E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Oil catch can question.

03-23-2009, 06:10 PM   #1
Ramppo
Cruiser
Rep
Drives: bmw 335 e92

Oil catch can question.

Hi guys, need some help before i install this.
I ordered RR oil catch can and i`am wondering that since i have already drive my car for about 9000 miles and there must be some oil build up in the pipeings that do i have to first clean that old oil build up from the walls of the pipes or does the can remove that too in time?

Thanks in advance for the answers.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 06:41 PM   #2
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

what ever is already in the intake charge pipe or intercooler the can will not eliminate it.....once the can is installed it will eliminate any oil from entering into the charge pipe and intercooler from that point on....
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 06:42 PM   #3
ThorsHammer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramppo View Post
Hi guys, need some help before i install this.
I ordered RR oil catch can and i`am wondering that since i have already drive my car for about 9000 miles and there must be some oil build up in the pipeings that do i have to first clean that old oil build up from the walls of the pipes or does the can remove that too in time?

Thanks in advance for the answers.
You can clean a little bit from the ends of the OEM connections, but you're going to bypass that one little hose. There's really not much you can do about what's already in there.
"SYONRA" is for sale! http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366678 BSM '09 e92 335i | Performance: JB3, RR Catted DP's, INJEN DCI, Britalman Exhst, AA FMIC, FORGE DVs | Suspension: ST-V1 Coils, Hotchkis Chassis Brace & F/R Sways | Wheels: Bremmer Kraft BR03s, Brake Performance Rotors, Cool Carbon Pads, ECS Lines | Exterior: OEM Aero Lip/Rear, ****** CF Trunk Lid, BLUX5 Angels, M-Force M3 Sides | Interior: Passport 9500ci, Black Trim, M3 Wheel
Appreciate 0