E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > JB2HR + 335xi. OMFG.

02-27-2008, 10:03 PM   #1
adrian1480
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 435icp

Thumbs up JB2HR + 335xi. OMFG.

See topic title.

JB2...win.
I've had the JB2 in my car since October (car purchased in June). Taken out only for trips to the service department for various updates.

Have loved every second of ownership of it. Don't know what I'd do without it (thank you again, Terry). As with all of the JB2 owners I've encountered, never a limp mode or CEL. It's made the driving experience much more fun and makes me keep the car in "DS" mode. lol.

H+R. Even more win.
So anyway, I received my "H" and "R" from Terry earlier today. Installed quickly (once you do the process once, it's like falling off a log). As soon as I started her up with the "R" switch on, I knew there was something different about her. She was growling at me. I jumped in the car and rolled to the gas station to get some 94...stopped by the local Autozone to pick up some NOS octane booster. Didn't do anything until I got to the freeway ramp. SWEEEEET MERCY. It's not even the same car that it was with the always-impressive JB2. It's...a monster.

The roll-offs. OMG.
I did some 40mph roll-offs up to ~105mph on the freeway here in Ohio (about 20 degrees outside). It was "OMG" power. I pulled up next to a few cars going 65...floored it. "OMG" power. It's almost silly to know what I can do with this car now. I feel like a kid in a candy store with no employee to stop me from jumping in.

Thanks again, Terry for the help buying and for the product. Highly recommend the JB2 all by itself...and the H+R when you're ready for the real magic.

You'll be saying "OMGWTFBBQ" too.

(JB2HR is my only car performance modification to date)
The credit belongs to those who are actually in the arena, who strive valiantly, who know the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spend themselves in a worthy cause; who, at the best, know the triumph of high achievement and who, at the worst, if they fail, fail while daring greatly so that their place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2008, 10:17 PM   #2
IslandTurbo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i twin turbo. Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian1480 View Post
See topic title.

JB2...win.
I've had the JB2 in my car since October (car purchased in June). Taken out only for trips to the service department for various updates.

Have loved every second of ownership of it. Don't know what I'd do without it (thank you again, Terry). As with all of the JB2 owners I've encountered, never a limp mode or CEL. It's made the driving experience much more fun and makes me keep the car in "DS" mode. lol.

H+R. Even more win.
So anyway, I received my "H" and "R" from Terry earlier today. Installed quickly (once you do the process once, it's like falling off a log). As soon as I started her up with the "R" switch on, I knew there was something different about her. She was growling at me. I jumped in the car and rolled to the gas station to get some 94...stopped by the local Autozone to pick up some NOS octane booster. Didn't do anything until I got to the freeway ramp. SWEEEEET MERCY. It's not even the same car that it was with the always-impressive JB2. It's...a monster.

The roll-offs. OMG.
I did some 40mph roll-offs up to ~105mph on the freeway here in Ohio (about 20 degrees outside). It was "OMG" power. I pulled up next to a few cars going 65...floored it. "OMG" power. It's almost silly to know what I can do with this car now. I feel like a kid in a candy store with no employee to stop me from jumping in.

Thanks again, Terry for the help buying and for the product. Highly recommend the JB2 all by itself...and the H+R when you're ready for the real magic.

got a link to there site?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2008, 10:22 PM   #3
sambonator
Samtaro!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F32 N55 Alpinweiß

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandTurbo View Post
got a link to there site?
Yes check my sig
      02-27-2008, 11:22 PM   #4
XxLancaxX
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW 335xi

Garage List
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2008, 11:29 PM   #5
adrian1480
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I'd go out for another run tonight if it wasn't midnight. I'll be going out in the morning for some fun. I feel like I might not sleep well tonight. something like Christmas morning when I was 6. lol.
The credit belongs to those who are actually in the arena, who strive valiantly, who know the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spend themselves in a worthy cause; who, at the best, know the triumph of high achievement and who, at the worst, if they fail, fail while daring greatly so that their place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2008, 12:29 AM   #6
BB
n00b
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe

Congrats, glad to hear you're having fun!
      02-28-2008, 12:43 AM   #7
ModMyVi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Stock TiAg E90

what is JB2 and H+R?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2008, 01:00 AM   #8
s1eepy
-_-
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModMyVi View Post
what is JB2 and H+R?
Juice Box stage 2 and Hot pill + Race switch.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2008, 01:07 AM   #9
adrian1480
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Thanks, BB. Fun I am having.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2008, 04:26 AM   #10
who's ur daddy?
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Canada's first and only 323xi

So when you installed the JBS2, it was probably like OMFG.

When you add the H + R, is it like another OMFG on top?

I'm just trying to quantify the feeling. Trying so hard to keep my money in my pocket, but reviews like this do not help.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2008, 04:33 AM   #11
dhan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 TiAg E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by who's ur daddy? View Post

I'm just trying to quantify the feeling. Trying so hard to keep my money in my pocket, but reviews like this do not help.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2008, 07:26 AM   #12
phil_
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Panamera Turbo S

Quote:

I'm still awaiting delivery of my 335xi and I'm in the same boat as you. SSTT looks so attractive because of plug and play but these reviews are making it really hard to make up my mind.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2008, 08:14 AM   #13
who's ur daddy?
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Canada's first and only 323xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil_ View Post
I'm still awaiting delivery of my 335xi and I'm in the same boat as you. SSTT looks so attractive because of plug and play but these reviews are making it really hard to make up my mind.
Actually, I already have the JBS2. It's a great tune. The only downside is you have to poke around your ECU box to disconnect and connect wires. The price is unbeatable though. Add another $100 to be in v2 territory. Nutz.

I'm just wondering about the R switch. I told myself I'd be happy with the base tune. But stupid threads like this make me stupid itchy.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2008, 08:14 AM   #14
hotrod182
Rep
Drives: 2023 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian1480 View Post
See topic title.

JB2...win.

H+R. Even more win.

The roll-offs. OMG.

Hey, I ran a 12.261 the other week with that same set up on DR's. 0-60mph in about 3.8 seconds!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2008, 08:27 AM   #15
XLR8MF
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i sedan 2008

Listen, I have owned the Vishnu and the JB, in fact I now run the JBS2HHR. The Vishnu is a great, great product. However, I have had problems with it and I witnessed JB users beating some of the fastest V2 users. Taking this all into consideration and remembering that the JB version of "full tilt" is the JBS2HHR, and is still a third of the cost of the Vishnu tune and the JB has no problems.
Words do not describe the G-force that is felt down low. So the OMG's are not overly dramatic, they are for real.
Welcome to the JB family and have fun.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2008, 10:29 AM   #16
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep
Drives: '08 335i cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR8MF View Post
Listen, I have owned the Vishnu and the JB, in fact I now run the JBS2HHR. The Vishnu is a great, great product. However, I have had problems with it and I witnessed JB users beating some of the fastest V2 users. Taking this all into consideration and remembering that the JB version of "full tilt" is the JBS2HHR, and is still a third of the cost of the Vishnu tune and the JB has no problems.
Words do not describe the G-force that is felt down low. So the OMG's are not overly dramatic, they are for real.
+ 100
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2008, 10:49 AM   #17
sambonator
Samtaro!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F32 N55 Alpinweiß

Hahaha ya I love the power from daily driving the JB2HH. When I flip on the R on the street, its like "THIS IS INSANITY!!"
      02-28-2008, 10:57 AM   #18
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep
Drives: '08 335i cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambonator View Post
Hahaha ya I love the power from daily driving the JB2HH. When I flip on the R on the street, its like "THIS IS INSANITY!!"

hey sambonator!
are you "working" right now?

sorry OT, but was wondering: at say 10:00 a.m. i see that there are like 80 people on e90post. so u guys are all sneaking peaks and posting during work ??

too funny. btw, i am still pretty young - but retired, and am always in these forums (much to the chagrin of my wife)

cheers
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2008, 11:55 AM   #19
silvrevo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235v 6spd

Congrats, And be carful dring too. Not just getting tickets , but the speed does ramp up alful quick!

335ix with a steptronic must be the shietttttttt!

Traction must be a non issue for ya.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2008, 11:56 AM   #20
adrian1480
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

lol. sorry, but yes. If you don't have *something* under your hood to make it perform like it was made to, you're missing out. This is my first performance car, though...so my "OMG" statements are relative. Still, it's all amazing to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR8MF View Post
thank you. I am...

entertained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrevo View Post
Congrats, And be carful dring too. Not just getting tickets , but the speed does ramp up alful quick!

335ix with a steptronic must be the shietttttttt!

Traction must be a non issue for ya.
You are correct. I've not had a traction issue of any kind.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2008, 12:08 PM   #21
Bimmer335i07
BK Employee of the month! / Moderator
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Sedan

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Congrats!

+1 about never having any limp modes with the JB tuning.

Sponsored by: Pics of the ---> Barbera Beast <---
Martino Auto Concepts (Like them on Facebook MAC) Factory Trained & Authorized by BMW of North America

Matt@Camber-Toe (Like them on Facebook Camber-Toe)
LuxAngelEyes (Like them on Facebook LuxAngelEyes)
LTBMW (Like them on Facebook LTBMW)
OEMconcepts (Like them on Facebook OEMconcepts)
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2008, 12:11 PM   #22
BMW_TT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:

its below 500 bucks total. not bad.
Appreciate 0