E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Really loud warning chimes

01-31-2013, 04:20 PM   #1
theg00se
Private
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D

Really loud warning chimes

Hi, I have just fixed my CCC professional head unit after blowing the power board. See link below for details:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=788059

My problem is that now I have swapped the power board, the volume of the warning chimes for low fuel, lights left on or handbrake not fully release etc has increased to a ridiculously loud level.

Can anyone help me lower the volume of the chimes. I’m happy to get the unit recoded or open up the head unit and change another board or component I just need a steer in the right direction.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 10:24 PM   #2
rich123321
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i E90

Garage List
2015 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by theg00se
Hi, I have just fixed my CCC professional head unit after blowing the power board. See link below for details:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=788059

My problem is that now I have swapped the power board, the volume of the warning chimes for low fuel, lights left on or handbrake not fully release etc has increased to a ridiculously loud level.

Can anyone help me lower the volume of the chimes. Im happy to get the unit recoded or open up the head unit and change another board or component I just need a steer in the right direction.
I believe you need to code the module to a lower volume
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 04:14 PM   #3
DavidZ
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11.5 E90 M3 6MT

Reading your other thread, it seems you have an aftermarket amp and have yet to hear your system since installing the amp. Depending on how you've set your amp gains may be the issue as well. You can adjust the gong a bit (between -4 and +4 if I recall correctly) under some setting on the head unit but that doesn't help much. Music, phone and navigation (I'm not sure about navigation as I don't have it) volume can be adjusted by the volume knob while the gong volume is mostly fixed, so if your amp gains are set too high the head unit puts out the gong at it's standard level but your aftermarket amp amplifies it to a ridiculous level. Your music, phone or navigation isn't as loud because you can simply turn down the volume for those. You need to make sure you've set your amp gains with the head unit set at its maximum undistorted level, which is around 51 clicks of the knob. It helps to use test tones. I'm not familiar with the Cleansweep (like if it as a user-adjustable gain/volume), so I'm not sure how it'll affect this.

Last edited by DavidZ; 02-08-2013 at 04:28 PM..
Appreciate 0