E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > Not available anymore - One of a kind E92 335D - Stage 3

07-03-2015, 10:55 AM   #1
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Not available anymore - One of a kind E92 335D - Stage 3

Guys it really hurts me to do this but i might have to sell my pride and joy. I have baby on the way and we are in the process of moving house, and thinking about the long term of my family's future, i am thinking it may be better to sell the car.

This car has been very tastefully modded and no expense has been spared. It is a 2008 (58) E92 335D SE in Sparkling Graphite with Coral Red interior, but a lot has changed since then. Mileage is 67500.

I am not sure what options were standard/optional so i am listing what i think is relevant:

Stock options:

Professional CCC
Light Package
Cruise Control with Brake Function
Rear PDC
Split armrest
Heated seats
M Sport Suspension (not anymore see below)
Xenon Lights (modded see below section)
Sports seat
Full electric memory seats

Modifications

Performance

Turbo Dynamics Hybrid Turbos
Wagner Intercooler
Ecotune DPF Delete Pipe with Sports Cat
Ecotune remap (with iFlash handheld device with 3 maps to choose from)
Stainless Steel brake lines
EBC Yellowstuff pads and Ultimax discs

Handling

Ohlins R&T coilovers
Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires

Exterior

Front M Sport bumper with fog delete
M3 side skirts (reps)
M3 rear lip
Rear M Sport bumper
BMW Performance diffuser
Cyba 3.8" exhaust tips
Rear genuine BMW LCI lights
BMW Performance kidney grills
Shadowline vinyl wrap in gloss black
Gloss black mirror caps
LED angel eye retrofit (from Josh @ LiteAngels)
Ispiri ISR10 19" alloys (8.5j and 10j) from CM Wheels around a month or 2 ago

Interior

M3 paddle retrofit
M3 steering wheel with gloss black fascia plate
BMW Performance gear knob with gaitor
BMW M aluminium pedals
Vinyl wrapped part of the dash trim
Dashcam included
Stock floor mats and winter mats included
Gladen audio system with Helix P-DSP

Service/Maintenance

Full BMW service history plus lots of my own, as i intended too keep this car until it was 200k+.

Pre 36k is listed in the service manual, don't have it right now (somewhere in my room) but it was all BMW service history. I got the car at 36k:

40k miles Engine Oil and Fuel Filter (done by myself)
44k miles Yellowstuff brake pads
48k miles 3rd Major service @ BMW(i think engine oil, microfilter and something else)
49k miles Brake fluid change and main thermostat replaced @ BMW
50k miles EGR thermostat replaced, coolant flush, and engine oil change
54k miles ATF change, brake fluid change and SS brake lines @ A1BN
57k miles Engine oil @ BMW
61k miles EBC Yellowstuff brake pads and Ultimax discs
62k miles EGR/DPF delete, PMW swirl flap blanks, breather valve and engine oil changed @ Ecotune in Glasgow (amongst the stage 3 upgrades)

As you can see from the above no expense has been spared to transform this car. The Ecotune work is truly amazing, just feathering the pedal makes you feel it. The iFlash comes with 3 maps, 290bhp, 350bhp and 422bhp and can be easily switched between them via OBD. At WOT it is truly terrifying. This car would easily beat an M3 and still return over 45mpg on a steady motorway run. It goes without saying the car gets looks wherever she goes.

I will also throw in custom rear swift springs (672lb.ft) and solid rear subframe bushes at asking price. Potential buyer could then decide if he wants to fit them.

Considering I have spent over £7000 on this car, and a stock 2008 335d with 70-80k miles goes for 13-14k on Autotrader, i want £16,000 OVNO. No test pilots or wannabes, for a test drive you will have to provide written proof of insurance. Any one who is thinking of it, you really need to feel the power to make the decision.

I can't believe i am even contemplating this. I really don't want to sell this and will still try and make it happen, but it's doubtful.

If i have forgotten anything please let me know.

Haven't taken any recent pics, and some of the pics below was the car returning from Glasgow without a wash:

Last edited by mob17; 07-28-2015 at 08:11 AM..
Appreciate 1
      07-03-2015, 11:04 AM   #2
Ess
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335d

Really sad to see you're going to part with this amazing machine. Glws nevertheless Mo.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2015, 11:34 AM   #3
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Thats a beast!
Very tastefully moded and lot of money has been spent.
Good luck with sale and I feel your pain (going through similar phase).
      07-03-2015, 12:13 PM   #4
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

GLWS buddy as it's always sad to have to do this. Excellent motor for sure.

Fully understand though as I've been there.
      07-03-2015, 12:19 PM   #5
jrp73
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 330D

Cracking looking car mate won't take long to sell for sure.

Modded front and rear lights make a huge difference!
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2015, 12:36 PM   #6
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

ALOT of car for the Money Mo. 3 years ago when I was looking and this came up my god I'd be on the phone to you.

Really sad to see this go but let's hope it stays in the community and you srill get to see her whereabouts from time to time.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2015, 02:16 PM   #7
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks for all the kind words guys. It is sad i thought i would keep this forever. I don't know what made me think but the last week i've been thinking about my first child who is due to be born in a month, and just feel nows the time to start thinking about my family.

Also i think £16k is a very good price, considering the Ohlins and Stage 3 work is easily £5k! What do you guys think?

Not in a huge rush to sell but wanted to give this community the first chance to buy this car, as without everyone on here i wouldn't have known how best to mod
Appreciate 1
      07-04-2015, 03:30 PM   #8
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Having thought of this and seeing more ads, i think £16k is too low. Might raise to £17k...

Any feedback on pricing of my car?
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2015, 03:58 PM   #9
Iforb
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F31 330D/E92 335D

It's a difficult one to price a car like this really. It's too much for a normal punter who just wants an E92, but it's worth every penny to those who appreciate such a stonking car.

It'll find it's value when someone buys it!
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2015, 04:21 AM   #10
gangzoom
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E90 335i M sport

Good luck with your car sale, its a fantastic package, and thanks for sorting out the EBC deals for the forum members

Pistonheads would be my first bet, that's where I sold mine - reasonably quickly. You get a free 30 day advert, so theres nothing to loss from sticking it on.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2015, 10:40 AM   #11
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iforb View Post
It's a difficult one to price a car like this really. It's too much for a normal punter who just wants an E92, but it's worth every penny to those who appreciate such a stonking car.

It'll find it's value when someone buys it!
That's true. I'm having second thoughts tho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangzoom View Post
Good luck with your car sale, its a fantastic package, and thanks for sorting out the EBC deals for the forum members

Pistonheads would be my first bet, that's where I sold mine - reasonably quickly. You get a free 30 day advert, so theres nothing to loss from sticking it on.
No worries, was glad to help with the EBC stuff. Shame one of the EBC guys got on here and tracked my supplier down!

I remember your car sold pretty quickly, and i guess i'm just refraining from pistonheads as i don't want it to go. I was driving it this week in the hot weather, and i'm still very much in love. I literally feather the pedal and it flies.

Guess i have more thinking to do if i really want to sell it. No matter what i get it will feel and look shit compared to this
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2015, 10:45 AM   #12
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
That's true. I'm having second thoughts tho!

No worries, was glad to help with the EBC stuff. Shame one of the EBC guys got on here and tracked my supplier down!

I remember your car sold pretty quickly, and i guess i'm just refraining from pistonheads as i don't want it to go. I was driving it this week in the hot weather, and i'm still very much in love. I literally feather the pedal and it flies.

Guess i have more thinking to do if i really want to sell it. No matter what i get it will feel and look shit compared to this
Mo
I feel how you are feeling.
Exactly similar feeling what I had when I was contemplating the idea of selling my car.
I had plan B (borrow 20K from dad and return it) but then I thought..... Sam, you do it now and do it properly. What is the point of having decent car when you have to pay back good amount of money. Made my mind and once I am on something then I do not revert back. I just hope that it goes and I do not have to use my dad like a credit card.

Your car is beauty and it will sell in no time.
      07-05-2015, 12:54 PM   #13
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Mo
I feel how you are feeling.
Exactly similar feeling what I had when I was contemplating the idea of selling my car.
I had plan B (borrow 20K from dad and return it) but then I thought..... Sam, you do it now and do it properly. What is the point of having decent car when you have to pay back good amount of money. Made my mind and once I am on something then I do not revert back. I just hope that it goes and I do not have to use my dad like a credit card.

Your car is beauty and it will sell in no time.
It's just whenever i see and drive my car i think no, i've spent so much effort doing it like i want it, and selling it would be a right shame. But then when i do sums on my spreadsheet, the bank balance looks a lot better without the BMW. If i wasn't married and becoming a father, i would do anything to keep it.

Think i'm just going to bite the bullet and put it up on pistonheads
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2015, 01:01 PM   #14
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
It says a 30 day advert for £11.99? Don't mind paying it but how did you get yours for free?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2015, 01:04 PM   #15
3sgte
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
It says a 30 day advert for £11.99? Don't mind paying it but how did you get yours for free?
You need to be long serving member
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2015, 01:10 PM   #16
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

Wasn't expecting this Mo, but as you've said for some time family, house and baby things have been more on your mind.

Car chaps the last time I saw it was clean very clean underneath. For some one looking for a diesel with a difference you've perhaps have just found heaven

GLWS and the baby
      07-05-2015, 01:38 PM   #17
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sgte View Post
You need to be long serving member
Oh never mind, i'll just pay it

Quote:
Originally Posted by old grey steve View Post
Wasn't expecting this Mo, but as you've said for some time family, house and baby things have been more on your mind.

Car chaps the last time I saw it was clean very clean underneath. For some one looking for a diesel with a difference you've perhaps have just found heaven

GLWS and the baby
Thanks for the feedback Steve

I never expected it either but sometimes you have to make sacrifices, no matter how much they hurt, and this one does hurt!

Just going to take some interior pics tomorrow then probably put it on PH for 16,995, unless i get cold feet again!
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2015, 02:02 PM   #18
tomwh85
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW e90 335d

Can't believe this is up for sale, it only seems 2 mins ago since you did the stage 3 upgrade.

If I didn't have mine this would be for me.

Glws the sale mate.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2015, 03:41 PM   #19
gangzoom
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E90 335i M sport

Family/House before car every time

It's got all the perfect mods, and looks fab, am sure it'll go quickly.

I thought I was going to have to pay on pistonheads until the last step, where because I've been registered on there for a while got a 'free' 30 day ad.....On a side note, I hear once a sprog arrives your life is pretty much over for the next 18 years
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2015, 03:47 PM   #20
gaza01
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Wow! Didnt see this coming but needs must and family always first. If i didnt have my 335i id be all over this. Proper machine!!!
Good luck mate
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2015, 02:23 PM   #21
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwh85 View Post
Can't believe this is up for sale, it only seems 2 mins ago since you did the stage 3 upgrade.

If I didn't have mine this would be for me.

Glws the sale mate.
Thanks Tom. To be honest i'm still not sure. Everytime i drive the car i start thinking no way can i sell this.

Quote:
Family/House before car every time

It's got all the perfect mods, and looks fab, am sure it'll go quickly.

I thought I was going to have to pay on pistonheads until the last step, where because I've been registered on there for a while got a 'free' 30 day ad.....On a side note, I hear once a sprog arrives your life is pretty much over for the next 18 years
Lol yeah i've heard that too about children. Our little boy is due in about a months time, feel quite nervous about the whole baby coming out of you know where. I aint gonna look.

I'm finding it harder everyday to let go. I know its only a car but i've had some good times in this. Same with the wife, she likes it too. Suprised with her as she is always banging on about how the car is just a car lol.

I can afford to keep it, it's just if i sell it i will have more money. More damn thinking required lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaza01 View Post
Wow! Didnt see this coming but needs must and family always first. If i didnt have my 335i id be all over this. Proper machine!!!
Good luck mate
Thanks Shaun. I think yours looks much better and if i do keep it i'll try and do that hump you got
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2015, 03:37 PM   #22
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Having said all of the above, it is now on Pistonheads for £16,995
Appreciate 0