E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Anyone in Melbourne or Brisbane with an ICOM able to update my CIC software?

12-06-2023, 05:29 PM   #1
shannon1
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2007 E91 323i M-Sport

Garage List
Anyone in Melbourne or Brisbane with an ICOM able to update my CIC software?

Hi all, I want to update my CIC software to the latest c1a version.

I've found a single person here in Brisbane that will update my software via ICOM over MOST to the latest c1a version, generate an FSC license for my VIN, code to my car and install the latest AU/NZ 2020 maps for $250.

I don't know if this is value for money or not.

I've found I can buy my own basic ICOM setup for around AU$550 and there are plenty of posts on the forums here on what software to install and use on my laptop, how to generate my own FCS codes and code to my car. But my dilemma here, is it worth it to pay double the price and all my time and effort for essentially a service I will only ever rely use once as I can code all the other modules in my car with my K+D CAN USB cable?

I'm going to be flying down to Melbourne between Christmas and New Year so I just wanted to reach out to anyone else in either Melbourne or Brisbane who already has an ICOM to ask if the price I've been quoted is valid and worth it or might you personally be able to help me out with a better offer. (I've tried reaching out and sending a PM to VTL but he hasn't been online for the last 6 months and hasn't responded to my messages).

Thanks in advance for any advice and help offered.

Cheers, Shannon.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2023, 04:31 AM   #2
Aus335iguy
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 335i MSport DCT

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
It really depends on why you want it updated. If you’re doing it for the bmw apps I found it to be a waste of time. Your money is better spent on an Apple car play/ android auto box.

I’ve done both. The bmw apps and navigation is disappointing to say the least. The 300 Apple CarPlay however …. Worth every cent
      12-07-2023, 11:00 PM   #3
shannon1
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2007 E91 323i M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus335iguy View Post
It really depends on why you want it updated. If you’re doing it for the bmw apps I found it to be a waste of time. Your money is better spent on an Apple car play/ android auto box.

I’ve done both. The bmw apps and navigation is disappointing to say the least. The 300 Apple CarPlay however …. Worth every cent
Hi mate, thanks for the reply.

After my CIC upgrade, my faulty MULF finally died so I got a COMBOX to replace it and I really wanted to get all the BMW OEM stuff working properly including nav and apps (outdated though they may be, I'm a bit of a stickler like that), but in this case it may not be worth the hassle if I can't find someone who can do it for me for a decent price. I've ordered a cheap emulator for now so at least I can get the nav functional with whatever date maps are currently installed (probably from 2010).

I did look at the Apple Car Play Android Auto but the cheapest I could see at the moment is about AU$500.

I think I may just have to put this off for a while and think about it again next year some time .
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2023, 05:07 AM   #4
Aus335iguy
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 335i MSport DCT

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Fair enough
If you change your mind

This is similar to the box I bought which was called carsera at the time

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! AU$279.50 19% Off | Wireless Apple CarPlay Module For BMW CIC 3 Series E90 E91 E92 E93 2009-2012 Car Play Android Auto Mirror Link Front Rear Camera
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNkqMrW