E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Xd400 amp won't turn on

08-09-2016, 01:12 PM   #1
DJWabbles
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 318i E90 Sedan 2009

Xd400 amp won't turn on

Hello guys,

Hope I can get some assistance.

Today my amp was working fine and parked it in a multi story car park. Came back turn in the ignition, wants to change my phone so got phone charger and in it went into the cig lighter and that blew and the fuse went as I have two cig lighter charges.

After that noticed only sound coming from rear speakers and not front or sub woofers.

I checked the Amp and there's no light at all. The Amp comes on when the car starts first through rear speakers as they are hooked up to the radio amp and then the front come on.

Not too sure what to check for.

I need to replace the cigarette lighter fuse tomorrow but do you guys it could be that or am I missing?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2016, 10:27 PM   #2
6spdcoupe
tends to get irritable
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 F15,18 M550,20 Highlander

Did you use a remote turn on to turn the amp on ? If so, likely used the one from your cig lighter socket and once that fuse is replaced it will work again. To avoid this, just use the signal sense on within the amp.

AC Schnitzer/Eibach/M Performance/RaceChip/Compustar/Drone/BimmerTech/FireTV/Helix/Dynaudio/Micro-Precision/Jehnert/Audiomobile
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2016, 10:12 AM   #3
DJWabbles
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 318i E90 Sedan 2009

Yup did change the fuse and is working now
Appreciate 0