E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Freshening up my 335xi suspension...best (cheapeast) route?

08-03-2011, 06:52 PM   #1
Topshelf
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '07 335xi/'08 135i

Freshening up my 335xi suspension...best (cheapeast) route?

Hey guys, I've got an '07 335xi sedan with sport package with just over 70k miles on it. Everything is fine on the car...just had it inspected last week, but after getting out of the wife's 135i with sport with 20k miles on it, I can't help but notice that my 3 doesn't feel nearly as tight and it has a little more bounce over rough pavement. I have to guess that the extra 50k miles has taken a toll on the shocks and struts and a simple replacement would be the easy solution to fix the issue. Before I go buying new shocks, just wanted to know if there's anything else I should look at first? Under most conditions the car is fine, but it does feel a little floaty at times on the highway. I really wish those FSD's were available for us XI guys, and the B6's I think are going to be too harsh. So is just going with OEM shocks/struts and an alignment my best/cheapest route bet to get back to a tighter feel? I'm not looking to drop the car and anything crazy like that. I drive about 20k miles a year in the NE, so rough roads, potholes and snow are all taken into consideration here.

Thanks,
Appreciate 0