E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > iDrive unit not allow me communication with the ECU ??

02-27-2017, 11:28 PM   #1
f82_spooly
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4, E92 M3, E46 M3

iDrive unit not allow me communication with the ECU ??

Cannot communicate to ECU when I plug in iDrive unit for some reason with Ista or using MHD to pull codes won't work I keep getting "no communication with ECU" and when I completely disconnect the iDrive unit it DOES allow me to connect and read codes. Also on the back of the iDrive unit for some reason I'm missing an orange cable that connects to that orange connector? Any ideas?

Here are the codes when the iDrive unit is out. I'm having other electrical issues as well. Any input on those other codes?

Just to note, the iDrive unit works fine when I plug it back in I get sound the screen/navigation works and all.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-10-2017, 12:23 PM   #2
rocksarntpeople
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i M Sport

2 things it looks like:

1) The orange plug...thats a diagnostic port and isnt needed for anything at all.
2) It looks like you broke the MOST loop...is this a retrofit? If you are using a retrofit harness, you need to remove the Optical MOST connector from the original harness and put it in the new one...is this factory or retrofitted I guess first of all?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2017, 10:19 PM   #3
f82_spooly
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4, E92 M3, E46 M3

1. Great

2. No it's not a retrofit, it's a 10' so it has the CIC unit it's factory nothing has been changed
Appreciate 0