E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > MP3 (SI B65 30 05) Reprogram in UK

10-27-2006, 07:18 AM   #1
babba
England
Rep
Drives: 330i auto,Artic/Leather iDrive

MP3 (SI B65 30 05) Reprogram in UK

Hi,

Anybody had the above update applied to their E90? Do you have to pay for it? I've just been to the dealers (to get a quote for repair to a sill £1,500 GULP!) and they said 1) it cannot be done & 2) after beiing told that an SIB existed detailing, that it would cost £100.

Lots of hot air about BMW warranties, it would not be covered etc.

Has any had it done, did you have to pay? Did the dealer need a lot of persuading?

Any help appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2006, 02:17 PM   #2
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by babba
Hi,

Anybody had the above update applied to their E90? Do you have to pay for it? I've just been to the dealers (to get a quote for repair to a sill £1,500 GULP!) and they said 1) it cannot be done & 2) after beiing told that an SIB existed detailing, that it would cost £100.

Lots of hot air about BMW warranties, it would not be covered etc.

Has any had it done, did you have to pay? Did the dealer need a lot of persuading?

Any help appreciated.
Have a look here, babba.

I had it done in January by my local dealer, free of charge- no screaming, no shouting & no swearing- it is covered by the BMW Manufacturer's Warranty, so long as you make a COMPLAINT about not having mp3 playback, when you should have!

If they try to charge you for the update, then show them the printed document, tell them BMW UK sent you this & just say 'NO'!

All the best & good luck!

Viv

Appreciate 0