Bimmerpost for iPhone and Android have just been updated with a host of bug fixes. If you've ever had trouble logging into it in the past, give it a try now!

  E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > JB+ or JB4 for Stage 1?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-29-2017, 03:59 AM   #1
thormessiah
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

JB+ or JB4 for Stage 1?

Hello all, I've been researching the market for a tune and don't know whether to go with JB stage 1 or get the full JB4. I have an afe stage 2 intake which probably has me making 300 hp so I'm looking for a tune that'll take me to 350-370 hp. I highly doubt I'll add any more performance bolt ons besides the intake (car came with a DINAN exhaust). Which of the two should I go with? There's also the option to get my car custom tuned for around 250 but not sure what the hp gains are from that.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2017, 04:16 PM   #2
Banco_9
Private First Class
Banco_9's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
152
Posts

Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (4)

If you haven't already, look into MHD flasher. But to answer your question between the jb+ vs jb4, go with jb4.
Appreciate 2
      12-29-2017, 05:31 PM   #3
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Jeff@TopGearSolutions's Avatar
United_States
2159
Rep
50,282
Posts


Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: www.TopGearSolutions.com

iTrader: (37)

JB+ is just a boos scalar, not a tune. It raises boost 3-5 psi. That's it.

If it's between JB+ and JB4 just go with JB4, a lot more control, functionality, features and power potential.
__________________
|Like us on Facebook||Evolution Racewerks| |Active Autowerke| |ETS| |Burger Tuning| |PURE Turbos| |Mishimoto||VRSF| |AWE| |Wagner|

|PM for Special Forum Pricing!| |VTT| |KW| |Spec| |ST Coilovers| |Koni| |Bilstein| |Borla| |Magnaflow| |AFE| |Shifteck| |Injen| Create an Account for up to 10% OFF!
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2017, 09:56 PM   #4
Steadyhand
New Member
1
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: E90
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

I just installed a JB+ on my son's 335xi (2010) along with a Burger (Phoenix) charge pipe. We put the JB+ on 100% (purchased it second hand).

Love it. No codes. Noticeable power increase. Have no reference to any other mods. Couldn't be happier. On the other hand, I am still reading all of the threads covering the higher level mods.....
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2017, 10:25 PM   #5
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
3020
Rep
62,298
Posts


Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: N54tuning.com

iTrader: (90)

JB4 is a fun starter tune with a lot of features, and unlike flash maps, includes resale value. They also offer free back end flash maps you can flash to the car when you're ready to take it to the next level.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2017, 05:06 AM   #6
Beamer335i
New Member
0
Rep
23
Posts

Drives: 2008 BMW 335i E90 Sedan
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Caldwell, NJ

iTrader: (0)

Selling my JB+ I no longer use, message me if interested
__________________
Cobb Cat-Back Exhaust, BMS DCI, VRSF Catless DP, JB
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2017, 03:34 PM   #7
thormessiah
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
JB4 is a fun starter tune with a lot of features, and unlike flash maps, includes resale value. They also offer free back end flash maps you can flash to the car when you're ready to take it to the next level.

Mike
Would I be able to use JB4 Map 2 with just the intake?
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2017, 04:09 PM   #8
RLe92335
Private
8
Rep
74
Posts

Drives: 2010 e92 335i AWD
Join Date: May 2017
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2010 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
JB4 has a Map 5 which auto-adjusts based on conditions: your other mods, air temps, etc. All I have is an intake and JB4 and I am getting around 15psi on Map 5 with cool air temps. I am very happy with it, and it is waaay smoother than the JB+. I started with the JB+ and outgrew it in two months.

IMO, the JB4 is worth it alone for the simple fact that you are also getting a code reader (if you dont already have one). I love knowing why my Service Engine Soon light comes on, and whether it is something worth taking the car to a mechanic for. If its not, clear the codes with the JB4 and move on with your life. Its great.
Appreciate 1
      01-02-2018, 12:24 PM   #9
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Jeff@TopGearSolutions's Avatar
United_States
2159
Rep
50,282
Posts


Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: www.TopGearSolutions.com

iTrader: (37)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLe92335 View Post
JB4 has a Map 5 which auto-adjusts based on conditions: your other mods, air temps, etc. All I have is an intake and JB4 and I am getting around 15psi on Map 5 with cool air temps. I am very happy with it, and it is waaay smoother than the JB+. I started with the JB+ and outgrew it in two months.

IMO, the JB4 is worth it alone for the simple fact that you are also getting a code reader (if you dont already have one). I love knowing why my Service Engine Soon light comes on, and whether it is something worth taking the car to a mechanic for. If its not, clear the codes with the JB4 and move on with your life. Its great.
__________________
|Like us on Facebook||Evolution Racewerks| |Active Autowerke| |ETS| |Burger Tuning| |PURE Turbos| |Mishimoto||VRSF| |AWE| |Wagner|

|PM for Special Forum Pricing!| |VTT| |KW| |Spec| |ST Coilovers| |Koni| |Bilstein| |Borla| |Magnaflow| |AFE| |Shifteck| |Injen| Create an Account for up to 10% OFF!
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2018, 04:07 PM   #10
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
mike@x-ph.com's Avatar
United_States
5517
Rep
82,972
Posts


Drives: 2007 e92 335i / 2013 F30 328
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thormessiah View Post
Hello all, I've been researching the market for a tune and don't know whether to go with JB stage 1 or get the full JB4. I have an afe stage 2 intake which probably has me making 300 hp so I'm looking for a tune that'll take me to 350-370 hp. I highly doubt I'll add any more performance bolt ons besides the intake (car came with a DINAN exhaust). Which of the two should I go with? There's also the option to get my car custom tuned for around 250 but not sure what the hp gains are from that.
If you have the budget for it, JB4.

If you dont have more than $199 to spend on mods, JB+ offers a lot of value for the price
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2018, 06:26 PM   #11
Beamer335i
New Member
0
Rep
23
Posts

Drives: 2008 BMW 335i E90 Sedan
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Caldwell, NJ

iTrader: (0)

I'm selling my JB+ I no longer use, message me if interested
__________________
Cobb Cat-Back Exhaust, BMS DCI, VRSF Catless DP, JB
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
afe, jb4, stage 1

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:08 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST