E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Help Have not recieved payment for car

12-13-2011, 02:05 PM   #23
Nick999
Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: E92 335i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Nick, great advice above and you sound a really nice guy. I reakon 99.9% the car is sold so my advice is man up and get down there and confront or next week 3 phone calls later you may be still awaiting YOUR MONEY.
Hopefully you are right. I'm sure it is sold and what he says is true regarding MOTing it etc so the private number plate could be transfered BUT there is doubt untill I see the money in my account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
If that's what the contract states then the car would be stolen if the money is not passed onto Nick.

Nick, as you are responsible for the car,do you have a current insurance policy for your car?
Yep I didnt cancel the insurance. I even renewed the AUC warranty in October just in case I got the car back.
      12-13-2011, 02:06 PM   #24
Real Thing
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Audi TT-RS Plus + MK6 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick999 View Post
This is good advice, but I cant see any information on a prefered finance company.

All the info I can find on Google would sugest I am still the legal owner because I have a signed SOR document and havent signed the logbook.

Lets face it. No one gives away a £19k car. The law must be on my side.

I will call Cardiff police tomorrow.

Not sure how much of a Police matter it is so a call to citizens advise might be beneficial 1st.
I sold a £40K alpina though a broker in Chester once took me over two weeks to get the full amount from the dealer used every 2nd hand car trader excuse I've every heard sure he was using my money to finance other deals but could never prove it only reassurance I had was that when I handed over the 2nd Key + V5 which the dealer will require before they can complete the sale is that I get a company cheque to hold until funds are in my bank (although I know if they go into administration before I get paid or cash the cheque I would just be in the list of creditors) when you hear these type of stories it makes you wonder if it's worth trying to sell a Car other than just part ex (safest way but you know you get ripped off)
As you say legally the Car is still yours as you have a signed agreement with the dealer so just hope he isn’t in any financial trouble as I’m sure you will get your money but not sure when.
      12-13-2011, 02:17 PM   #25
buckethead
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 320d msport

some companys will be using novembers money to pay septembers bills because of cash flow problems and its a case of who shouts loudest gets payed..

you need to get yourself down to the dealers to see if the car has gone. No dealer would release a car without clear funds

if your car is not there ask for immediate payment, if this is not fouth coming phone the police as this is fraud

how do you know their are not others in the same position as you

hope you get your money

Last edited by buckethead; 12-13-2011 at 03:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 02:35 PM   #26
pjs
Colonel
Rep
Drives: i8

I've had to read this a few times to get my head round it, but ultimately you left your car with them at the end of August, and almost 4 months later you have neither the car or the cash in your possession.

I've had a dig around Google and there I haven't found anything to suggest he is a crook, just a few mixed reviews. (the power of the big motoring world thread shows what can happen).

So good luck as others have said, but if I were in your shoes now my first call would to be a lawyer who will hopefully explain how you can get your cash, or car, back tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 02:39 PM   #27
Nick999
Lieutenant
England
Rep

Garage List
Thanks for the excellent advice guys
      12-13-2011, 03:07 PM   #28
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

Is it not an offence to have two insurance policies running on the same car at one time?

I doubt the new keeper will be aware of what is going on, but he might end up getting a raw deal too.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 03:17 PM   #29
Nick999
Lieutenant
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
Is it not an offence to have two insurance policies running on the same car at one time?

I doubt the new keeper will be aware of what is going on, but he might end up getting a raw deal too.
After I left my car with Williams I put my private plate on retention. The car reverted back to it's '08' plate. I never changed my insurance document, so I guess my insurance will be invalid.

I doubt the new keeper will be aware of what is going on. I have heard cars have been siezed from new owners because there is outstanding finance from the previous keeper, as the owner is still the finance company. Hopefully much the same as me being the legal owner.
      12-13-2011, 03:40 PM   #30
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Hi Nick,

All good and relevant advice here and I WOULD suggest you contact the police under these circumstances, if they won't pay up right away.

That said, I wanted to share a similar story with you which turned out ok. I used a similar company to sell my Porsche and although they were slow and crap sorting things, I DID get paid more or less on time. My process took about a month from ads, to sale, to payment... So a bit less but nonetheless it happened.

Hope you get it sorted mate.

Matt
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 03:54 PM   #31
Real Thing
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post

Think it's only an offence if you try and claim though two companies or have two policies on the same car in the same name I run a Multi-Car Policy (Two cars) and often leave a car that I've sold on the policy for 3 or 4 weeks before I get a replacement was told by the company that not worth suspending the policy and just to contact them when new vehicle arrives
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 05:05 PM   #32
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
I doubt the new keeper will be aware of what is going on. I have heard cars have been siezed from new owners because there is outstanding finance from the previous keeper, as the owner is still the finance company. Hopefully much the same as me being the legal owner.
There's a Porsche dealer up on fraud charges for doing exactly what you have described, selling cars with outstanding finance, the cars were like yours, on a sale or return basis.

I hope it works out OK Nick,but I wouldn't give the dealer any more time,no money,call the Police and report it.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 02:13 AM   #33
jonl1983
Lieutenant
Wales
Rep
Drives: F12 640d M Sport

I'm in Cardiff today mate, where is the show room il go and have a look if it is there/been sold etc if you want?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 04:01 AM   #34
simples
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

just watched 'rip off britain' 14th BBC 1 and there were a few stories in there where consumers have had a similar experience to yours, and the outcome (not the same company though) worth a view catch it iplayer...
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 05:06 AM   #35
Nick999
Lieutenant
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonl1983 View Post
I'm in Cardiff today mate, where is the show room il go and have a look if it is there/been sold etc if you want?
Would be great if you could take a look if you are near by. It's Williams motor co 216 Penarth road Cardiff CF11 8NN. Right by Sytner BMW!!
Black 335i M Sport Coupe with Black leather and manual gearbox. Sunroof and BBS LM reps. reg KL08HNK, although that may have changed.

I contacted Cardiff police this morning. Their reply was At this stage, it is difficult to say whether a criminal offence has been
committed; a lot would depend on the intentions of the car dealer.

They suggested I contact Consumer Direct, who are better equipped to deal with disputes of this nature. If it
becomes clear that there is evidence of criminality then you should contact
your local police.

This is the copy of message I recieved from Williams this morning

Nick

Please confirm the acct details again please 65 00 41 29703832 has bounced back saying incorrect s/code / bank

Please confirm again and I will put clear funds straight in now

Regards Andrew

That is nothing like the bank details I gave him. In writing with all other car documents. I have given him the correct details and requested a 24 hr transfer.
So I guess I will give it another day or so before I take it any further.
      12-14-2011, 05:38 AM   #36
davyk31
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS :-) & F40 M135i

This is extremely worrying for you and the possibility of made up bank details just makes your more nervous. Hopefully they are genuine, call them today with the correct details and ask for a CHAPS transfer today, will mature in your account by close of business.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 05:39 AM   #37
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

That sounds like another poor excuse to me.

It would be a stupid mistake to make in it's own right, but with so many excuses in the lead up, I simply can't accept he has tried to pay such a significant amount of money into a wrong account.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 05:41 AM   #38
dakhu1
love the 'GT ROAD'....bruuuaaah!
Rep
Drives: 320D M Sport & 118D M Sport

Hi Nick

Sorry to hear that you are going through this and fingers crossed you get your money soon!!!

The guy sounds like an idiot but I reckon you will get your cash. Otherwise, if things go on this way, I am sure you could round a few of us up to go down to 'have a word and sort em out' old skool style!! Probably be my preferred option before getting the cozzers involved...

P.S - is it me or has he falsely advertised the rims as BBS as opposed to BBS style??

Best of luck with it bud!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 06:12 AM   #39
Real Thing
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Would be great if you could take a look if you are near by. It's Williams motor co 216 Penarth road Cardiff CF11 8NN. Right by Sytner BMW!!
Black 335i M Sport Coupe with Black leather and manual gearbox. Sunroof and BBS LM reps. reg KL08HNK, although that may have changed.

I contacted Cardiff police this morning. Their reply was At this stage, it is difficult to say whether a criminal offence has been
committed; a lot would depend on the intentions of the car dealer.

They suggested I contact Consumer Direct, who are better equipped to deal with disputes of this nature. If it
becomes clear that there is evidence of criminality then you should contact
your local police.

This is the copy of message I recieved from Williams this morning

Nick

Please confirm the acct details again please 65 00 41 29703832 has bounced back saying incorrect s/code / bank

Please confirm again and I will put clear funds straight in now

Regards Andrew

That is nothing like the bank details I gave him. In writing with all other car documents. I have given him the correct details and requested a 24 hr transfer.
So I guess I will give it another day or so before I take it any further.
As I said in an earlier post your dealing with the motor trade so they will try every excuse they can think of to not pay straight away I sell cars though dealers on a regular basis and not once have they paid me on the Day the said they would always get my money but they just seem to take joy out of keeping you waiting (I'm sure you will get paid it's just the ball ache of having to chase them up)
      12-14-2011, 06:14 AM   #40
Nick999
Lieutenant
England
Rep

Garage List
Thanks for your coments guys. Fingers crossed the money will be in my account before weekend. But I wont hold my breath.

I never told him the alloys were reps. So I guess the new keeper thought he was getting a set of £3k LM's. I sold the original MV4's a few weeks back for £900 to make up for the commission I have to pay.

I wish I still had the car. I really regret selling it. Was like new!! But I guess in the current financial climate I done well getting £18,650 for car/wheels WHEN I actually receive the money!!!
      12-14-2011, 11:05 AM   #41
buckethead
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 320d msport

you really do need to go to this dealers if your monies is not in your account tomorrow this is a classic fob off hes probably used your money to pay someone else and waiting to sell a car to pay you.. ie trading insolvent
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 03:21 PM   #42
simples
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

call his bluff and say that u have contacted the police and they have passed details onto their fraud squad, and vehicle theft dept who say they will start investigation into this case, and that u will only put a stop to this once funds are cleared..the last thing he'll want is the old bill round...
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2011, 03:49 AM   #43
colin.smith
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: RS4

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks for your coments guys. Fingers crossed the money will be in my account before weekend. But I wont hold my breath.

I never told him the alloys were reps. So I guess the new keeper thought he was getting a set of £3k LM's. I sold the original MV4's a few weeks back for £900 to make up for the commission I have to pay.

I wish I still had the car. I really regret selling it. Was like new!! But I guess in the current financial climate I done well getting £18,650 for car/wheels WHEN I actually receive the money!!!
hi mate any good news yet.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2011, 04:05 AM   #44
Nick999
Lieutenant
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin.smith View Post
hi mate any good news yet.
Just £8000 transfered to my account this morning. I rang Williams straight away asking where is the £9750 balance. Reply was reached limit on transfer amount today. Balance to follow? Also it is from his private account. Very strange because when I bought the car from Sytners Sep 2010, I transfered £24k no problem!! Guess the business may be trading insolvent as mentioned above!