E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Logic7 Add a Tweeter observations/questions

07-17-2013, 11:50 AM   #1
ny330xi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi

Logic7 Add a Tweeter observations/questions

I have the Logic7 system in my car, but have been playing around with some HiFi speakers in the center channel spot.

Observations

(1) while the silk dome tweeter from the HiFi system does seem to move the vocals on the sound stage nearer to the center, it doesn't seem to get there to me. More like right in front of the driver. Which is better than the current staging which has it nearer to the corner of the windshield.

(2) In blocking the air flow with the tweeter, I seem to be getting condensation on the windshield when running the AC. I hadn't seen this before; it's right above the center vent. I'm going to have to verify this with the vent clear though

(3) using the HiFi midrange in place of the Logic7 midrange in the center location seems to give quite a bit more volume.

Questions:

(1) Is there any reason I should get different staging out of the Logic7 hard dome tweeter than the Hifi soft dome? i.e., should I try this again with a different tweeter (see questions 4)?

(2) has anyone else experiences the condensation issue I mentioned above in installing a tweeter in the center vent?

(3) is there any reason the HiFi midrange should be louder than the Logic7? Same ohm rating?

(4) any reason I can't use an e65 Logic7 door tweeter in the center location?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 11:13 AM   #2
ny330xi
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Bump - anyone?

I'd like to get this thing buttoned back up.

Two questions, really

(1) (timbre matching aside) is there any reason to believe that a logic7 tweeter will provide better staging than a HiFi tweeter?

(2) if the answer to (1) is yes, is there any issue in using an e65 logic7 door tweeter, rather than an e90 rear deck tweeter?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 11:20 AM   #3
kaigoss69
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i

The HiFi tweeters are (reportedly) junk, the l7s are not that bad really. The HiFi mids are ok from what I hear. If it were me, I'd get an L7 tweeter to have piece of mind knowing that everything is matched.
      07-18-2013, 12:57 PM   #4
materialdistractions
Lieutenant
Philippines
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

I'm running the Logic 7 tweeter up front and fortunately I'm not having any condensation issues. It's been pretty hot this week in Chicago so I've been using my AC more than usual too.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 08:37 PM   #5
ny330xi
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks for the responses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigoss69 View Post
The HiFi tweeters are (reportedly) junk, the l7s are not that bad really. The HiFi mids are ok from what I hear. If it were me, I'd get an L7 tweeter to have piece of mind knowing that everything is matched.
I've been running the hifi tweeter for a couple days now, and it's not really doing much for me. Tomorrow, I'm going to try cannibalizing the rear deck for a tweeter to see what sort of difference there may actually be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccbad View Post
I'm running the Logic 7 tweeter up front and fortunately I'm not having any condensation issues. It's been pretty hot this week in Chicago so I've been using my AC more than usual too.
I'm thinking it might be from having the grille off.
Appreciate 0