E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Vishnu?

Closed Thread

02-11-2013, 10:35 AM   #67
Rotorocious
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

in before the 3 page long response from Vishnu
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 10:40 AM   #68
Transport3r
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 N55 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bme30 View Post
I made the switch too. Lack of support finally got to me.
I will say that the Vishnu meth kit is far superior compared to the BMS kit though
With that said the jb4 makes some serious power!
I'm thinking Cobb ATR + Aquamist HFS-4

After I save enough moniez..

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 10:49 AM   #69
Bme30
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transport3r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bme30 View Post
I made the switch too. Lack of support finally got to me.
I will say that the Vishnu meth kit is far superior compared to the BMS kit though
With that said the jb4 makes some serious power!
I'm thinking Cobb ATR + Aquamist HFS-4

After I save enough moniez..
The hsf 4 is the way to go. Progressive meth is the way to do it.
The on/off approach is just subpar in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 11:09 AM   #70
rismo
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 335

He actually is still working on the platform. He developed a custom flash for me 1,5 week ago... As the current flash was not completly perfect for the European market.
It was a flash for RB's, FlexFuel and EU gas/DME.
BMW 335 E92 09 - Full options - DKG - MHD by Buraq - RB Next Gen - RB Inlets/Outlet - Forge Diverter Valves - AR Catless DP - Afe Intake - Helix IC - FuelIT Stage 2 LPFP - Ar Oil Cooler - PPK Water Cooler - M3 Suspension - JRZ RS1 Shocks - Eibach Pro Springs - Drexler LSD - BMW IS Exhaust - Carbon Endurance Brake Pads - Stainless Steel Brake Lines - M101 Wheels - Michelin PS2 - M-Tech Body - M-Strutbar
BMW M550i G30 2019 - BM3
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 11:11 AM   #71
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

I hope everyone realizes that businesses outside of E90 Post still exist.... the assumptions are pretty funny in here.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 12:08 PM   #72
turb0mik3
Rep
Drives: E90 335i Racecar

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions View Post
I hope everyone realizes that businesses outside of E90 Post still exist.... the assumptions are pretty funny in here.
+1

HG Motorsports | Motiv Motorsport | Sparta Evolution | BBS Motorsports | Sabelt | JRZ |
NASA ST1 SoCal --- 554whp/487wtrq --- 3200lbs <<YouTube Channel w/ Race Videos>>
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 01:46 PM   #73
Garrett@Vishnu
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2K

Hey guys,

Business as usual here at Vishnu HQ, We have been involved with some new and exciting enterprises which im sure Shiv will be posting about soon. If you require support, feel free to send us your datalogs directly for some feedback. Also, if you need immediate support, give us a call during normal business hours. Be sure to leave us a voicemail if we are assisting other customers, or just PM me and ill help you out!
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 02:03 PM   #74
JStang
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: FDB M3 CS

Sounds like Vishnu needs to hire some new guys to help with customer service requests.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 02:14 PM   #75
Transport3r
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett@Vishnu View Post
Hey guys,

Business as usual here at Vishnu HQ, We have been involved with some new and exciting enterprises which im sure Shiv will be posting about soon. If you require support, feel free to send us your datalogs directly for some feedback. Also, if you need immediate support, give us a call during normal business hours. Be sure to leave us a voicemail if we are assisting other customers, or just PM me and ill help you out!
Hey Garrett, thanks for chiming in! Have you guys been really swamped or understaffed? like I said you guys make a good product, but the failed bad procede diagnosis my friend had to go though wasn't very confidence inspiring from our end towards whichever member of your team told him the unit was fine..

Also new enterprises concerning the N54?

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 02:22 PM   #76
Dmacc
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory View Post
Shiv is running a modified suspension, different rear gearing & drag slicks. He is just .3 seconds quicker and 2.5 mph faster then a car running street tires, stock gearing, thousands less in parts, 100+ less horsepower & a slipping transmission.

Since his car is the only one doing it out of ten or twelve cars with the ST I don't really see the point.
I see your point, but remember that was his only pass at the track, he has not been back since they told him to put a cage in, which he now has. I'm sure he can crank out better than a 10.8 and I'm sure he knows that too. I understand your judgment off of data presented, but it doesn't always hurt to give someone the benefit of the doubt. Tracks are opening up again soon here, lets hold our judgement until another pass, 2013 is going to be a great year for the n54! Especially with all the toys coming out like Vargas' stage 3 kit and dare I say HPF ST kit!?!?

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 03:11 PM   #77
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep

So I guess for anyone trying to cut 10's its against the rules to modify your car? Everyone knows Shiv's car has more in it. Putting down that kind of power on this platform is not easy. If it was, everyone would be doing it....

Even Terry's car has more in it...Perfect runs including perfect launches, perfect gear changes, and no problems inbetween. Neither party has had a successful perfect run, until then, all the data is just relative to the conditions and problems they have had. Whether it was not the best launch, gear change, or what have you.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 03:30 PM   #78
Dmacc
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
So I guess for anyone trying to cut 10's its against the rules to modify your car? Everyone knows Shiv's car has more in it. Putting down that kind of power on this platform is not easy. If it was, everyone would be doing it....

Even Terry's car has more in it...Perfect runs including perfect launches, perfect gear changes, and no problems inbetween. Neither party has had a successful perfect run, until then, all the data is just relative to the conditions and problems they have had. Whether it was not the best launch, gear change, or what have you.
+1 It takes more than just horsepower to run 10's, lady luck also has to be on your side as well!

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 03:36 PM   #79
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacc View Post
+1 It takes more than just horsepower to run 10's, lady luck also has to be on your side as well!
My first time out on the track I ran mid 13's with a tune and meth. So are we to assume that Tune and Meth cars run 13's? Or does that mean there is room left in it and I spun 1st and 2nd gear like it was my job and bogged into 3rd.

IT's all relative.

To assume Terry or Shiv has maxxed out their times would be plain silly. They both got more room left, especially Shiv. Case closed.

Lady luck brings the cool dense air, low humidity, perfect DA, and excellent track prep haha

Why do you think there is the stereotypical joke all supra's run 11's regardless of power, it's hard to run 10's, you need ideal setups, drivers, and prep!
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 04:36 PM   #80
Garrett@Vishnu
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transport3r View Post
Hey Garrett, thanks for chiming in! Have you guys been really swamped or understaffed? like I said you guys make a good product, but the failed bad procede diagnosis my friend had to go though wasn't very confidence inspiring from our end towards whichever member of your team told him the unit was fine..

Also new enterprises concerning the N54?
Lets just say we do the best with the resources we have at hand. It can sometimes be difficult to troubleshoot a problem over the phone, imo it depends on the level of communication you have with the customer and sometimes additional means are necessary to diagnose such a problem.

You can expect a new development in the single turbo realm to be announced soon!
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 04:43 PM   #81
Transport3r
Major
Rep

Quote:
Lets just say we do the best with the resources we have at hand. It can sometimes be difficult to troubleshoot a problem over the phone, imo it depends on the level of communication you have with the customer and sometimes additional means are necessary to diagnose such a problem.
This was a unit sent back to Vishnu with clear notes on the issue, apparently it ran fine in your test car. After sending it back to you a second time it was replaced with a new unit because it was a bad unit. Either way, boost issues are solved with his car now, except now he's running out of fuel...

Quote:
You can expect a new development in the single turbo realm to be announced soon!
That's great news!

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 04:55 PM   #82
BEAR-AvHistory
2020 Z4 M40i - 2022 M4C Convt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i - 2022 M4C Convrt

Garage List
Quote:
So I guess for anyone trying to cut 10's its against the rules to modify your car? Everyone knows Shiv's car has more in it. Putting down that kind of power on this platform is not easy. If it was, everyone would be doing it..
DUH A 335 needing major suspension upgrades to support the power Shiv said it would generate, who would have thought after Shiv & I exchanged posts in one of his threads.

Thing is Shiv went really far claiming a stock suspension would suffice in a debate with me. Said I was just being negative when I was just stating the obvious. I even listed what would be needed to be replaced.

Interesting thing is how many of my posts got deleted after Shiv complained to the site people.

2022 M4C - 2020 Z4 M40i - 2023 FORD Expedition XLT Max 4X4 400BHP - 2009 V-Star - 1998 Ranger 4X4 5MT - 1965 Cobra (R) 5MT - 2023 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 6MT
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 04:57 PM   #83
Dmacc
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
DUH A 335 needing major suspension upgrades to support the power Shiv said it would generate, who would have thought after Shiv & I exchanged posts in one of his threads.

Thing is Shiv went really far claiming a stock suspension would suffice in a debate with me. Said I was just being negative when I was just stating the obvious. I even listed what would be needed to be replaced.

Interesting thing is how many of my posts got deleted after Shiv complained to the site people.
Were you discussing from an overall daily driving aspect or in the sense of the drag strip?

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 05:03 PM   #84
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I guess without the actual posts in front of me I'm not sure what you mean.

You can run a single turbo on stock suspension, of course, but it's unlikely the IDEAL setup for maximizing performance on a track.

Perhaps how that is understood could make all the difference.

You can even use a stock exhaust on a single turbo setup if you so inclined. As well as stock intake and stock intercooler, but you just wouldn't be maximizing your gains and may be forced to run lower boost levels and such.

This would all relevant to the actual question though. Many times I read posts too fast and miss the point or i reply but misundestood the question, and sometimes I've been known to make a mistake and be wrong, we should all understand that people make mistakes, and are human, and sometimes find out what they may have said in the past might have been incorrect as they gain more knowledge or experience.

Forum reading, materials and communications are not a contract and should be taken with a grain of salt.

The purpose is to inquire different information, facts and opinions and come up with your own conclusions as well as own personal experiences using the given information.

Last edited by Jeff@TopGearSolutions; 02-11-2013 at 05:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 05:05 PM   #85
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '16 MK7 GTI

Shrug, stock suspension, full weight, stock 18s on all-seasons at a pisspoor track Island Dragway I ran a 12.1@122.5 at 19 psi flatlining timing in every gear. This is with RBs.

Ask Jeff@topgearsolutions how pathetic that track is. Only got 1 run at that.

My opinion is the 6MTs are utterly useless at the drag strip without drag radials and suspension work... maybe a line lock too.

I know how hard it is to run a 6MT N54 at the track because I owned one. On street tires the best I ever did was a 13.0@115.3 on race gas, JB3 map 8, DCI dps.
      02-11-2013, 06:16 PM   #86
Wes335XI
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335XI Space Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacc View Post
So you can accomplish 660whp with RBs and Vargas stage 2? No. If you can't put down the horsepower, pay for suspension bits and fenders and tires that will allow you to. It's a joke to say that the single turbo conversion is pointless, you are basically telling us that you can't control the car that has 140+more whp than current RBs are putting down. Pay to play you know the saying.
I think you missed my point all together. I have no interest in making 660WHP, I also have no interest in upgrading the suspension and driveline in order to handle that kind of power. If I can get a low 11 second car with upgraded twin turbos with mild modifications, I'll take it. I'm not going to spend the money and go single turbo just to get into the 10's. I'm not saying it's pointless, I'm just saying it is definitely not for everyone. I think RB's or Vargas stage 2 is a more realistic and reasonable option for most. The single turbo is great for those that want to take that step, but most are happy with 500WHP.
2022 X5 MSport Alpine White/Tartufo Merino - Inbound
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 06:17 PM   #87
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottp999 View Post
Completely understand. Lack of activity and consistent customer service complaints, don't make me feel comfortable shipping my ecu to them for the fueling flash. Been a vishnu customer since early 2007 and been asking for an at home flash solution for a while. Only option seems to be to switch to JB4 G5 board, add in a cobb, and then I can flash at home. Looking like a spring project but hate to spend the conversion $ when I have already given Vishnu so many $ over the years.

The only people that seem happy are the ones that are local or within decent driving range.
You dont have to give up the Procede to stack Cobb. Pull CPS wires, voila.
      02-11-2013, 06:19 PM   #88
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes335XI View Post
I think you missed my point all together. I have no interest in making 660WHP, I also have no interest in upgrading the suspension and driveline in order to handle that kind of power. If I can get a low 11 second car with upgraded twin turbos with mild modifications, I'll take it. I'm not going to spend the money and go single turbo just to get into the 10's. I'm not saying it's pointless, I'm just saying it is definitely not for everyone. I think RB's or Vargas stage 2 is a more realistic and reasonable option for most. The single turbo is great for those that want to take that step, but most are happy with 500WHP.
I think another point was missed in that the single turbo makes peak power at 7200 RPM on a 6MT. I don't think anyone can shift that precisely.

Another reason why 6AT single turbos are so nerfed in output.