E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > SOS malfunctioning message

08-07-2007, 09:13 AM   #1
mike608
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

SOS malfunctioning message

Hello there

I bought a 2007 X5 in Miami and get the car to Ecuador South America. The other day somebody pushed the SOS button and now the bluetooht is not allowing connect my phone, I mean it is dead!! and receive the SOS malfunctioning message.
It seems that the car is still calling to contact BMW in Miami, and finally has blocked my bluetooth, also in the mornings I receive a battery drain message.

Does anybody knows how to unblock the SOS button, and get the bluetooth working again!! Please help!!
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2007, 10:30 PM   #2
combatcarry
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '06 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike608 View Post
Hello there

I bought a 2007 X5 in Miami and get the car to Ecuador South America. The other day somebody pushed the SOS button and now the bluetooht is not allowing connect my phone, I mean it is dead!! and receive the SOS malfunctioning message.
It seems that the car is still calling to contact BMW in Miami, and finally has blocked my bluetooth, also in the mornings I receive a battery drain message.

Does anybody knows how to unblock the SOS button, and get the bluetooth working again!! Please help!!
I basically have the opposite problem. My car was set up in Europe and brought to America. The Assist was never set up in the US. Take your car to the South American dealer. Make them figure it out and provide you a loaner until it is fixed. I've had nothing but headaches with BMW Assist. After 1 year I'm still trying to get it to work.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2007, 06:32 AM   #3
japac1
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Garage List
2007 335xi  [0.00]
Once I was on the phone (BT), got briefly disconnected, then quickly was reconnected, but also got the SOS malfunction. When I turned on the car again, later, the malfunction was gone. Everything worked fine. Dealer had no idea what happened. Computers!!