E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Comming Soon: Progman v25

03-21-2007, 05:01 PM   #111
BK
Smiling politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamprecht View Post
I am listening to educational CD's which mean it has to stop when I mute the radio or receive a phone call. Sometimes it does not stop - and it waste a couple of minutes to find the place again.

Is this fixed?
I don't know, but this drives me f-ing crazy, too. :mad: I heard that v24 still had this problem. I have been holding off updating my s/w until this particular issue is solved.
      03-21-2007, 09:36 PM   #112
azbmw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: rickshaw

Does anyone have a list of all the items Progman 25 fixes? I've seen a list for v19 - v24.

I hope v25 fixes the folding mirrors on e92s w/CA. On other models you can lock the car using the CA door handle and the exterior mirrors will fold in. For some reason that feature disappeared on the e92.

I can't wait to hear from the first person to get this update. There always seems to be something left out from pervious Progmans. v25 may fix the popup arrows but what will it break/remove?

It will be nice when BMW can figure out how to update the software remotely on all cars. They already have the ability to send and receive data to/from the car. This way all cars can have the latest software all the time. Now I'm just dreaming.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2007, 10:37 PM   #113
Greeney
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jerez E90 M3

Maybe if our cars came with a nice 3G GSM Data card haha.
      04-12-2007, 07:11 PM   #114
BasicMarinWheels
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i e90

How did it go?

To those of you who have gotten the Progman 25 update, how did it go? For example, did it give you the POI search by name? Did it fix the right screen arrow pop up issue? Did it create any problems?

Thanks for any info on how it went.

Jim
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 07:37 PM   #115
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasicMarinWheels View Post
To those of you who have gotten the Progman 25 update, how did it go? For example, did it give you the POI search by name? Did it fix the right screen arrow pop up issue? Did it create any problems?

Jim
But, yeah, many ppl have the s/w v25.00.xx (.02, .03, and now .04), and although it fixed a bunch of things and we now have POI search by Name, the nice Navi pop-up arrow, etc., the update also broke some things (naturally ). For the 335i's, we lost our RTTI functionality, and apparently, some 330i's lost VR. We're all waiting for ANOTHER s/w update to fix what these update broke. :mad:

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |

Last edited by sflgator; 04-12-2007 at 07:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 07:39 PM   #116
cdp1276
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M550 Mediterranean Blue

Garage List
2020 BMW M550  [0.00]
Quote:

Jim
I would recommend you read these two threads as they discuss this in detail. Only issue remaining is 335 owners have no RTTI and 330 owners have loss of VR. Otherwise it is a great update with 11+ improvements depending on what version you were on before.

First one has the link to the SIB that explains all the fixes.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52600
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54505
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2007, 10:44 AM   #117
BasicMarinWheels
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i e90

I'm going to hold off . . .

Thanks for the information.

Based on the apparent loss of voice recognition (I have a 2006 330i), I'm going to hold off on the update until the next revision. I really am looking forward to the name searchable POI, but I've grown accustomed to using voice recognition to initiate all my calls, and I'd be lost without it.

Anybody know when, or have an educated guess about when, they will come up with the next version that fixes the problems created by Progman 25?

Thanks again,
Jim
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2007, 12:08 PM   #118
HereAgain
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Thumbs up

Quote:
Thanks for the information.

Based on the apparent loss of voice recognition (I have a 2006 330i), I'm going to hold off on the update until the next revision. I really am looking forward to the name searchable POI, but I've grown accustomed to using voice recognition to initiate all my calls, and I'd be lost without it.

Anybody know when, or have an educated guess about when, they will come up with the next version that fixes the problems created by Progman 25?

Thanks again,
Jim
Okay Guys (& Gals),

I took mine in (330i Aug 5, 2005 Build Date) for the scheduled v25.x.x Progman update on Tuesday as scheduled and picked it up Wednesday. However, before I got out of the service drive I noticed that the Voice Recognition did not work, so I drove back in. They then kept my car another day and, according to them, the Shop Foreman fiddled with the programing and I picked it up this morning with the VR working. I was not able to get the exact Progman Version from them, however, and my CA was not there for me to badger for the version number. I'm going to call her on Monday and see if I can beg it out of her.

Anyway, I just got home with it and what I can tell you so far is the VR is much more accurate; I don't have to yell at it anymore. And the interface is really nice, the color(s) blend much better with the black dash, etc. Also the response time is way faster. So far I am pleased.

If any of you have any specific functionality checks you'd like me to make for you, let me know and I'll do my best. But bottom line, IMO, the upgrade is well worth it. And hopefully I can get the Progman version for reference on Monday. If I can, I will, of course, post it here.

I love iDrive!

Cheers!
      05-04-2007, 12:30 PM   #119
ScBlacksunshine
YUGO is my dream car
Rep
Drives: Bayerische Motoren Werke

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereAgain View Post
Okay Guys (& Gals),

I took mine in (330i Aug 5, 2005 Build Date) for the scheduled v25.x.x Progman update on Tuesday as scheduled and picked it up Wednesday. However, before I got out of the service drive I noticed that the Voice Recognition did not work, so I drove back in. They then kept my car another day and, according to them, the Shop Foreman fiddled with the programing and I picked it up this morning with the VR working. I was not able to get the exact Progman Version from them, however, and my CA was not there for me to badger for the version number. I'm going to call her on Monday and see if I can beg it out of her.

Anyway, I just got home with it and what I can tell you so far is the VR is much more accurate; I don't have to yell at it anymore. And the interface is really nice, the color(s) blend much better with the black dash, etc. Also the response time is way faster. So far I am pleased.

If any of you have any specific functionality checks you'd like me to make for you, let me know and I'll do my best. But bottom line, IMO, the upgrade is well worth it. And hopefully I can get the Progman version for reference on Monday. If I can, I will, of course, post it here.

I love iDrive!

Cheers!
See this thread for upgrade on the VR

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...t=59238&page=2
      05-04-2007, 01:00 PM   #120
bartman32
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

Garage List
2017 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereAgain View Post
Okay Guys (& Gals),

I love iDrive!

Cheers!
I see you are Newport Beach. Where do you take your car and who do you talk to? This is my third BMW and I've never been impressed with the service guys.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2007, 03:01 PM   #121
HereAgain
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartman32 View Post
I see you are Newport Beach. Where do you take your car and who do you talk to? This is my third BMW and I've never been impressed with the service guys.
I take it to Crevier, which is where I bought it. John Thatcher is my CA.
      05-04-2007, 03:33 PM   #122
sajewiczmd
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330xi, 911 C4 Cabriolet

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
i have an appointment for may 16th. is it ok to ask for a specific progman version when i bring my car in. i told them about a few of the problems i was having and they scheduled the appointment, but maybe when i show up for the appointment, i should say something like "i was doing some searching on the internet and found that progman 25.1.1 fixes all my problems..."

what do you guys think? should i be that blatant or wait for them to fix my idrvie prob and break the VR and them let them fix the VR..

I LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2007, 04:36 PM   #123
bartman32
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

Garage List
2017 M2  [0.00]
I believe there is a listing on a thread somewhere that is from an offical BMW notice that shows what it fixes. You could take that in and say these are my problems and according to BMW this fixes it.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2007, 08:33 AM   #124
cobradac
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '05 645Ci Coupe

Garage List
2005 645Ci  [0.00]
Might be elsewhere but this is one location:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=167

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajewiczmd View Post
i have an appointment for may 16th. is it ok to ask for a specific progman version when i bring my car in. i told them about a few of the problems i was having and they scheduled the appointment, but maybe when i show up for the appointment, i should say something like "i was doing some searching on the internet and found that progman 25.1.1 fixes all my problems..."

what do you guys think? should i be that blatant or wait for them to fix my idrvie prob and break the VR and them let them fix the VR..
Appreciate 0