E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Who has the UUC Motorwerks RK Shadow?

03-06-2008, 11:15 PM   #1
bspaceman
The Last Beautiful Free Soul On This Planet
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 335i coupe

Who has the UUC Motorwerks RK Shadow?

I have a question: Is the middle section of the shift knob (the round part where it displays the shift pattern) sealed under something or can the middle part be somehow removed and replaced?

Jet Black/Black Leather 335i coupe (totaled courtesy of the pizza kid
Sport/Premi/Comft/Nav - iDrive/Sirius/iPod/OEM Body kit, M Sideskirts, M deck lip, Miro 366s on Nitto 555 NTs, Matte Black Grills, Valentine 1 hardwire, 35% tint, BMS Lighting, BMS computer magic, BMS Dual Cone
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 11:19 PM   #2
imaznumkay
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

im sure its clearcoated/coated with something.....
if u want u can sand the shit out of it and replace the center, then repaint it with clearcoat
      03-07-2008, 03:26 PM   #3
Bulldog66
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e91 325xit

I have this shift knob. I love it, and everyone that get in my car says something good about it, and touches it. I love when people touch my knob. Yes, it is a thick clear resin over the entire unit. The combination of Leather,carbon and metal feels great, and never feels cold to the touch like an all metal shifter. 5 stars
325xiT, Manual, Titanium Silver, Black with Alum Interior, Premium Package, Sport Package, Winter Package, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, 18" 196 Wheels, ACS Springs, Tinted Windows, Chrome tips, UUC Shadow Shift knob, BMW Alum Pedal set, BMW strut brace

]
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2008, 11:47 PM   #4
bspaceman
The Last Beautiful Free Soul On This Planet
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 335i coupe

Reason why is I wanted to replace the shift pattern with a matching carbon fiber disc. It says "6-speed, matte steel or BMW roundel blue insert
(specify when ordering)", I think I may have to give them a quick call. I want the UUC matte steel but I have paddles and auto so the shift pattern wont apply.

Jet Black/Black Leather 335i coupe (totaled courtesy of the pizza kid
Sport/Premi/Comft/Nav - iDrive/Sirius/iPod/OEM Body kit, M Sideskirts, M deck lip, Miro 366s on Nitto 555 NTs, Matte Black Grills, Valentine 1 hardwire, 35% tint, BMS Lighting, BMS computer magic, BMS Dual Cone
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2008, 02:31 AM   #5
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bspaceman View Post
Reason why is I wanted to replace the shift pattern with a matching carbon fiber disc. It says "6-speed, matte steel or BMW roundel blue insert
(specify when ordering)", I think I may have to give them a quick call. I want the UUC matte steel but I have paddles and auto so the shift pattern wont apply.
I was wondering about this too.. you should try and let me know
Appreciate 0