E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > C63 amg, spec when leasing

02-17-2013, 01:54 PM   #45
sheps
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mart1000 View Post
No pics needed, we need sound clips of that c63 lump on full chat.
I'm sure Carlos will take some vids...

Replaced by 6.2 litres of AMG powered C class.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 03:06 PM   #46
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheps View Post
I have an ex-company van that Carl can use better than I can, so running him down to the office for him to collect it. Despite it only being a run to the office for me, I'm sure with Carlos in the car it will be a mini-adventure of mayhem!
I'm sure It will be

Quote:
I'm sure Carlos will take some vids...
I will quite happily oblige
      02-18-2013, 11:19 AM   #47
CardinalZeus77
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991.2 Carrera S

Garage List
Sheps ... Lovely car
Sold: F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange
Sold: E92 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red Leather
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 12:25 PM   #48
RichJ
First Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: E92 M-Sport 330i Le Mans Blue

A C63 is next on my shopping list.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 01:01 PM   #49
briers
Ben
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla p85d

Palmnuts had a modded exhaust too and can't remember properly but maybe he remapped it too

It sounded ridiculously good

I agree it was the best c63 in the uk.

So if anyone is sitting on the fence, do it!!! The leasing deals are so good ATM - I was interested in sheps' car but his lease doesn't end yet, best colour combo IMO.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 02:20 PM   #50
sheps
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman999 View Post
Sheps ... Lovely car
Thanks man

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 02:30 PM   #51
sheps
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by briers View Post
Palmnuts had a modded exhaust too and can't remember properly but maybe he remapped it too

So if anyone is sitting on the fence, do it!!! The leasing deals are so good ATM - I was interested in sheps' car but his lease doesn't end yet, best colour combo IMO.
Andrew had the factory PPP kit. He then paid a not inconsiderable sum for a Brabus map which, from memory, released a whopping 1bhp. It was clear he had a very good one from the factory and as such Brabus refunded his money.

Palmnuts always does a thorough job with his modding, it was a beauty

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 03:05 PM   #52
sheps
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

So Lee, did you push the button yet?
Any developments on your proposed spec?

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 03:54 PM   #53
marlie
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i

What are the best lease figures going on the C63 at the mo? I love the coupe
      02-18-2013, 04:05 PM   #54
335DPOWER
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Soon to be a c63

Quote:
So Lee, did you push the button yet?
Any developments on your proposed spec?
Well yes and no,

My proposal has all gone through today so all I have to do is call tomorrow with the final spec and pay my refundable upon collection depo and the £180 that goes to mb.
Spent most this afternoon trying to get a reasonable insurance quote.
Looking at a late may early June delivery.

Oh and spec will be a saloon in white with red leather opt 19." Wheels and privacy glass, I'm not going to go for the LSD,just hope I don't regret it.

Gonna be a long spring and great summer
Thanks for your input guys
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 04:13 PM   #55
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Huracan Evo & M8 GC

Quote:
That was palmnuts.
Probably the finest C63 in the UK.
Pretty much every box ticked, but with additional factory treatments such as leather dash. Truly awesome.
Quote:

Guys....I truly am feeling the love here

Thanks - makes a change from me harping on about how good it was!

Quote:
Andrew had the factory PPP kit. He then paid a not inconsiderable sum for a Brabus map which, from memory, released a whopping 1bhp. It was clear he had a very good one from the factory and as such Brabus refunded his money.

Palmnuts always does a thorough job with his modding, it was a beauty
In my considerable experience, remaps are pointless on a N/A car - gains are minute and from remapping Saxo's to Focus's to Alfa's to my BMW M6 and, lastly, my C63.....all a load of shit.

The exception should have been the C63 and in standard 450bhp tune, it will have a few horses to give (I believe the throttle is artificially kept partially close, even on WOT, to reign the overall power output in). The Plus cars rectify this and release around 490bhp (a little over this in my example, which did 507bhp standard....funnily enough, exactly the same as AMG's new special edition '507' model and the Blackie....mmm, funny that - they probably all have that output )

Anyway, as per my Brabus 'tune', there was nothing more to give so I ranted at Brabus and got my (considerable) amount of money back. The problem with the C63 as I am led to believe is cooling - theres just not enough of it as the engine is so tightly rammed into the engine bay (compare this to my SLS, were engine bay has enough space for a very fancy intake system and another small car!). So, the engine in the C63 can't deliver much more power as the increased heat that this generates just makes the ECUs' safety systems notch back the output. This was very clear on dyno runs where the strongest were always the first couple, with power declining considerably the more runs you did.

In the end, to increase power a bit I went for upgrades manifolds and 200-cell race cats, which as has been noted already, made it sound über rude. (Briers, was it you who said I brought those chavs on mopeds to a standstill on one of the meets we went to?). It probably didn't add a lot of power (I never took it back to the same dyno after that was done so never had a like for like comparison) but it seemed to add very noticeable mid-range torque.

C63's on the whole are fantastic and I swapped mine for a 997.2 Turbo (the .2 bit is really important if you know your Turbo's). It was a ballistic car (of all my cars, only my SLS can really come close to it for performance) and better than the C63 in almost every measurable way. But it wasn't as much fun - there was too much understeer vs. the AMG's hilarious power sliding capability....I remember going into a deserted Tesco car park one evening (honestly, I'm not a chav ) and performed an almighty and impressive power slide, much like you see on Top Gear, and it held beautifully.....until I shit myself as I nearly put it into one of those trolley park things. My point being, it was just great fun (even when not behaving like a tool). The Porsche also didn't sound as nice, look as good (subjective, I know), feel as nicely made....etc etc. It was a better car though.

I returned to an M3 for brief period 10 months after selling the C63 which was a relief after the shit bollocks crap that was the Maserati, and, whilst the BMW was technically the better handling car, I always maintain that as a daily driver on real roads, the C63 is not only the nicer car to drive, it is also the MUCH faster car for the ordinary bloke to pedal. Or even for ladies too .....my missus loved it and it is to date her favourite car of all the ones I've had to drive (she does prefer the SLS to be chauffeured around in though!)

There are two issues with the C63 though.

One - they're a bit soft with standard suspension. AMG do a firmer suspension package in early PP cars (up to 2010), then removed the option for a couple of years and now you can option it again as AMG Performance Suspension. This got a slating in the press for being too hard which is utter codswallop - it much improves the car.

I went the whole hog on mine and got KW V3 coilovers, as fitted to the CLK Black Series. They quite incredible and I don't think any car I've had since has managed the kind of tied-down body control that my C63 demonstrated with this kit on it. At over £3k's worth including fitting and setting up they weren't cheap but also not as expensive as, say, a set of Ohlins. In all honesty though, I wouldn't bother again with the KW's and would instead just buy AMG's suspension upgrade because, with upwards of 30 settings for compression and rebound, plus height, I was constantly taking the wheels off to find that elusive perfect setting! But to have that body control again

Two - the pre-facelift models have a slightly wobbly steering column, although bizarrely most owners don't notice this and there is very little written about it on forums, even the US ones where many of those owners are crazy (it feels like very mild scuttle shake). I did notice it, in both of my C63's and it was exaggerated by the stiffer KW's. This 'characteristic' has likely been rectified in the facelift model because when that was launched, AMG claimed they'd made improvements to the steering.

Other than this, I can't think of a better mid-sized premium saloon and it was only after I had a day in an E63 that the C-Classes few flaws showed up....now that really is an underrated car!

Key options when speccing one IMO....

Performance Pack Plus
AMG diff lock
AMG performance suspension
19's
....and everything else these days is either standard or a nice to have

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335DPOWER View Post
We need pictures of palmnuts c63
Oh OK, if I must. Lets dust these off then (oh the memories).....

My first C63 PP (at Jon JLR1969's old gaff after I'd just ordered him to wax it for me )

In Italy, heading up to the Col de Turini at which point I had just turned around as I bottled it on my summer tyres and headed for the motorway (where I also got stuck and ended up taking 4 hours to do a 60 mile journey )

My second C63 PPPlus

Dashboard pre-AMG Performance Studio upgrade (note only the top part is leather covered - although I had the Designo leather dash upgrade, it only did the top bit)

The top bit wasn't enough for me so I took it back to AMG and told them to do it properly (at considerable cost to me). Yes, this is the same car....

These little trinkets cost a pretty penny too, the gearlever ornament only being available to those who take their car directly to AMG in Affalterbach (this was funny on the MB forum where some owners thought they'd be able to get their own without going there....they haven't managed to yet )

Last edited by Palmnuts; 02-18-2013 at 04:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 04:24 PM   #56
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

And heres some more pictures showing my various modifications.....

The suspension upgrades - note the trick secondary (slave?) reservoir.....

The exhaust mods being fabricated - here we see the 200 cell cats being put into the standard exhaust housing....

The innards of the standard 700 cell (!!!!) cats....

The headers....and how close they sat to the steering column

The Germans....dont'cha just love their view of H&S (I had most of the work done out there)....

All those suspension mods couldn't stop it doing this on the Carousel at the 'ring

(but I've not been in many cars that 'felt' better or more planted so the visuals more represent just how fast this was able to go. The apparent body roll was imperceptible!)

This one is me with none other than one of AMG's development drivers sat next to me telling me how shit I am!!

And him showing me just well it is done!

And none other than our very own Tony scaring the shit out of me (and himself by the looks of it)

And me getting my own back on him (that grab handle was never the same again!)

And the final one heading off into the sunset

What a car and, looking back on these, I am just delighted to be back in an AMG (or even just a Merc actually).

The SLS brings back all the good points (did I mention sound?) and then some!

And to all those who do buy an AMG, you all have the ability to visit the AMG engine facility and Performance studio in Affalterbach for FREE where they really do treat you like royalty. I am visiting them for the 3rd time a week on Friday and I can't wait

Last edited by Palmnuts; 02-18-2013 at 04:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 04:25 PM   #57
335DPOWER
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Soon to be a c63

Wow thanks for sharing!!!!!!

The interior in the white one is truly stunning

The wait is going to kill me ,,,, oh well here's to 4 more months in the Renault
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 04:28 PM   #58
JLR1969
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Kubota GR1600

Cheeky sod it was a full machine polish! Which you did yourself after a quick lesson!

If I remember you then let the 'Polish by the side of the road' car wash crew wash it with a dirty sponge!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 04:43 PM   #59
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335DPOWER View Post
Wow thanks for sharing!!!!!!

The interior in the white one is truly stunning

The wait is going to kill me ,,,, oh well here's to 4 more months in the Renault
Thanks - you'll love it Probably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLR1969 View Post
Cheeky sod it was a full machine polish! Which you did yourself after a quick lesson!

If I remember you then let the 'Polish by the side of the road' car wash crew wash it with a dirty sponge!!!!!!!!!!!
......and he takes the bait!!! You sly lurker, you
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 04:55 PM   #60
JLR1969
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Kubota GR1600

Hook line and sinker LOL
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 05:09 PM   #61
briers
Ben
United Kingdom
Rep

That's the beast - the white one

Love the pics too, never seen the story

It was that one and the chavs. They came into the car park revving their shitty little scooters and wanky 1 litres with massive exhausts.

You started yours up and gave it a few blasts. Like thunder, you could almost see their cocks shrink
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 05:10 PM   #62
briers
Ben
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLR1969 View Post
Surely he would break out with hives and cold sweats at the thought of this?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 05:28 PM   #63
Real Thing
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Audi TT-RS Plus + MK6 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmnuts View Post
What a car and, looking back on these, I am just delighted to be back in an AMG (or even just a Merc actually).

The SLS brings back all the good points (did I mention sound?) and then some!

And to all those who do buy an AMG, you all have the ability to visit the AMG engine facility and Performance studio in Affalterbach for FREE where they really do treat you like royalty. I am visiting them for the 3rd time a week on Friday and I can't wait
That's reminded me Andrew I must try and get round to see the SLS before that goes as well I'll probably give you a call over the next couple of weeks if that's ok as I'm due a Mobile upgrade soon as well.
Mercedes C63 507 Edition looks like it's had some nice touches added wonder how much it wil be over the std Car
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mercede...-507-announced
      02-18-2013, 05:52 PM   #64
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Like thunder, you could almost see their cocks shrink

Hilarious way you've explained this!

Quote:
Surely he would break out with hives and cold sweats at the thought of this?
It was a rare moment of weakness when I was feeling particularly lazy.

That day, I learned my lesson - when I got home after the (remarkably good value) Polish wash and saw the car gleaming in all the sunlight, showing off all the numerous new swirls that thy threw in for free, my laziness had well and truly backfired. I spent the rest of the day machine polishing it back to perfection!

I nearly drove it back to Jon and told him to do it again....but he lived 2 hours away and his work didn't come with any form of guarantee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Thing View Post
That's reminded me Andrew I must try and get round to see the SLS before that goes as well I'll probably give you a call over the next couple of weeks if that's ok as I'm due a Mobile upgrade soon as well.
Mercedes C63 507 Edition looks like it's had some nice touches added wonder how much it wil be over the std Car
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mercede...-507-announced
The 507 will likely be a lot of money and probably not worth the extra over the PPPlus. I reckon they both give out very similar power figures but the 507 will have some of the Blackie visual upgrades, which will be nice.

I was nearly tempted by a new Black instead of my used SLS but just couldn't resist - I'd always hanker after the SLS and the C63 Black would be too similar sat inside it to my previous C63's. The SLS is most definitely very different.

Feel free to give me a shout but leave it a couple of weeks as I'm on holiday next week. SLS won't be going anywhere, that I can assure you (other than to the car audio installers!).
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 07:49 PM   #65
briers
Ben
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmnuts View Post

I nearly drove it back to Jon and told him to do it again.....
I can't take much more

Poor Jon, was it because he drove the hair dressers amg as you all put it? He gets all this stick

It was a v nice car - he pounced on me tho for dribbling that ice cream everywhere
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 12:45 AM   #66
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Andrew are you saying all C63's make 500HP?