E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Passport BMW

12-19-2011, 10:02 AM   #23
Tuner1984
1 Stock M
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Slow

Garage List
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
BMW of Sterling always gives loaners as well.

Current: E46 M3
Retired: 2009 E90 AW M3
Retired: 2007 E90 AW 335i.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2011, 03:37 PM   #24
nawtyxes
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire E90

latest email to dealership
SUBJECT-VEHICLE STATUS AFTER 20+ DAYS

Can someone at Passport please let me know what is going with my vehicle?

I'm quite anxious as I am accruing absorbent car rental fees from Passport. I have already expressed my issue with this previously but am not getting any responses. I need to make alternate arrangements for transportation as $700.00+ in fees is wreaking havoc on my budget especially when I'm told one thing one day and something else several days later or nothing at all.

One question posed is did the CAS Unit replacement resolve any of the issues after the starter was replaced and if so to what degree? At this point do I need to just cut my loses? Was the CAS Unit replacement truly necessary since the issue continues to remain; please have this repair substantiated.

It was mentioned earlier that an electrical harness would need to be looked into; is this part of the CAS or part of wiring that would be affected by the battery issue when the car was repaired in April? I would appreciate it greatly if an update on progress and Passport's planned course of action so that I can make informed decisions on what to do next.

Thanks

RESPONSE FROM DEALERSHIP

Have shop foreman checking your vehicle he has not given me answers as of yet but will let you know as soon as I hear
      12-27-2011, 02:17 PM   #25
nawtyxes
First Lieutenant
Rep

So they dealership calls me on Friday (basically busiest time of year to be on the road) at 4:30 to let me know that my car would be ready by 5:30 and the total would be $1,940 (including car rental). Wasnt able to get the car until today.

$1,046 for the repair work
$1,065 for the car rental

Thanks for the ass fuck Passport BMW

No consideration for a loaner whatsoever, for even a week while you repaired a part under warranty

No consideration for a loaner whatsoever, for even a week while you "investigated" issues

No consideration for a loaner whatsoever, for even a week even after I expressed my concerned on the charges

Thanks for the ass fuck with no lube. I really really appreciate it

Merry Mother Fucking Christmas and Happy New Year
      12-27-2011, 02:38 PM   #26
bigdaddycane
I even mod my cereal
Rep
Drives: 11 ZCP DCT M3 14 328d 21 GT4

Garage List
Quote:
from what I've seen the majority of BMW dealerships as far as service goes sucks!!!
Very true....def agree with Pat. Wow, did I just say that???

Quote:
BMW of Sterling always gives loaners as well.
True dat! and no Enterprise cars any longer....all BMWs and Minis

I just agreed with Pat again.....End of the world must be coming.

Sterling is a great dealership....best service I've had with any car I owned under warranty....they have always taken care of me even with mods.

Charging you more than the parts and labor for the rental car is insulting. I would try talking to a manager about them possibly eating half of the rental car fees or more. It's something they can do without any skin off their nuts.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 02:47 PM   #27
Tuner1984
1 Stock M
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Slow

Garage List
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddycane View Post
Very true....def agree with Pat. Wow, did I just say that???

True dat! and no Enterprise cars any longer....all BMWs and Minis

I just agreed with Pat again.....End of the world must be coming.

Sterling is a great dealership....best service I've had with any car I owned under warranty....they have always taken care of me even with mods.

Charging you more than the parts and labor for the rental car is insulting. I would try talking to a manager about them possibly eating half of the rental car fees or more. It's something they can do without any skin off their nuts.

LOL!! Yes OP if you need somebody at Sterling and would like to try going to Sterling in the future let me or Bigdaddycane know. Great Service department and I've never had an issue.

Current: E46 M3
Retired: 2009 E90 AW M3
Retired: 2007 E90 AW 335i.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 02:50 PM   #28
bmodzelewski
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawtyxes View Post
So they dealership calls me on Friday (basically busiest time of year to be on the road) at 4:30 to let me know that my car would be ready by 5:30 and the total would be $1,940 (including car rental). Wasnt able to get the car until today.

$1,046 for the repair work
$1,065 for the car rental

No consideration for a loaner whatsoever, for even a week while you repaired a part under warranty

No consideration for a loaner whatsoever, for even a week while you "investigated" issues

No consideration for a loaner whatsoever, for even a week even after I expressed my concerned on the charges

Did you ever contact BMWNA?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 02:53 PM   #29
rust99
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawtyxes View Post

Thanks for fisting me Passport BMW
Thanks for cumming on my asshole then sticking it back in again

So, tell us how you really feel about p-ASS-port BMW .

Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 03:41 PM   #30
nawtyxes
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmodzelewski View Post
Did you ever contact BMWNA?

Yea, have relayed my issues to BMWUSA several times and they put in a "report" on the dealership.

Im relegated to my fate
      12-27-2011, 05:00 PM   #31
EngineCo52
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Montego 328xi CPE

thank god i dont live close enough to go to these places for service.... i go to BMW Bel Air, smaller dealership, never had anything but outstanding service there!! top notch let me tell you

E9x Picture Game-8 Points-Roundabout, Something Remarkable(stack of 50 g's), Cruise Memorabilia, Dirt Road w/ Trees, Michael Jackson, Police Station ,Dress-Up Funny, TPMS
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 03:50 PM   #32
nawtyxes
First Lieutenant
Rep

Reported still had to pay the 2k

Have the nerve to send me an email on service satisfaction, but when I go to open it I get note saying the survey is down

Sending a letter to dealership via my attorney demanding a log of hours worked on vehicle
      02-01-2012, 01:21 PM   #33
fedup
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2004 325xi

I am very sorry to hear about your problems with Passport. I am also having problems with them starting back in Nov. My car would start but immediately cut off. It got towed to Passport and they said it was the idle control valve. So I told them to fix it - it was $700. The first week of Jan the car did the same thing and had to be towed again to Passport. They had the car 2 weeks and finally decided I needed a new vent valve - supposedly had a hole in it even though it was fine when the car was there in Nov. Another $600 which I paid. They said they definitely fixed the problem - I won't have any issues and if so they would pay the next tow bill. I get the car back and that very night the car is running horribly. I attempt to drive it back to BMW but don't make it. Car starts and immediately cuts off. Car has to be towed a third time. Now they say I need a new fuel pump and they want $750 to fix that and pay for the tow bill. I refuse to pay that. I said the car needed a fuel pump the first time and you didn't fix that. I call BMW NA and get them involved.. They are not much help but do call the dealer. Finally, the service manager calls me. I agree to pay for parts - $440 but not labor and not the tow bill. Now they are holding my car hostage over the tow bill. They say the vent valve did not cause the fuel pump problem so they shouldn't have to pay for it. I don't know what to do...

PS BMW NA told me that maybe I should find another dealer to take the car to... LOL
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2012, 08:30 PM   #34
elias
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

Don't like the SAs at Passport they are very arrogant and pushy, try to up sell you on service you don't need. I switched to Fairfax BMW and the service was excellent the SAs there can't do enough to make you happy. The difference was night and day, I still buy my cars at Passport but service will be at Fairfax from now on.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 07:36 AM   #35
toan414
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

So far, I love the service at Russell BMW. Always giving me a nice BMW loaner, one time for a full week. If there is a big issue, my SA, Tom Wolfe would always notify me, even brought me into the garage to meet the tech and discuss the issue with my car. So far I love Russell. I would definitely bring my business there.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 08:19 AM   #36
fedup
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2004 325xi

Thanks for the recommendations.. after yesterday I definitely will not be going back to Passport. I posted a bad review on dealer rater and mgmt called and screamed at me for it. Never an apology or any type of sympathy. They said obviously since I drove the car off the lot the second time they must have fixed it. I told them I will never ever do business with them again. I had been loyal to them - going there ever since I bought the car in 2005.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 02:11 PM   #37
nawtyxes
First Lieutenant
Rep

Joe Klein still has yet to respond to any of my voice mails or emails.
      02-21-2012, 05:24 PM   #38
mmlcrisis
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 09 TiAg E92 335i

Last I heard, Tom is no longer with Russell. He is the Service Manager at another dealership. Mike Diskin, the Russell Service Manager, is also gone. Both were good guys.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 08:33 PM   #39
tssgery
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i AND 2003 325i

Garage List
Not that it helps the OP any but I've been going to BMW of Alexandria for several years now and have good things to say. Whenever they needed to keep my car longer than promised, I was offered a BMW as a loaner without charge.

There was one incident, the lumbar support in the driver seat would not deflate. I took it to them and they claimed to fix it but it still would not deflate all the way. I took it back and the SA claimed that "just how the seat works" and would not believe me that it was not totally deflated. I went home, took the seat back off and deflated it manually myself in about 5 minutes. On my next trip to the dealer, I was told that the SA was no longer with BMW of Alexandria. I don't hold this bad experience against BMW of A, everyone gets a bad egg once in a while. Every other SA I have interacted with there has been great.

Passport is not far from Alexandria, sounds like it's worth the extra few miles for people displeased with Passport.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2012, 08:51 AM   #40
CoralRed335XI
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335XI Coupe

Garage List
2008 BMW 335XI  [3.66]
I've been very happy with Passport BMW. As far as loaners, BMWNA says that loaners are only to be given on sheduled maintenance. I did not purchase my car from passport, but they still always accommodate me with a loaner and never charge for it.

Well, my vehicle is at the passport Collision center now... we'll see how that fares.