E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Getting a 335i tomorrow

02-28-2013, 04:32 PM   #67
hjhjgjfchk
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicate
lol remake account brah when u get the 335 and start over
Maybe I will but this thread is actually fun, I'm keeping this for now haha
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 04:37 PM   #68
RaddM4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 & 991 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarface View Post
I really appreciate all the positive comments, but I don't understand why some people want me to crash so badly, my brothers first car was an r32 and he didn't crash once, and my dad is buying me this car because he knows I'm not a dumbass, it's called trust
haha... dude it's inevitable. People aren't hating it's just the truth. We have all been in your shoes and crashed our cars. Your first car just has a little more hp than ours did. You just got done with your learners permit. Once you get your allowance, you should buy your self a JB4 and get it up around 400 HP. The chicks at your high school are gonna Dig ya Bro!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 04:39 PM   #69
335dFan
Jumping Jack Flash
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Garage List
OP, good luck, but as others have said in different words, be careful. Power definitely tends to corrupt. It can get away from you very quickly. But one can also screw up with any car. My first car was one I bought at age 21, but before that I was being a stereotypical teenager in a parents-owned 1959 straight-six automatic Ford station wagon. Definitely not a chick magnet, but you can still kill yourself regardless. I hope you do fine. Probably wouldn't hurt to join BMWCCA and take some of the courses they offer.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 04:46 PM   #70
hjhjgjfchk
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaddN54
Quote:
I really appreciate all the positive comments, but I don't understand why some people want me to crash so badly, my brothers first car was an r32 and he didn't crash once, and my dad is buying me this car because he knows I'm not a dumbass, it's called trust
haha... dude it's inevitable. People aren't hating it's just the truth. We have all been in your shoes and crashed our cars. Your first car just has a little more hp than ours did. You just got done with your learners permit. Once you get your allowance, you should buy your self a JB4 and get it up around 400 HP. The chicks at your high school are gonna Dig ya Bro!
My dad isn't gonna let me get a tune unless its for mpg, and i know a lot of people crash their first car, but I'm not gonna drive an expensive car like its a ricer haha
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 04:47 PM   #71
SDV325
N54 or N55?
Canada
Rep
Drives: 99 Impreza 2.5RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335dFan View Post
OP, good luck, but as others have said in different words, be careful. Power definitely tends to corrupt. It can get away from you very quickly. But one can also screw up with any car. My first car was one I bought at age 21, but before that I was being a stereotypical teenager in a parents-owned 1959 straight-six automatic Ford station wagon. Definitely not a chick magnet, but you can still kill yourself regardless. I hope you do fine. Probably wouldn't hurt to join BMWCCA and take some of the courses they offer.
definitely the best thing to do is take some professional driving courses/track days. That's the first thing that really got me hooked for tracking days. They really show you how to take corners, brake, accelerate, when to use the power and when not to. Was definitely interesting when a professional driver takes the wheel and you ride shotgun, amazing how much difference there is when you are shown how to drive your car better lol.
      02-28-2013, 04:48 PM   #72
SDV325
N54 or N55?
Canada
Rep
Drives: 99 Impreza 2.5RS

Quote:
My dad isn't gonna let me get a tune unless its for mpg, and i know a lot of people crash their first car, but I'm not gonna drive an expensive car like its a ricer haha
then please dont paint your calipers yellow lol
      02-28-2013, 04:50 PM   #73
hjhjgjfchk
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335dFan
Thank you for putting it in kind words and hoping i do fine, and you're right.. any car can kill not just a fast one
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 04:53 PM   #74
hjhjgjfchk
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDV325
Quote:
then please dont paint your calipers yellow lol
yellow or red brake calipers isn't ricer at all?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 04:56 PM   #75
RaddM4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

You can install the tune in less than an hour. Your dad will never know! I bought an 1992 E36 M3 when I was 19. I thought I was pretty fricking cool. Totaled it within 8 months lol. Have fun with your new ride!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 04:57 PM   #76
kdbryce
I have to return some video tapes
United_States
Rep
Drives: e70 X5M

i had two lambos and a tank when i was 16
      02-28-2013, 04:59 PM   #77
Hybrid For Life
Banned
Germany
Rep
Drives: Out of Spec

Quote:
BBK no, painted stock calipers yes
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 04:59 PM   #78
RaddM4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
There cool if you actually have an after market big brake set up. It's gay as hell if you paint stock ones or buy the little fake covers. It's about the most riced out things you good do to your car along with a set of Altezza's.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 05:02 PM   #79
kdbryce
I have to return some video tapes
United_States
Rep
Drives: e70 X5M

also, OP, one thing to keep in mind is many of us on the forum also come from wealthy families who helped buy our first car

but we don't go on about it and brag about driving our dad's expensive cars

no one cares how old you are or how you paid for your car
      02-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #80
hjhjgjfchk
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid For Life
Quote:
BBK no, painted stock calipers yes
Oh yeah I'm not painting them I'm buying new ones I didn't clarify that, there not gonna be no brembos, way to much money but some aftermarket ones that I can afford
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 05:07 PM   #81
hjhjgjfchk
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbryce
also, OP, one thing to keep in mind is many of us on the forum also come from wealthy families who helped buy our first car

The guy said he wanted to see a thread about how I crashed my car into a poll, so I think it's very necessary to tell him I've driven faster cars before, it's not like I named all the cars, I just said I've driven faster cars before and have a feel for them, so it's not bragging but it seems like if you've driven a car faster than a 335i it's only on forza
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 05:09 PM   #82
RaddM4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbryce View Post

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 05:16 PM   #83
Bimmer-Pilot
NY Yankees #1
Cuba
Rep
Drives: 2010 AW E92

Garage List
2008 Ferrari F-430  [0.00]
06 X-3  [0.00]
Yo bro.....I would NEVER EVER WISH SOMEONE TO CRASH....NEVER.... But just stop being so cocky...We all get it your pops has cash and your getting a fast car.... I think its the way your coming off... Just clam down be safe and don't come off like daddy's little rich boy..A lot of people don't like that.....
But anyways good luck be safe....
      02-28-2013, 05:22 PM   #84
hjhjgjfchk
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Pilot
Yo bro.....I would NEVER EVER WISH SOMEONE TO CRASH....NEVER.... But just stop being so cocky...We all get it your pops has cash and your getting a fast car.... I think its the way your coming off... Just clam down be safe and don't come off like daddy's little rich boy..A lot of people don't like that.....
But anyways good luck be safe....
I know but there's no way I can say how I'm getting this car without sounding cocky, once I bring in the words 'dad bought it for me' people instantly think I'm being cocky and wanna say how in going to crash, but I'll be safe, thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 05:28 PM   #85
dootlah
Banned
Rep
Drives: e30post.com

Quote:
I know but there's no way I can say how I'm getting this car without sounding cocky, once I bring in the words 'dad bought it for me' people instantly think I'm being cocky and wanna say how in going to crash, but I'll be safe, thanks
Having your dad buy you a car isn't why people are calling you cocky...lol. Do you even know what cocky means? Your dad gave you a budget, 30k? Wow. My parents helped me buy my first car too....I settled for a $2k car. They would split whatever the amount was with me...BRB, I'd feel terrible about myself having my parents spend 30k on a first car for me, regardless of how much money they have.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 05:36 PM   #86
RaddM4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

The attitude of good looking boys that think they're the shit. In reality, they are annoying and nobody likes them. In high school, they are usually jocks, and players.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 05:45 PM   #87
hjhjgjfchk
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dootlah
Quote:
Having your dad buy you a car isn't why people are calling you cocky...lol. Do you even know what cocky means? Your dad gave you a budget, 30k? Wow. My parents helped me buy my first car too....I settled for a $2k car. They would split whatever the amount was with me...BRB, I'd feel terrible about myself having my parents spend 30k on a first car for me, regardless of how much money they have.
Okay but my parents aren't your parents, you act like my dad is a fucking idiot who is going to put himself in debt over his sons first car, he knows what he can afford and my brothers first car was as much as mine, why would he buy my brother a nice car but not me... He wouldn't, you have no idea what my family has or makes so i dont know why youre saying I should feel terrible
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 06:05 PM   #88
SharkBait
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i

Garage List
Ironic that this thread should drum up so much criticism over a 335 owner's age when there's another thread showing just how young most of the board members on here are. Most of you are in your early twenties which means you are so high risk that you can't even rent a car! So maybe dial back the "you're gonna crash" commentary and realize you might crash too.

Quote:
Don't sweat it. I'm new around here too. I bet most of these guys would've creamed their pants if their parents allowed them to get a 335i at 16. I know I would've. That said, you are statistically in a very high risk group (I'd hate to see your insurance policy!) so take it easy and only push your car in controlled environments like at the track with an instructor. Enjoy and welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSRe92 View Post
Jealous? JEALOUS? Ha its called a joke! But let me give you some insight you little prick, I'm 23yrs old I own 6 cars(not including my wifes) 2 motorcycles a boat and a house. When I turned 16 I had been working for 3 years and I learned to drive on a 1987 porsche 911 I bought and restored with my own resources. By 17 I had bought myself a an 05 vette. By 19 I was done paying it. By 20 I got my first e46 m3. Today by day I have a safe with 9 titles under my name (satisfaction you don't and probably won't get to have by 23) a house and a lot more respect for money then you'll ever have. And I've never to this point ever even mentioned it online..so when you go to sleep tonight remember that 26yr old 911 porsche I got when I got when I was 16 is STILL worth more then your car.

And when you wake up in the morning remember unlike you you can't count my OWNED AND PAID for vehicles with one hand..unlike you. And for the record your car won't be wrapped around a tree within a year because you're 16 driving a fast car, it'll be wrapped around a tree because you're a cocky little prick who thinks is awesome because he owns an entry level luxury vehicle daddy gave him and cant value what it don't cost him.

Enjoy the ULTIMATE driving experience.
Douchiest comment I've read on this board yet. Well done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDV325 View Post
a bit of it is jealousy, but also a bit of it is stats.

I cannot could the number of times younger kids (frick that makes me feel old saying that) have tried to race me on public streets. Now we have all been there, done stupid shit but thankfully they are in beaters, civics, grand ams, cavaliers, sunfires etc.
If you pulled up along side me, I'd probably think the same of you. It's all relative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbryce View Post
i had two lambos and a tank when i was 16
+1. And I had a FA-18 when I was 11! I bought it and maintained it myself!

NOTE: New here and still kind of lurking around but had to make a comment.

Last edited by SharkBait; 02-28-2013 at 06:12 PM..
Appreciate 0