E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > 2013 new nav updates for early CIC

11-23-2012, 11:07 AM   #1
N8N
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i 6MT

2013 new nav updates for early CIC

My understanding is that my car is one of the very first equipped with CIC - 9/2008 build. I got an email this AM that Tischer was having a "free shipping" sale so I logged on and figured I would go ahead and order my nav updates (I desperately need them; my car has never been updated since new.)

When I went to make my selection, I saw the following footnote:

*CIC equipped vehicles up to 9/2009 require FSC Code + a visit to your local BMW dealership for media upload. (code will be emailed, and shipping charge will be removed)
**CIC equipped vehicles from 9/2009 and on include the USB media kit + FSC Code (code will be emailed). No trip to the local dealership is required.

This is new to me, I ASSumed that all I had to do was install the media, input the FSC code, and either let it run while on a power supply or go for a
drive so the battery didn't go dead while the update was progressing. Is the above true? If it makes any difference my car just got all updates from the dealer on Wed. AM as I had it there to have my satellite tuner and factory alarm coded in.

I really wanted to pull the trigger on this today so I didn't have to drive up to SS to pick up my updates, and I'm also a little annoyed that I didn't know this before (although it's certainly not Tischer's fault) as had I known I would have either made an appt. at Tischer to have my coding and map updates done at the same time, or else would have held off and had both done at my local dealership so I wouldn't have had to pay for two appointments.

thanks for any advice!
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2012, 05:54 PM   #2
zivyn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: for enjoyment

Bummer, mine is 03/2009
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 01:48 AM   #3
JustinGTP
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '13 MINI Paceman JCW

Ok so the message that Tischer posted on their website about it not working on early versions of CIC was false in my case. My car is one of the first 09s (build date of 09/2008)

I downloaded the 2013 maps, got my FSC code and uploaded via glovebox USB no problems. I now have 2013 maps. A lot of 3D was added in my city. Here are some pics:

'09 LCI 335i E90 in BSM over Oyster Dakota Leather, Manual, Sport, Navigation, Individual Audiophile, Executive, Active Steering, JB4 + MHD BEF, 335is Exhaust w/AWE Tuning Tips, AFE DCI, Euro Tails/Fog Light Switch, various painted and other OEM + mods, 19" M5 reps summer
'13 MINI Cooper S Paceman JCW R61in Light White & Black Roof/Mirror Caps/Sport Stripes, Loaded + Rare
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 07:24 AM   #4
N8N
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i 6MT

yup, I just delayed having it done until now and now there's a torrent up. I went ahead and got the data and just tried it in the car and it is recognizing my thumb drive. I don't have my FSC code yet so I can't actually update but I just went ahead and ordered it since it looked like it was going to work.

PS - is there now a "night mode" for the perspective screen? sweet! (I know, little things.)

If they would make it so that I could look at the map in perspective but keep north up that would make me exceptionally happy. (I don't like having to look at both a map and compass at the same time)
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 07:29 PM   #5
infamousq
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ford Raptor

How do I get my navigation to do night mode? I can only get it in the split screen but not in the main screen.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 12:51 AM   #6
itszEmil
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328 Xdrive

Hey am pretty new at this I have a 2009 335i xdrive with HDD how can I update my nav plxz help me you guys.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 06:37 PM   #7
bimmerdreamz
Private
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by itszEmil View Post
Hey am pretty new at this I have a 2009 335i xdrive with HDD how can I update my nav plxz help me you guys.
Hey - follow this post. It details everything. Scroll over to page 23 for step by step. Hope it helps. good luck!
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=772078
Appreciate 0