E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > question about the dinan stg 2 & 3

05-28-2008, 04:35 AM   #1
335iBaller
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i!! twin turbo

question about the dinan stg 2 & 3

hi I've been reading about some complaints with ppl who got the revised stg 2 flash done.. I've notice some saying after putting some miles on there car their car feels like it goes back to stock..someone mentioned something about the car reflashing it back to stock setting and dinan made a mistake with AT cars.. My concern is that when I first got the car the car was amazing... Now I notice that the car doesn't feel like when I first got the car back.. I think the car might have resetted itself back to stock... By the way I have stg3 with AT transmission... Can anyone confirm this before I call dinan back about this issue... Or it might be I'm getting use to the power.... Snipe, sparkplug plz chime in
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 04:53 AM   #2
StarrDlux
Pussycat's Meow
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i montego | Stock

Adaptation. go to your dinan guy and explain. he would be glad to clear adaptations.

you can't tell when you nail it going around a common turn the fact the car smokes tire before the DTC can kick in? i sure did. I use places like that to remember how the car drives since it is stupid fast.

Rev 2 is great. it is fine. Adaptations may occur since the car was reset when you had it flashed. The AT6 learns you. Throw it in STEP mode and watch the shifts go by stupid fast.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 09:10 AM   #3
funkdoc
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Space Gray/Coral Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iBaller View Post
hi I've been reading about some complaints with ppl who got the revised stg 2 flash done.. I've notice some saying after putting some miles on there car their car feels like it goes back to stock..someone mentioned something about the car reflashing it back to stock setting and dinan made a mistake with AT cars.. My concern is that when I first got the car the car was amazing... Now I notice that the car doesn't feel like when I first got the car back.. I think the car might have resetted itself back to stock... By the way I have stg3 with AT transmission... Can anyone confirm this before I call dinan back about this issue... Or it might be I'm getting use to the power.... Snipe, sparkplug plz chime in
Baller, steve told me that stage 1, stage 3, and manuals arent affected but I would definitely hook up a boost gauge to be absolutely sure youre seeing 14 psi. You never know. If you have the flash, the stock mapping is erased so it can't revert to stock programming. If your stage 3 auto didn't load up correctly, you could possibly be seeing only 8psi right off the bat. I'm dynoing my car down here again at EIP with my revised revised stage 2 flash, so if you are down to dyno your stage 3, hit me up.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 10:05 AM   #4
Sniper1690
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Dinan Stg. III E92 335i

Baller, I don't have the same kind of miles on my Stg. III that some of the 6AT guys have on their Stg. II revised...but, as far as I can tell the power is absolutely still there. It pulls and pulls all the way to redline...still feels like a NA small block V8. I will get on it some more this week and report back, but, honestly I don't have any problems, concerns, or issues as it stands right now. I have 6MT, so maybe I have been lucky and avoided all the problems the 6AT guys are having. Attorneyscott and I will be on the same dyno that he put down 339.8rwhp and 370.5rwtq SAE with Stg. II non-revised + exhaust. It is considerably hotter and more humid now than 2 weeks ago when he dyno'd...so maybe Stg. III will show even smaller gains that anticipated. I remain steadfast from my "Initial Impressions" review...peak power may not be increased a whole lot...however, its the way power is delivered that has been dramatically changed...pulls harder, longer, and with more grunt than ever before.
"...here's a word of advice for those who have been saving their lunch money and patiently waiting for the E92 M3 V8 to come to our shores: If you encounter a 335i with a Dinan badge on the trunk, don't throw down for pink slips. This car is so fast in a straight-line drag that you'll have to hitchhike home." Roundel, April 2008 ||08 E92 335i 6MT / Montego Blue / Dinan Stage III, IC, OC, exhaust and Stage 1 Suspension / Morr VS8
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 01:51 PM   #5
335iBaller
Second Lieutenant
Rep

ok well thx for the feedback.. i'll drive the car for another week and see if it gets better.. maybe i got some bad gas or something.. but if it feels the same in 1 week im going to call dinan to see what is going on
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 04:10 PM   #6
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: A6 Allroad

335iballer pls keep in touch, see about getting a boost gauge with a peak boost memory, I am sure you can get one from Autometer.

Plug her in and secure it in the engine away from anything hot and do some runs, see what the peak boost is. You'll know immed then.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 05:01 PM   #7
335iBaller
Second Lieutenant
Rep

well i called dinan to let them know of the situation and they do know there is a problem with AT cars and said they will give me a call back by end of today or tomorrow... so i guess there is a problem for the stage II revision and the stage III with ppl who have AT... not quite sure about stage I yet
Appreciate 0