm sure the log viewer works just as well.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #51
Kalud
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I guess it's just personal preference, but i think it helps to have everything on one graph that way things that happen at the same time become more apparant. Like you said though, once you get used to it i'm sure the log viewer works just as well.
There is a vertical cursor (line) that you can move to check events and it also displays the data of each channels on the left box... But its a matter of preferences... You can even load Cobb logs in the Procede viewer with some very minor changes
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 02:04 PM   #52
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
With the Procede log viewer, you can put everything on one graph of u choose to. You can define colors and axis as well. It's a far more flexible tool than most can imagine. But viewing everything on one graph is a bit confusing in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 02:05 PM   #53
rader1
Banned
Rep

Quote:
There is a vertical cursor (line) that you can move to check events and it also displays the data of each channels on the left box... But its a matter of preferences... You can even load Cobb logs in the Procede viewer with some very minor changes
ok, cool. Thanks for the insight.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 02:06 PM   #54
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
If you ever get a chance to use the Procede log viewer, I suspect you won't be going back to using VD to excel to view logs
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #55
rader1
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
With the Procede log viewer, you can put everything on one graph of u choose to. You can define colors and axis as well. It's a far more flexible tool than most can imagine. But viewing everything on one graph is a bit confusing in my opinion.
Everything on one graph can be a mindfuck sometimes lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
If you ever get a chance to use the Procede log viewer, I suspect you won't be going back to using VD to excel to view logs
Personally, once i got used to the way VD does the scaling i found it to be super simple and intuitive. I'm in no way saying VD is better, i just prefer the way it displays the data when viewing it live. The "snapshot" used to display the logs online isn't that great though.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 02:32 PM   #56
Dark9T
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Red 335i E92 AT

Quote:
Las Vegas heat + 91 octane, you wouldn't believe what meth would do to your car
Order the PWM meth kit from Vishnu already, still waiting..