E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > GTR spec chosen

04-01-2008, 11:25 AM   #67
Real Thing
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Audi TT-RS Plus + MK6 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve A View Post

3.5k is needed. The dealer lists are all full, they (10 gtr dealerships) have all invested a lot of money and have been allocated 40 cars each. I was number 8 on the list. But apparently only 3 others and myself out of 40 want the satnav so i wont actually get my car at number 8 but will be one of the first to have a UK car with satnav.

Ive been told that on the 2nd april all orders will be put online, mine will go on 8th and A) everyone with a fully paid dippa WILL DEFO get a car in 2009.and B) nissan will email me with a delivery date/slot within 72 hours
Steve
Looks like we could be in a lottery for Delivery quote from the GTR forum (bit late for a April fool Joke so looks like it could be genuine)

According to a dealer's memo this morning, Nissan have now changed thier minds and are giving everybody on their deposit list an equal chance of getting a car, rather than the first-come first-served system that we all had originally thought they were adopting. Nissan HQ have not denied this either, they are saying that cars will be allocated on a "lottery" basis.
Frankly I think this is unfair. I have been promised by several Nissan dealers that they will be able to get me my car sooner as I am near the top of their list. Nissan HQ have said that these dealers are at fault and have been advising customers incorrectly. It simply doesnt help me. I have brought many cars previously and each time it has always been a first-come first-served basis. Nissan HQ seem to think "Nissan are different". Yep, I agree they are different in that they mislead their customers. As per the dealers and based on the misleading information/advice given by them I have placed two deposits for two cars i.e. £7000. Only to find out (after they have got my money) that they want to change their method of allocation. Which means that I(FEB 07 deposit) am in no better position than the person who placed thier order yesterday!! This is Nissan's UK HQ number to ring to complain if you like me are near the top of the deposit list or ring to congratulate if you placed your deposit yesterday 01923899334!!!
      04-01-2008, 02:47 PM   #68
Steve A
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4 Beemer View Post
'bold' is not the word I would use

nothing bold about a statement of fact. if you guys cant deal with it then tough.

Carl your argument was that the 911 turbo was BETTER than the GTR. I asked you how it was better. Then i proceeded to demonstrate with facts how the GTR is the better car.

Your only response was basically its a porsche. Which is nothing to do with it being a better car and everything to do with being a bigger status symbol. Then you change your ctiteria and start saying the GT2 is a better car.

BTW the GTR is 2 seconds a lap faster then the 911 turbo around the nurburgring..
      04-01-2008, 02:50 PM   #69
Steve A
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Thing View Post
Steve
Looks like we could be in a lottery for Delivery quote from the GTR forum (bit late for a April fool Joke so looks like it could be genuine)

According to a dealer's memo this morning, Nissan have now changed thier minds and are giving everybody on their deposit list an equal chance of getting a car, rather than the first-come first-served system that we all had originally thought they were adopting. Nissan HQ have not denied this either, they are saying that cars will be allocated on a "lottery" basis.
Frankly I think this is unfair. I have been promised by several Nissan dealers that they will be able to get me my car sooner as I am near the top of their list. Nissan HQ have said that these dealers are at fault and have been advising customers incorrectly. It simply doesnt help me. I have brought many cars previously and each time it has always been a first-come first-served basis. Nissan HQ seem to think "Nissan are different". Yep, I agree they are different in that they mislead their customers. As per the dealers and based on the misleading information/advice given by them I have placed two deposits for two cars i.e. £7000. Only to find out (after they have got my money) that they want to change their method of allocation. Which means that I(FEB 07 deposit) am in no better position than the person who placed thier order yesterday!! This is Nissan's UK HQ number to ring to complain if you like me are near the top of the deposit list or ring to congratulate if you placed your deposit yesterday 01923899334!!!

im hoping that as im waiting for satnav ill get a car in september 09.
      04-01-2008, 03:17 PM   #70
Real Thing
Lieutenant
Rep

We Won't know until May now and first Cars wont arrive until April
email from Nissan

It’s almost here. The most eagerly-awaited car Nissan has ever built: the stunning new GT-R.

Don’t forget that the new GT-R is available to pre-order exclusively at Nissan High Performance Centres from 2 April, or alternatively online from 4 April. To find your nearest Centre please click here. With intense customer interest in GT-R, we strongly advise you confirm your pre-order reservation between the 2 April and 6 April so that you can be considered for the earliest availability. Your order reservation has to be supported by a £3,500 deposit. www.gtrnissan.com.

We are aware that some GT-R customers may well have placed a deposit at a Nissan dealer who has not been appointed as a Nissan High Performance Centre. Under these circumstances please contact these dealers directly and request the immediate return of any deposits paid. Only Nissan High Performance Centres are authorised to accept GT-R deposits and place order reservations.

With demand predicted to exceed limited supply, multiple orders from a single customer cannot be accepted. All order reservations will have equal status and will be equitably matched against the earliest available production. Customers can expect to receive confirmed delivery dates in respect of their order reservation at the end of May 2008. UK customer deliveries for GT-R will commence from April 2009. So don’t miss your chance to be among the first who have pre-ordered the new supercar designed and built for anyone, anytime, anywhere.
      04-01-2008, 03:36 PM   #71
Steve A
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
We Won't know until May now and first Cars wont arrive until April
email from Nissan

It’s almost here. The most eagerly-awaited car Nissan has ever built: the stunning new GT-R.

Don’t forget that the new GT-R is available to pre-order exclusively at Nissan High Performance Centres from 2 April, or alternatively online from 4 April. To find your nearest Centre please click here. With intense customer interest in GT-R, we strongly advise you confirm your pre-order reservation between the 2 April and 6 April so that you can be considered for the earliest availability. Your order reservation has to be supported by a £3,500 deposit. www.gtrnissan.com.

We are aware that some GT-R customers may well have placed a deposit at a Nissan dealer who has not been appointed as a Nissan High Performance Centre. Under these circumstances please contact these dealers directly and request the immediate return of any deposits paid. Only Nissan High Performance Centres are authorised to accept GT-R deposits and place order reservations.

With demand predicted to exceed limited supply, multiple orders from a single customer cannot be accepted. All order reservations will have equal status and will be equitably matched against the earliest available production. Customers can expect to receive confirmed delivery dates in respect of their order reservation at the end of May 2008. UK customer deliveries for GT-R will commence from April 2009. So don’t miss your chance to be among the first who have pre-ordered the new supercar designed and built for anyone, anytime, anywhere.

bleeding hell!!! 3.5k off my money and no guarantee of a car
      04-01-2008, 03:50 PM   #72
mikem
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4M

Quote:

Loose change to you Stevie.

You`ll have changed your mind by next year anyway.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2008, 03:50 PM   #73
Real Thing
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
There's going to be alot of Dealers sitting on a Good income (middlehurst has something like 200 Deposits) Just hope no-one goes to the wall
      04-01-2008, 03:56 PM   #74
Gibbo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Golf Ed35

Quote:
Steve

Real Thing, that is totally out of order the cars should be distributed in order that the dealer takes the deposits. There are 2 exceptions to this position. 1. Dealer Demo car & 2. Someone higher up the list cancels, wants to wait for new reg if close to change time or are waiting for sat nav version.

I have had 2 pre-order BMWs in my life a E46 323Ci Coupe that I ordered 1year before the model came out. I was number 1 on the dealer list but because it came out in July on a T plate I said I would take my car 1st Sept so the dealer got there demo and another car before me.
I ordered a Z4 2 years before they came out and I was no. 1 on the list and had the 1st car same time as dealer demo.

I guess they are trying to weed out the speculators from the serious punters. i.e. you won't gamble if you are a speculator as your car might come after the initial high demand period.

This is just so wrong and I would be at the dealership and on the phone to Nissan UK salesdirector with the dealerprinciple and salesmanger by your side on conference call. You have brought a place in the que - you have been told where you are and that is why you have comitted a deposit. If they want to change the rules from now on that's there choice but buyers will be aware and make there decision with the facts availible to them.

My local Porsche dealership has deposits for the next generation 911 Turbo the day the 997 Turbo came out. It's a crazy world but Nissan cannot rewrite the rules as this takes away credability.
      04-01-2008, 03:58 PM   #75
Real Thing
Lieutenant
Rep

Nissan have made a great Car but from Day one I don't think there've had any idea how to market it (I think there still on the playstation with Gran Turismo)
      04-01-2008, 03:59 PM   #76
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Whoops, was just going to congratulate you Steve on an awesome buy and it's going pearshaped!

Anyway I'll avoid doing any comparisons with other cars, as from what I've read, there seems few cars that will come anywhere near close to the GT-R.

If you look at the cost of the GT-R in comparison to other cars that supposedly compare in performance, there is no contest.

It's got to be the best bang for buck car out there IMO.

It's worthwhile hanging on for Steve, £3.5K is lunchbox money for you

And now this:

Amuse Nissan GT-R No Joke
Series of upgrades push GT-R's power up to 582hp

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...?f=23&t=515690

Kin ell!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2008, 04:06 PM   #77
Steve A
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem View Post
Loose change to you Stevie.

You`ll have changed your mind by next year anyway.

Quote:
There's going to be alot of Dealers sitting on a Good income (middlehurst has something like 200 Deposits) Just hope no-one goes to the wall
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Real Thing, that is totally out of order the cars should be distributed in order that the dealer takes the deposits. There are 2 exceptions to this position. 1. Dealer Demo car & 2. Someone higher up the list cancels, wants to wait for new reg if close to change time or are waiting for sat nav version.

I have had 2 pre-order BMWs in my life a E46 323Ci Coupe that I ordered 1year before the model came out. I was number 1 on the dealer list but because it came out in July on a T plate I said I would take my car 1st Sept so the dealer got there demo and another car before me.
I ordered a Z4 2 years before they came out and I was no. 1 on the list and had the 1st car same time as dealer demo.

I guess they are trying to weed out the speculators from the serious punters. i.e. you won't gamble if you are a speculator as your car might come after the initial high demand period.

This is just so wrong and I would be at the dealership and on the phone to Nissan UK salesdirector with the dealerprinciple and salesmanger by your side on conference call. You have brought a place in the que - you have been told where you are and that is why you have comitted a deposit. If they want to change the rules from now on that's there choice but buyers will be aware and make there decision with the facts availible to them.

My local Porsche dealership has deposits for the next generation 911 Turbo the day the 997 Turbo came out. It's a crazy world but Nissan cannot rewrite the rules as this takes away credability.
well said

Quote:
Nissan have made a great Car but from Day one I don't think there've had any idea how to market it (I think there still on the playstation with Gran Turismo)
seems bananas all this. and on top of this we in the UK have to wait 18 months for SATNAV @1900 squid when cars in the USA and Japan the satnav is standard... aaaaaaaggrrrrggggghhhhhhhh!!!

still want one like
      04-01-2008, 04:13 PM   #78
Steve A
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
Whoops, was just going to congratulate you Steve on an awesome buy and it's going pearshaped!

Anyway I'll avoid doing any comparisons with other cars, as from what I've read, there seems few cars that will come anywhere near close to the GT-R.

If you look at the cost of the GT-R in comparison to other cars that supposedly compare in performance, there is no contest.

It's got to be the best bang for buck car out there IMO.

It's worthwhile hanging on for Steve, £3.5K is lunchbox money for you

And now this:

Amuse Nissan GT-R No Joke
Series of upgrades push GT-R's power up to 582hp

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...?f=23&t=515690

Kin ell!!!

that car is serious
      04-01-2008, 07:28 PM   #79
marlie
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i

Hi guys check this out.. and i thought you couldnt do anything to the GTR

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/defa...?storyId=17818
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 02:07 AM   #80
DervFan
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW (E91) 325d M Sport Touring

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlie View Post
Hi guys check this out.. and i thought you couldnt do anything to the GTR

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/defa...?storyId=17818
I was going to say it's an April Fool (with a name like Amuse! )
Although the article was published by PH on 31 March
      04-02-2008, 05:40 AM   #81
Dr.Crap
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

i was told yesterday that nissan have increased the uk allocation to 50% of the total european allocation. so not all doom and gloom
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 11:00 AM   #82
Steve A
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Had a conversation today and essentially noone will get a delivery date until May.

if the customer is not happy with the date they can get a refund.

I just hope i get mine before 2010 so i dont have to pay 950 to the robbing **** they call the government
      04-02-2008, 11:56 AM   #83
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Quote:
Had a conversation today and essentially noone will get a delivery date until May.

if the customer is not happy with the date they can get a refund.

I just hope i get mine before 2010 so i dont have to pay 950 to the robbing **** they call the government
Steve, if you save your pennies between now and the estimated delivery date of the Datsun You might be able to afford the Humble Porsche 911, of your choice (turbo or GT2)
      04-02-2008, 11:58 AM   #84
jjbirch
Banned
Rep
Drives: E60 530D M SPORT

Garage List
datsun havnt heard that in a while something my grandad used to say, steve u have to debage and put datsun on the back lol
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 01:50 PM   #85
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by redE93cab View Post
Steve - that is one hellava car!! I want one sooooo much

Have you paid your 3k deposit now then? I spoke to my finance guy the other week, and he was advised by Nissan that at that time (about 3 wks ago) there was no official list - buyers were simply paying the 3k to the dealer to get onto that particular dealers waiting list. Nissan apparantly had not allocated stock to any particular dealers so still no guarantees as to who gets a car or not?

has all this changed now?

If so I need to do some decisive decision making!
So it appears my contact was talking some sense a week or two ago - It would not surprise me if they end up selling to certain influential buyers or to people who are willing to pay more than list price.

Not sure if I can be bothered to start playing lottery games with amounts of cash this high? You are either on a list or not!!

Nissan......what are you playing at! They are on track to F%$£ up the launch of one of the most influential cars of next year!
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 03:22 PM   #86
squeezebm
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Steve, if you save your pennies between now and the estimated delivery date of the Datsun You might be able to afford the Humble Porsche 911, of your choice (turbo or GT2)
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2008, 01:14 AM   #87
Steve A
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
no thanks ill stick with the rice rocket
      04-08-2008, 05:00 PM   #88
Gibbo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Golf Ed35

V spec version coming.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsAr...n-GT-R/232136/

order book for uk

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsAr...llCars/232130/