E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Writing Macros in Win XP

06-09-2010, 04:35 AM   #1
Masterplan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 & G05 X5

Writing Macros in Win XP

Gents,

Anyone have any skill in Visual Basic Macros?

I'm working on a task at work that I need to copy several years worth of emails into an Intranet page on our network.

I need to write a macro that will copy text from fields in an email, and insert that specific word or phrase into an online form. This will allow us to use the intranet to search for specific key words from these emails without access to email clients.

As from now we are not creating emails, but entering the dat straight into these fields, so I'm just trying to find a way to do it for the old emails that need transferred onto the new system.

Any help appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2010, 02:33 PM   #2
Shadow
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E90

How are your old emails stored? Can you export via IMAP or otherwise get the emails into a plain-text store and do your textual processing there? Or do you have to do it via Outlook?
Appreciate 0