E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Excessive long cranks after hpfp change

02-09-2014, 09:15 PM   #1
dx1541
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335is blue water metallic

Excessive long cranks after hpfp change

Hi guys

Just wondering if anyone had the same issue as what I got with my car after a new HPFP change.

My car experienced a persistent 29DC fault code ' injection system switch off ' earlier on all maps of the JB4 ISO G5 I was running. Bear in mind I am running E60 with the BMW Cobb back end flash. Months ago I was running pure E77 without any issues whatsoever consistently running Map 7 on FBO.

After going through all possible routes on what the root cause might be ( I replaced the LPFP with a 450 l/hr full E85 pump then ) I finally nailed it down to be the HPFP itself as it was no longer possible to boost the car anymore.

Took the liberty of buying a new HPFP unit from a fellow stockist and made the swap in half hour or so. Upon collection of the car after the warmup I nailed the car in map 7 2nd to 4th gear all the way to 6500 rpms, no codes no shudder no half engine lights whatsoever

However during delivery of the car when I first crank the car, it was not starting strongly as it used to do but I thought was maybe normal due to the new pump change.

But then again from the next morning onwards, when I try to crank the car, it would give a 3 to 4 sec long crank before starting. This is on cold. On warm its fine.

When I try the car again, the car runs fine and strongly on map 7 thus I know the 29DC fault is no longer present.

Just puzzles me why the long crank is there. Take note that on the previous pump while it was failing and dying out, the car starts very strongly, 1 sec is all it took to start it.

Any help would be appreciated here.

For any guys having the persistent 29DC fault where it causes a half check engine light and shudders, its the HPFP for sure on its way out. This began as I consistently ran E85 in my car and slowly what it did was to wear out the pump.

Mind you, during this period it took out the HPFP sensor at the front as well thus too much of E85 really is not good but on the contrary its soooo addictive, running any other maps other than map 7 just doesn't cut it for me.
Appreciate 0