E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > For those who have the base 6 spk system & done the Alpine upgrade.......

View Poll Results: After the Alpine upgrade, u found it
absolutely not worth the money 0 0%
matches the 10 spk hi-fi (business) speaker package 1 100.00%
better than the 10 spk system 0 0%
better than HK/premium/L7 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

02-06-2012, 10:48 PM   #1
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport

For those who have the base 6 spk system & done the Alpine upgrade.......

Pls vote for ur opinion
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2012, 11:39 PM   #2
VP Electricity
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F34 xDrive

This poll is silly.

For one thing, the price is all over the map all over the world.

Secondly, that package isn't even upgrading the 6" underseat speakers at all, and three of your four questions assume the system has the performance that 8" speakers have.

If you want to feel better about buying it, fine, but it's not as good as HiFi, much less Premium.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2012, 03:10 AM   #3
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP Electricity View Post
This poll is silly.

For one thing, the price is all over the map all over the world.

Secondly, that package isn't even upgrading the 6" underseat speakers at all, and three of your four questions assume the system has the performance that 8" speakers have.

If you want to feel better about buying it, fine, but it's not as good as HiFi, much less Premium.
1.) FYI, i have not bought anything yet.

2.) the price isn't really all over the map all over the world. most ppl who have this upgrade done lives in UK/EU & asia. pricing incl fitting is surprisingly consistent for those markets.

3.) i'm asking the opinions of those who have done the upgrade, ppl have different tastes & requirements. assumptions have to be made in the choices as they are the only standard references available. should the choice be left out even if it may sound unfeasible?

4.) not everybody is lucky enough to live in the states & have access to such cars cheaply priced. let me tell u, options are taxed 100% where i live. for the F30 3er, which i'm going to order, the standard system here is the 6 spk system. to upgrade to the hi-fi costs usd1.8k incl tax, & to the HK usd4.3k incl tax. no tax is charged if things are retrofitted 6mths after registration. therefore the Alpine upgrade it costs around usd1k fitted as no tax is liable. for me it's either factory fit or bmw dealer fit, i don't trust the local audio guy with this car.
Appreciate 0