E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Ordered my new car today.....

04-27-2010, 01:31 PM   #45
ss134
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy coupe View Post
Nice choice Steve, bet you can't wait mate.
Thanks Del -youre right i can't wait! - however i have just received a call from my dealer telling me that July delivery is definately out and that i will be 'lucky' to get it in August, could even be September/October
As you can imagine i am gutted as they told me when i ordered that August was worst case scenario.

If the car doesnt arrive until October i will only just get through the break in before the German winter arrives. Was really looking forward to some summertime fun.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2010, 01:34 PM   #46
ss134
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerxp View Post
Brilliant - just love the above quote; how typical!!!

Congrats on the new purchase. I can vouch that the 335i is an amazing car (especially in manual guise) so the M has a tough act to follow; one of which is does rather well I understand .

Look forward to the write up .
Thanks mate, youre right about the 335i manual, i hope the M3 lives up to my expectations as i ordered it 'blind' because i couldnt get a test drive here in Germany.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2010, 01:38 PM   #47
ss134
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Nice one Steve.

No more worries about the 335i's 'iffy' handling!!

Oh how I wish they did an M3 Tourer...

BTW: EVO mag reckons the E90M3 is a better drive than the E92M3 too.... ooops don't want to upset the 2 door mob
Hi Mike and thanks! the funny thing is, the closer i get to selling my car the more i have started to appreciate it, including the handling which seems much better now! Maybe i just got used to the car or maybe now that it'll be going soon i've realised what a great allround car it is.

Last edited by ss134; 04-27-2010 at 02:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2010, 01:59 PM   #48
ss134
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Update: Forgot to mention i have changed the leather from black to palladium silver with carbon. Thoughts?????
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 02:40 AM   #49
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
The Palladium silver looks great, a nice change from the normal black. It is so much better quality as well!

Shame about the delay, have they cut production? Or have they loads of orders on?
      04-28-2010, 07:04 AM   #50
Irnbrukid
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Imaginary M2

Quite a few cars seem to be slipping back, has oli's car not just moved back 3wks i know another has slipped 4wks from original date.

Might be lower production or even because of the weak pound giving euro orders prefrence.

Oh and great choice... enjoy it when it eventually turns up.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 11:02 AM   #51
ss134
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by willhollin View Post
The Palladium silver looks great, a nice change from the normal black. It is so much better quality as well!

Shame about the delay, have they cut production? Or have they loads of orders on?
I havent seen the palladium silver in person but i think that black on black looks a bit boring and the fox red is more of a browny red which i dont really like. The only other option unless you want to spend £1800 on individual (and delay the car even more!) is bamboo which looks ok but more luxurious as opposed to sporty if that makes sense?

Regarding production i was told that the order times i was originally given by the dealer was because he thought there would be cars already scheduled for production (non customers cars) that he could just modify the spec on but there are no E90's at all.
If i had gone for a coupe i think i would have got the car a lot earlier but i need that third seat. I will find out on friday for definate when the car will go into production - hopefully it will be good news and not even worse than the predicted dates.

Last edited by ss134; 04-28-2010 at 11:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 11:12 AM   #52
ss134
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irnbrukid View Post
Quite a few cars seem to be slipping back, has oli's car not just moved back 3wks i know another has slipped 4wks from original date.

Might be lower production or even because of the weak pound giving euro orders prefrence.

Oh and great choice... enjoy it when it eventually turns up.
I was told that production was stopped recently due to BMW running out of parts! Dont know how true this is. Also i havent even been given a confirmed date yet the dates are just predicted- once i am given a confirmed date i suppose it could slip even further like the other guys youve mentioned.

Just out of interest are the 2 cars you mentioned M cars? if so it could be that they only produce M cars when they have a certain amount on order to reduce production costs - maybe sales are slow?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 02:41 PM   #53
themetz
smokin' kipper
England
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss134 View Post
I was told that production was stopped recently due to BMW running out of parts!
it is true - and was due to the grounding of flights because of the volcanic ash...
      04-28-2010, 03:05 PM   #54
ss134
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by themetz View Post
it is true - and was due to the grounding of flights because of the volcanic ash...
Typical! Although i would have thought that most parts would come via ship as opposed to plane
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 03:21 PM   #55
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: Merc diesel

Garage List
You're called Steve then.

So Steve, like your interior colour combo choice and it looks better than the black imo.

Not sure whether you wear jeans a lot but every M3 I've test driven and looked at, have all had the drivers side seat bolster scuffed heavily nearest the door. Just something to be mindful of.

No need to get confused btw.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 03:47 PM   #56
ss134
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerbird View Post
You're called Steve then.

So Steve, like your interior colour combo choice and it looks better than the black imo.

Not sure whether you wear jeans a lot but every M3 I've test driven and looked at, have all had the drivers side seat bolster scuffed heavily nearest the door. Just something to be mindful of.

No need to get confused btw.
Hi Helen, i have read some threads saying that the novillo leather is not as durable as the dakota leather in the 3 series - will definately have to be careful although theres not much you can do - maybe set the bolsters as far back as possible for easier access
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 04:04 PM   #57
Irnbrukid
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Imaginary M2

Quote:
I was told that production was stopped recently due to BMW running out of parts! Dont know how true this is. Also i havent even been given a confirmed date yet the dates are just predicted- once i am given a confirmed date i suppose it could slip even further like the other guys youve mentioned.

Just out of interest are the 2 cars you mentioned M cars? if so it could be that they only produce M cars when they have a certain amount on order to reduce production costs - maybe sales are slow?
Havent heard that story so whether its true or not i dont know. yes your car could also slip once you have a build week also.
I dont know about only producing so many M's at the one time, but there was i'd say a good 40ish on order a couple of months back a good few of them were stock cars (e92) lci. so dont know about e90.

Both the cars that i mentioned a 335d's 1 saloon & 1 coupe. But now you can change a 320d slot to 335d slot whereas you couldnt before, which in theory should make it easier to get a car but doesnt seem thay way just now for folks.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 04:26 PM   #58
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hi Helen, i have read some threads saying that the novillo leather is not as durable as the dakota leather in the 3 series - will definately have to be careful although theres not much you can do - maybe set the bolsters as far back as possible for easier access
If you look closely at the size of the side bolsters, they do protrude quite a bit, but then imho the seats do the job they're intended to do and are very comfortable and hug you in all the right places lol. I could see it being a tight squeeze for me trying to access the car when it's parked under the car port at home as I can't open the door fully because of the proximity to the house wall and also when wearing a skirt, I have to slide into the car more........don't suppose the skirt bit would bother you.......maybe on a weekend perhaps.

Sure it'll be fine if you're conscious about rubbing the bolster.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 05:20 PM   #59
ss134
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
If you look closely at the size of the side bolsters, they do protrude quite a bit, but then imho the seats do the job they're intended to do and are very comfortable and hug you in all the right places lol. I could see it being a tight squeeze for me trying to access the car when it's parked under the car port at home as I can't open the door fully because of the proximity to the house wall and also when wearing a skirt, I have to slide into the car more........don't suppose the skirt bit would bother you.......maybe on a weekend perhaps.

Sure it'll be fine if you're conscious about rubbing the bolster.
Like you, when wearing a skirt i like to get into a car in a dignified manner. I have overlooked this problem and may end up cancelling the car as a result.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2010, 02:33 PM   #60
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Like you, when wearing a skirt i like to get into a car in a dignified manner. I have overlooked this problem and may end up cancelling the car as a result.

N'owt worse than a lose left knacker I suppose swinging merrily in front of all and sundry..........need to get that image out of my mind lol.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2010, 02:49 PM   #61
ss134
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

N'owt worse than a lose left knacker I suppose swinging merrily in front of all and sundry..........need to get that image out of my mind lol.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2010, 03:00 PM   #62
ss134
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

UPDATE: Not good news - was told today that due to changes in the
S65 engine and the fact that my car is currently the only UK E90 M3 scheduled for production (something i find hard to believe) they have no idea when production will start - could be as late as December for January delivery.

I believe they told me 'worst case August delivery' in order to secure my order, as much as i want this car i am seriously considering cancelling my order i am that disappointed. I will think about it over the weekend.

US E90 M3's are still in production so maybe its just RHD cars that are affected . If anyone in the UK has ordered an E90 M3 in the last few weeks it would be helpful to me if you could post up your order/ expected delivery date.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2010, 04:04 PM   #63
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
      04-30-2010, 04:31 PM   #64
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep

Garage List
Steve, firstly really sorry to hear this honestly, am miffed for you.

I honestly know nothing about buying a car through the military discount system but it's crossed my mind could the 'delay' possibly be because your build slot is 'put back' in favour of someone else who is paying full price as it were?

I'm a natural born cynic and more than happy to be wrong.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2010, 04:32 PM   #65
SiKkBaSs
GTR'in it
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Nissan GTR Black Edition

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
UPDATE: Not good news - was told today that due to changes in the
S65 engine and the fact that my car is currently the only UK E90 M3 scheduled for production (something i find hard to believe) they have no idea when production will start - could be as late as December for January delivery.

I believe they told me 'worst case August delivery' in order to secure my order, as much as i want this car i am seriously considering cancelling my order i am that disappointed. I will think about it over the weekend.

US E90 M3's are still in production so maybe its just RHD cars that are affected . If anyone in the UK has ordered an E90 M3 in the last few weeks it would be helpful to me if you could post up your order/ expected delivery date.
WTF?!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2010, 04:37 PM   #66
ss134
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Steve, firstly really sorry to hear this honestly, am miffed for you.

I honestly know nothing about buying a car through the military discount system but it's crossed my mind could the 'delay' possibly be because your build slot is 'put back' in favour of someone else who is paying full price as it were?

I'm a natural born cynic and more than happy to be wrong.
It is ordered through the same system via a UK dealership - and remember i only get the same discount as any other purchaser in the UK can negotiate - the only difference is i dont have to pay VAT which does not affect BMW in any way. Trust me they make the same money from me as any other customer! Only the inland revenue doesnt get its cut!

Ive bought plenty of cars this way and this is the first time i have experienced this, although i have never ordered an M car before.
Appreciate 0