E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Official NorCal Chat Thread (#11)

Closed Thread

05-29-2013, 12:53 AM   #5457
nsquared
[Versatile]
Rep
Drives: (S)LOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutdas11 View Post
Put a BMW emblem on it. :

Funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahhvinn View Post
I remember you telling me about your previous car. I can see the two worlds blending. Honestly I like it and think that similar mods it'll all come together. As for making it more BMW, don't worry about that. Haha. I can't wait to see it finished and installed! Post more pics of the process if you don't mind!
Will post pics and thanks !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1oh7 View Post
So what does this wooden pipe do? No heatsoak? More airflow plus noise???
Nothing, its just a look of the original pipe. It comes in black and silver. Instead of those two colors I decided to hydrodip it wood. Just makes it look different if I ever need to open my engine bay and show it off. Not all of us have ESS superchargers with custom engine covers. This just makes it stand out a bit.
'20 AW F87 X3MC - Sold
Current: `23 Chalk G80 M3CX | Ordered: '24 M3CS - Week37 build.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 01:24 AM   #5458
manutdas11
EL JIMMY NEURON
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1oh7
Oh boy, so I guess I was driving too fast down my street and I got home, then I remembered I had to go back out and get bread and bodywash at the Fresh and Easy. This time I drive slow just because. So I see a man with a baby crossing, I slow to a stop and then notice he starts coming at me, my windows are down of course. Then he says to be, "Hey, don't go anywhere." And proceeds to stand right in front of me. "Don't be driving down here at 50mph, there's a lot of kids out here."(there wasn't) I said "okay, I was in a hurry." His response of course, was "I don't care if you are in a hurry." I really wanted to say, "I understand, I have kids too, but at least I don't have to hide behind them to approach another man to tell him, of all things, to slow the fuck down." So on the way back I know he and his neighbors were mad dogging me, but I was laughing at the thought of a pic a friend had sent me moments before, so at the corner taking me down to my house I turned the wheel sharply and decided to floor it to 3500-5000RPMs to make the tires squeal just enough to serve as a passive "fuck you." The main problem is, I don't believe I was and the fact that my new intake sounds beastly might make it seem like I am going fast when the tach tells me differently or even my bodykit coveys it as well. Oh well, looks like I'm a public enemy now. Seriously though, "let me hide behind my child and tell this guy to slow down so I know he won't get out of his car and kick my ass." Are you fucking serious? Not that I would get out of my car to kick his ass anyways, and it also seemed like he attempted to foul the road by leaving his water hose out towards the center of the road with the water running, was that supposed to make me afraid? I'm halfway expecting my doorbell to ring either tonight or sometime later this week.
LOL. Good luck with that.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 02:11 AM   #5459
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep
Drives: 2016 i8

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Oh boy, so I guess I was driving too fast down my street and I got home, then I remembered I had to go back out and get bread and bodywash at the Fresh and Easy. This time I drive slow just because. So I see a man with a baby crossing, I slow to a stop and then notice he starts coming at me, my windows are down of course. Then he says to be, "Hey, don't go anywhere." And proceeds to stand right in front of me. "Don't be driving down here at 50mph, there's a lot of kids out here."(there wasn't) I said "okay, I was in a hurry." His response of course, was "I don't care if you are in a hurry." I really wanted to say, "I understand, I have kids too, but at least I don't have to hide behind them to approach another man to tell him, of all things, to slow the fuck down." So on the way back I know he and his neighbors were mad dogging me, but I was laughing at the thought of a pic a friend had sent me moments before, so at the corner taking me down to my house I turned the wheel sharply and decided to floor it to 3500-5000RPMs to make the tires squeal just enough to serve as a passive "fuck you." The main problem is, I don't believe I was and the fact that my new intake sounds beastly might make it seem like I am going fast when the tach tells me differently or even my bodykit coveys it as well. Oh well, looks like I'm a public enemy now. Seriously though, "let me hide behind my child and tell this guy to slow down so I know he won't get out of his car and kick my ass." Are you fucking serious? Not that I would get out of my car to kick his ass anyways, and it also seemed like he attempted to foul the road by leaving his water hose out towards the center of the road with the water running, was that supposed to make me afraid? I'm halfway expecting my doorbell to ring either tonight or sometime later this week.
wut
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 02:18 AM   #5460
manutdas11
EL JIMMY NEURON
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinrock
Quote:
wut
lol Ryan
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 12:31 AM   #5461
Eagle1oh7
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 328i Sedan

Got word from my vendor and the CSL trunk I ordered 2 months ago will be in stock next Wednesday! Finally! LOL!
DONE: Seibon CF Hood, M3 Rep, MSport rear w/DD CF Diffuser, M3 Rep Skirts, Seibon CSL trunklid, Forgestar F14 18s w/Michelin PSS, Eisenmann catback, AA Headers, BPC Stage 2, Charcoal Delete+revMotor+AFE Drop In filter
FUTURE MODS: LED headlights, CF rooftop, M3 Suspension Conversion, Dinan CAI Mod
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 01:51 AM   #5462
Mahhvinn
EUROPROJEKTZ
United_States
Rep
Drives: backwards

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [7.00]
Had a lil fun with an M3 tonight.

#TeamStretchNPoke
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 02:02 AM   #5463
Delusive
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bagged E92

Quote:
Had a lil fun with an M3 tonight.
Raced or were you driving one?
      05-30-2013, 02:14 AM   #5464
Mahhvinn
EUROPROJEKTZ
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS-NA.E92 View Post
Raced or were you driving one?
Friendly pull from a stoplight. Not sure if he was goin' at it but I pulled away. LOL.

#TeamStretchNPoke
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 02:35 AM   #5465
Delusive
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Friendly pull from a stoplight. Not sure if he was goin' at it but I pulled away. LOL.
Nice, lol. What kind of M3 Generation was it?
      05-30-2013, 02:42 AM   #5466
Mahhvinn
EUROPROJEKTZ
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS-NA.E92 View Post
Nice, lol. What kind of M3 Generation was it?
2009+ E90 M3 with TE37SL's, exhaust, and lowered. I tried giving him a compliment at the light but I think he ignored me. Then the light turned green so he floored it but I caught him and passed him. At the next light, he gave me a peace sign and made a right turn.

#TeamStretchNPoke
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 02:49 AM   #5467
nsquared
[Versatile]
Rep
Drives: (S)LOW.

Good stuff.
'20 AW F87 X3MC - Sold
Current: `23 Chalk G80 M3CX | Ordered: '24 M3CS - Week37 build.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 02:57 AM   #5468
Delusive
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
2009+ E90 M3 with TE37SL's, exhaust, and lowered. I tried giving him a compliment at the light but I think he ignored me. Then the light turned green so he floored it but I caught him and passed him. At the next light, he gave me a peace sign and made a right turn.
I bet he was like the asian dude in the first Fast & The Furious at 40 sec mark when you caught up
      05-30-2013, 01:34 PM   #5469
Grant@JGMODS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS-NA.E92
Quote:
I bet he was like the asian dude in the first Fast & The Furious at 40 sec mark when you caught up
Or was it like Fast Five when they let off the gas during the race with the cop cars to let Brian win?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 05:48 PM   #5470
whoisthat
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is 6MT

Hey NorCal! In the Burlingame area now (was previously in sunnyvale)

Quick Q - I just received my V1 back from them after i sent it in for a much needed software/hardware update... And now it's crazy, alerting me every second or so on 101/280/82, pretty much anywhere there's a road and another car. I know that its most likely everyone elses cars with lane departure systems and the newer cruise controls etc... Almost ALL alerts are coming in on K band but I did get a few today on the X.

My question, Is it safe to disable K - band on the V1 in the area, or are they using it up here? Anyone else have this issue after the latest update?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 06:49 PM   #5471
a31cefiro
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Typical BMW owner stereotype successfully reinforced. Thanks buddy.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 09:09 PM   #5472
Eagle1oh7
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by a31cefiro View Post
Typical BMW owner stereotype successfully reinforced. Thanks buddy.
Funny thing is a guy further down has an E92.
DONE: Seibon CF Hood, M3 Rep, MSport rear w/DD CF Diffuser, M3 Rep Skirts, Seibon CSL trunklid, Forgestar F14 18s w/Michelin PSS, Eisenmann catback, AA Headers, BPC Stage 2, Charcoal Delete+revMotor+AFE Drop In filter
FUTURE MODS: LED headlights, CF rooftop, M3 Suspension Conversion, Dinan CAI Mod
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 09:53 PM   #5473
Route 16
I got lei'd
Philippines
Rep
Drives: '10 E90 M3

Quote:
Funny thing is a guy further down has an E92.
Cot damn sailor. Hey how much did your shop charge for painting the whole car?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 10:01 PM   #5474
Eagle1oh7
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 16 View Post
Cot damn sailor. Hey how much did your shop charge for painting the whole car?
I didn't do it. But it would have cost up to $7500! I'll keep it SG, the color did grow on me, but that Monte Carlo Blue is so sexy.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2013, 12:38 AM   #5475
Mahhvinn
EUROPROJEKTZ
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [7.00]
Quote:
I didn't do it. But it would have cost up to $7500! I'll keep it SG, the color did grow on me, but that Monte Carlo Blue is so sexy.
Insurance can be your friend if done right.

#TeamStretchNPoke
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2013, 12:54 AM   #5476
Eagle1oh7
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Insurance can be your friend if done right.
You want to vandalize my car?
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2013, 12:55 AM   #5477
Route 16
I got lei'd
Philippines
Rep
Drives: '10 E90 M3

Yeah we gotchu dude! You can blame the neighbor.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-31-2013, 01:15 AM   #5478
manutdas11
EL JIMMY NEURON
United_States
Rep

:
Depending what insurance you have and the guy that comes out to see your car then you can maybe pull it off. I tried but they would only cover the OEM color of the car.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread